The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

Thank you Lawreann, hubby spoke to doctor this afternoon and he won't do it! Said it has to go through them for the whole process.....meaning a 2 month wait so looks like we will have to pay! Oh well, just hope it's worth it! It's only £75 at hammersmith but most other places in london its around £200. When I think of the money we will save doing this trial, £75 is nothing.

Ali just emailed me now too and I'm going in to see him on Wednesday. SA results should be back Thursday so I will have everything crossed until results are back and all is confirmed if I can start!

I don't have much patience! Ha ha ha.... Hopefully this time next week we will know for sure.

So, do any of you ladies know what happens if the SA is not the best ? Not saying it there is a problem just wondering from both angles.... Would that affect taking part in the trial... ? Obviously I'm hoping there is nothing wrong but we have been trying for 3 years now so just want some sort of answer. Maybe we are just in the unexplained category! We will soon find out xx

Thank you Lawreann, hubby spoke to doctor this afternoon and he won't do it! Said it has to go through them for the whole process.....meaning a 2 month wait so looks like we will have to pay! Oh well, just hope it's worth it! It's only £75 at hammersmith but most other places in london its around £200. When I think of the money we will save doing this trial, £75 is nothing.

Ali just emailed me now too and I'm going in to see him on Wednesday. SA results should be back Thursday so I will have everything crossed until results are back and all is confirmed if I can start!

I don't have much patience! Ha ha ha.... Hopefully this time next week we will know for sure.

So, do any of you ladies know what happens if the SA is not the best ? Not saying it there is a problem just wondering from both angles.... Would that affect taking part in the trial... ? Obviously I'm hoping there is nothing wrong but we have been trying for 3 years now so just want some sort of answer. Maybe we are just in the unexplained category! We will soon find out xx

Yes, would be good to go through it at the same time as someone else. Don't worry too much about sa results as they are using ICSI which is usually used for male factor.

I have no good news...
They went to do the transfer and found AF like bleeding. Which means that they couldn't do the transfer. It also seems unlikely that it'll stop by Sunday. Meaning our cycle would have to be cancelled.
They've said that they'll talk to us on Sunday about payment options for a FET. But we simply cannot afford it, let alone do we want to do another cycle in London!

I'm okay for the moment, although absolutely devastated. I didn't expect to have this news at all. I thought we might get a bfn, but we're not even getting the opportunity to get that far

Wells I'm so sorry to hear that. Can they explain the bleeding at all?

If they freeze you can transfer them up to a clinic nearer you to save you travelling, would that be better for you?

They said it might be due to the medications (cyclogest and progynova) causing my lining to start to shed. :shrug:

I don't think you can? I'm not 100% on it to be honest, I didn't expect this to happen.

I'm pretty sure you can, might be worth asking them on Sunday. Bigs hugs to you x

Oh wellsk, so sorry to hear that. I have my fingers crossed for you that it does stop! Is there a possibility that they will do it if the bleeding stops ? X

Thanks Dollyandra, was just worrying that there may be an issue but that has put my mind at ease. I'm hoping that there is no issue anyway! Thursday can't come quick enough x

Wellsk I'm so sorry :hugs: glad u r taking it ok at the mo . I'll keep every thing crossed that it stops by Sunday and u can go ahead with transfer .

Nad hope all goes well and u get all your tests on time and get on the trial I'm sure it will all b fine I didn't think I would get on the trial as dr Carby wasn't sure my amh results would b in range but they came back good in the end .

I had my 2nd scan today I've got a couple more folicals but only small not really sure how many or how big they r but I don't think I've got that many as my left ovary doesn't seem to be responding as well as the right but they said that could be because I've had operations that might of affected the blood flow to the ovary . Got to go back on Monday for another scan . Really tired was up at half 4 this morning to get to my 9 o'clock appointment took 3 1/2 hours to get there and was only in there for 15 mins lol still hopefully it will all b worth it . How many scans has everyone else had before ec ?

Lawreann 5 embryos is still a good number I only had 4 eggs on my 1st ivf and only 2 fertilised had both put back after to days and I got pregnant with our son so don't worry to much

Hi ladies,

Glad to see some more people getting accepted I finally got my blood results back today with a level of 16.8 so I have now been booked in to see Ali on Monday at 5 for a screening. :happydance:

If everything is ok I probably would have been able to start this month when AF starts around the 16th but going in holiday on the 23rd June to the 6th July. So will have to wait for my July cycle. It's so exciting to be a part of this when its helped some ladies.

Anyone know what the screening involves? Ali said it would take about 2hrs.

There seems to be quite a few ladies starting in the next couple of months in so eager to start ASAP as Ali told me that they will be stopping it soon when they have enough people. So I'm hoping my holiday won't disadvantage me!

Ah hnfc, I'll be handing him over to you then, I'm in for screening at 3 on Monday!
Ali just said it would be to go through the study, sign consent forms, an ECG, pregnancy test, going through medical history, I think that's!

I'm sure you will be fine re holiday, surely they would rather wait a cycle for you to start than carry out brand new tests on a new person

Wellsk I see you've changed your profile pic and status to pupo I take it the transfer went ahead ? Did u have 2 put back ?

Hnfc and dolly hope your appointments go well .

I've had my scan today and am ready for trigger tonight . Only got about 7 folicals that r ready as none on the left ovary r big enough so just what's in my right one . It's all rush now to get ready to get there on time don't even know what time I've got to b there for waiting for someone to call me .

Just a quick message wishing those luck with their appointments with Ali hope all goes well and you're able to join the trail.

That's great Millie they are absolutely lovely in there you will be taken good care of thinking of you this evening. xxxx

Thanks guys. All went well so due to start with next af, around 27th June. Need co-ordination app but I'm all set for the trial! Woohoo! It HAS to work!

Millie good luck this evening x

Dolly that's great it'll go really quickly bet u can't wait .

I've had kisspeptin and am at the hospital they r really lovely just hope I manage to get some sleep I was up at half 4 this morning to get to me morning appointment went to work for 3 hours and now I'm back again it's been a mad day but hopefully all worth it roll on wed ec .

Congratulations dolly, I am also on the trial I am waiting till after my holiday so should start my injections around the 16th July, :winkwink: Can't wait To start but will be nice to have a relaxing holiday before we go into it. Fingers crossed for us both dolly that we are successful during it.

Keep us updated on your profess.

X

That's meant to say progress! Millie so you've opted to stay in over night, are you having blood tests every half hour tonight? Or have I got that wrong does that happen another stage, sorry alot to take in today. I've opted to stay at that stage too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->