The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

Hnfc that's great u got accepted to it will do u good to have a nice holiday 1st enjoy . Yer it's every half hour till 12 then an hour then every 2 and I can go home at half 8 as they need the room back then . It's not to bad so far they r really nice here it's just me and to female docs . It's nice and quiet

Great news hnfc! Have a great holiday, very jealous!
Millie, hope the night went well and let us know how you get on with ec tomorrow x

Fantastic news Dillyandra and hnfc.

I'm off for et later today as all 5 embryos went to blastocyst. Am anxiously waiting till this afternoon to find out how they are doing and how many made it.

Will update later xxxx

Fingers crossed for you lawreann, will you freeze some if they are good enough?

Thanks. Hopefully we'll freeze some should we have them. Just a waiting game at the moment, (another one), to find out how they are one hurdle after another!!

I know, wait wait wait. At least the trial uses the short protocol, last time I did the long protocol, a lot more waiting!

Hi,

I've been looking into the Hammersmith trial and after a bit of googling you seem to be the most established discussion thread on the internet for it, so I was hoping I could ask you all a few questions.

I've just had a miscarriage and am considering my next options, one of which would be FET with the embryo I've got but I was wondering if I should try this first, while I'm still in the age bracket.

Can you tell me how many trips to Hammersmith are needed, and how much notice you get for them? I imagine you get a few scans during stimms and that's only a couple of days notice. I live near Manchester so it would be a bit of a journey, though I have seen there are people on the thread travelling far and wide so it can be done.

Also, is anyone else using either donor sperm or their DP's frozen? Or is everyone using fresh samples for the ICSI? If anyone is using donor I'd be interested to hear about how you get it, either from the clinic or from a bank.

How long did you have to wait from first contacting them to getting started? Assuming my cycles work out, if I contact them this week, would I be able to cycle in August? I'm off work then and I don't see how I can manage trips to London during work time, not when it would take me completely all day to travel there and back. I could take time off but I took a lot of time with my recent IVF.

I hope you don't mind me jumping in and asking questions but it would be useful to hear from women who are undergoing it, there's only so much the researchers can tell me about the day-to-day bits of it.

Good luck for all of you with your cycles, really hope it works out for you all.

Welcome Burr. So sorry to hear of your miscarriage, I just had a chemical, so only 5 weeks gone following my FET.
I haven't cycled with the trial yet, waiting for AF but from what I understand the scans are on day 6 then every other day until you trigger, normally 2/3 more scans. Others please correct me if I'm wrong.
When was your previous ivf cycle as I think you have to have had 3 cycles before you can do the trial

Sorry I can't be of much help at the moment but I know the other girls who have done it already will be able to be more accurate
Xx

Thanks Dollyandra.

I'm sorry to hear about your chemical, it's horrible when it doesn't work isn't it? I haven't even had a full cycle since my miscarriage so it would probably be quite a wait for me if I was able to do the trial.

I'm just trying to weigh up my options - go for FET, try to egg share somewhere, this trial. I can't afford full IVF so I don't know what to do for the best. I know FET is the most straightforward option but I wanted to look into this trial before it was too late.

I hope your next cycle is successful.

Worth doing the trial then Burr if you can?? Then you could always do the FEt afterwards if it doesn't work out?
Would be worth doing the tests anyway

Hi burr

welcome!! I am so sorry to hear about your m/c. Everyone on the here are lovely.
I am in a similar situation to you and I have decided to go for the kisspeptin first and if it doesn't work out then do a fet. I only have one frostie, although it is a good grade.

I got my bfn in may and was told I can cycle in July. So hopefully you might be able to cycle in Aug.

I would advise you to come for your tests too and you can then decide what you want to do.

Good luck hun xx

Thanks for your reply Tina11. It's hard to know what to do next.

I agree with both of you, I think I should at least get the tests done, I can still do FET first if I decide to, probably best to keep my options open.

I'm not sure if I'd be able to cycle in August, I haven't had even one cycle yet so if they want more than that it would be Sept at least I think.

I think I'll contact the researchers, see what they say. It's such a fantastic opportunity and there's no other research trials at the moment, not that I can see.

Hi ladies, little update from me...... Hubby been in to do his SA this morning and I have to go in at 1 for my screening. Hopefully have his results Friday, I'm feeling a bit anxious as I'm assuming I will be told today wether I'd be accepted or not for definite. I'm due AF the end of next week so fingers crossed I can start then if I'm accepted. It's all so nerve racking but very exciting at the same time!

Burrr, email Ali and get all the details from him anyway. When I first emailed about a month ago he said it was only going to be running for 2-3 months from then so get in quick! They are very good there and will tell you if they think there will be a problem from the start (I'd been told my tubes were blocked but they got me in for a scan anyways and turned out they were not blocked at all). Hopefully, if you explained your situation they will tell you if you would be suitable straight away rather than waiting around. Good luck anyway whatever you decide x

Hi just to keep u posted I had egg collection this morning and unfortunatly they only retrieved 1 egg which I've since had a phone call to say hasn't matured . So that's it for me now as far as the trial goes and wont b having any more attempts at ivf as I can't afford it unless another trial like this comes up again . But at least I'm lucky enought to have my beautiful little boy from our 1st attempt at ivf .

Hoping everyone else has better luck on the trial and all those waiting to get accepted, get on the trial soon .

Oh no Millie, so sorry to hear that. Keep your eye out for more trials though, you never know when they will pop up. Hope your not feeling too crap, Keep your chin up xx

Dollyandra, it went well. I'm ACCEPTED �� I'm all go for next week when the witch is due!! They are trying to get me in for a coordination appointment on Friday otherwise any later and I may not get the medication in time. Ali is really nice, I've only just met him today as my other appointments were with george.

I don't want to get excited, been disappointed so many times over the last 3 years. Fingers are going to be firmly crossed for the next month! X

Did you get your co-ordination appointment dollyandra ? I'm probably going to be about 4-5 days ahead of you now I've looked at my dates properly and assuming the witch comes on time x

Millie- I am so sorry hun, it is heart breaking. Big hugs to you. So happy you have a boy already. I know you still would love to complete your family. You can try naturally.... You never know. And also save up.
How many eggs did you get in your first Ivf treatment? And how many follicles did you have before trigger?

NAD and dollyandra I had my coordination on monday . however I have to wait for another 2 bleeds :0(

Burr- I was going to do my get first but Ali said the trail will end by then so I decided to do it this way round. Good luck with what ever you decide hun

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->