The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

Hi ladies

Just want to say hi to all the newbies. I think they are still recruiting, so you guys should defo see if you are suitable. I think there will be others getting in touch after the media exposure yesterday.

Nadb- I started my AF yesterday but I have to wait till next months. Don't worry hun if you are not sure if you are taking the right things call them up. Good luck with your injections, they really aren't that bad. It is nice for you and your hubby to do them together.

Dollyandra - yes you are right, I had to wait 3 bleeds, this is bleed 2. So I will be starting this time next month...hopefully. Good luck to you hun, hopefully you will start on time.

Afm- 1 month to go, which means there will be a few of you cycling with me next month hopefully.

Good luck everyone!! Is there any one doing acupuncture?

Sorry Nadb, I'll be as quick as I can! The injections really are fine, remember to drink lots of water.

Tina, not long to wait then really, exciting!

X

Just want to say hi to all the newbies. I think they are still recruiting, so you guys should defo see if you are suitable. I think there will be others getting in touch after the media exposure yesterday.
Thanks - I emailed them yesterday before reading the article :haha: I have since read it and noticed this part at the bottom:

"We then want to study it in the high risk group of patients to see if we can reduce the risk to that group."

So hopefully I will qualify for the high risk group as my NHS consultant said that due to my high AMH and polycystic ovaries I am at risk of developing OHSS which is why I would be very interested in this study :flower:

Welcome to the new folk. I understood they were still recruiting.

In terms of tests, you have AMH tested, internal scan to look at ovaries/ uterus, ECG, blood work, HIV. Hep etc. I think some girls had an hsg but I had one about 6 months before. I think tests will depend on what you have been tested for recently.
Oh that is good - I have already had all of those tests performed.

Can I ask how long it took for them to reply to your initial enquiries? Only I have emailed them from my Yahoo email and I know it sometimes gets filtered to spam :dohh:

Hi sereny, I know Ali, who is the main person who responds to emails is currently in San Fran at a medical conference so there might be a delay, he usually is very quick at coming back

Re pcos and hi AMH, I'm sure there was someone on this thread which had the same and was told the next study wouldn't be too far off. If you scroll back from the start of the thread you may see it. Good luck

Lawreann, how you getting on Hun ? X

It does sound so daunting when you start but it really isn't that bad with remembering all the medication, however now I am struggling with having to take pills 3 times a day and the pressaries twice a day all at different times!

I am ok still going crazy and can't wait for blood test results on Saturday. I have been testing since yesterday and have a bfp with cheap tests. Am going to do a clear blue digital one with the prediction of time of being pregnant later this evening. I just hope that it/they stick for the next 8-9 months.ill be happy when I know the betas, but then I bet I'll worry about the next step.

Lots of positive vibes to all those about to start and starting it really is a great trail and you are all well looked after. Xxxxxx

Wow lawreann, that's great news. I know you won't relax until you have bubba in your arms but little step at a time!

Seren - When i called last wk there was only one apt available so i had 2 take it, its at 3pm 2moro and with it being just over a 2hr drive 4 us we r gonna be hitting main traffic but Jo said she had emailed 2 c if they were giving more apts and she said if i wanted 2 call Monday (just gone) 2 c if i could change it but i didnt bother so we can sorted so if i was u i call quickly, especially after the press have been all over the last few days x

Thank u 4 the welcome ladies x

I will probably have 2 have all the tests done as i dont have copies of them, i doubt i will need the HSG as ive read thats more 2 check 4 blocked tubes and i dont have them now so hopefully its just the simples one, I did mail Ali yesterday and he said i may be starting on my next cycle if Dr Carby wants certain tests as my next AF is due on June 30th so may not have time.

They do short protocol only dont they? No down reg just straight 2 stimms? What day of your cycles have u all started from? xx

Lawrean - Thats fab news hunny..huge congrats, will look out later 4 that digi post..xx

Oh one more question.. Sorry 4 bombarding u all with them..

Roughly how many times did u have 2 visit the hospital? x

I'd had all the tests too, literally a few months before but still had to have a few done, think it is a tick boxing thing. Yes they only do short protocol.

Can't help with the visiting hospital as I haven't started drugs yet

Oh one more question.. Sorry 4 bombarding u all with them..

Roughly how many times did u have 2 visit the hospital? x
Once I started treatment I visited for a scan on day 6, 8, 9 and 10 triggered evening of day 10 ec on day 12 and then on day 17 had et. A total of 4scans. Hope this helps.

Also I think you asked about the protocol they use its the short one so no down time. Just get straight into it with stimms, also I started gonal F on day 2 on my cycle.

xxxx

Hi there,

This is the first time i have ever posted on one of these sites although i have stalked them a lot during my 2ww :). I have just made contact with Hammersmith and put myself forward for the trial, i am excited and nervous all at the same time. Keeping my fingers crossed that they are still taking people on but also a bit worried that i am slightly over the BMI criteria they set. I am now dieting like crazy to lose the few pounds needed to meet it.

How have you ladies found it and has the success rate been good?

x

Ha ha dolly! Make sure you do!

Tina, you probably did already say that as it rings a bell now. your not too far behind though!

All my tests were redone over the last week to ten days. They have done everything really quick. That includes the SA for my husband. Meds arrived today too so for me it's been super quick x

Hi littleone, and welcome!
Last Friday Ali said there was 3-4 places left so hopefully you can get on the trial.
I know they are strict within their numbers though. My amh just made it. I was .4 over the minimum requirement. I wouldn't have been accepted if it was under 10!
I know it's not fun to diet but it's so very worth it! I was a smoker and went cold turkey for this so I kinda know where your coming from. You can do it ;-)

X

Good luck x

Wow only 3-4 places thats not many at all..... scared I'll be too late now :-(
Thanks for the info thats really helpful.

Keep everything crossed for me. I had to email someone called Georgios.....

Hi littleone, George is really nice too, he's from the ivf side of the research team. Fingers crossed you guys get accepted!

Yes George is really nice. That's who I see too along with Ali. Good luck x

Hi Littleone and Welcome, im a newbie 2, only joined yesterday, we have our apt at hammersmith 2moro with hopes we r accepted.

When do u find out if ur accepted? whats the process? I will stop with the questions after 2moro lol.

Im feeling very excited and nervous and just want 2moro over with so i know whats happening.

Littleone have u made an apt yet? x

I have just made contact with Hammersmith and put myself forward for the trial, i am excited and nervous all at the same time.
x
Can I ask how you contacted them? I sent an email to the address in the link (it's a generic kisspeptin_ivf@hammersmith one) but haven't had any reply. Did you email or phone? If you emailed can I ask what address you used? Thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->