The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

12 eggs retrieved, fingers crossed the kisspeptin matured them and that they fertilise!

Wow 12 eggs sounds promising!!

I got my medication delivered yesterday! God there's so much of it! Now just a waiting game!!

Let us know how you get on dolly.

X

Dollyandra- that's a good number!! Hope your had good news today xx

Hnfc- I'm in the waiting game with you. I am due to start next week as long AF arrives on time xx

Thanks ladies, stupidly I was a little disappointed as got 17 on my last cycle but maybe these are better quality!

I had the call this morning and 9 fertilised which I was pleased with. Next call will be Saturday morning to see how they are doing. I'm really hoping for a 5 day transfer again as I have a wedding on Saturday which I would have to miss!

Hnfc, I know, there are so many drugs, I like how they are optimistic that you will need the full 12 week support!

Dollyandra that's amazing news. Last time I had 22 eggs 20 mature and only 10 fertilise. So your numbers are great. :0)

Xx

Hi ladies, I'm brand new here and having read all your wonderful and inspiring posts i thought I'd see if i could join you all :winkwink:

My husband and i have our first appointment with Dr Carby next Thursday 18th July after e-mailing Ali for the last few weeks. I'm super excited but probably more scared in case we do not get accepted onto the trial, after so many disappointments we'd promised ourselves a break however with such an amazing chance, we couldn't let it slip through our fingers without at least giving it a shot!

We have been TTC for 4 and half years, we were told we had unexplained infertility, however i was told in March i had endometriosis for which i was treated for in March through a lap. We had a successful IUI but miscarried at 7 weeks and then a successful IVF but miscarried at 5 weeks. Following this a frozen transfer that didn't work at all :nope: I'm praying like everyone we are given this chance as we cannot afford IVF. We have a long journey for the appointment, what should i expect at our first meeting? Are you given an indication then whether you may be accepted or do you have to wait a while? Any help thoughts would be so appreciated. Sending lots of good wishes to all who is going through it x

Welcome slday!
Sorry to hear of your miscarriages, you're showing so much strength.
Exciting you got your app, I didn't see dr carby, my first app was an internal scan and lots of blood tests, before they go any further they will want to know your AMH levels, you have to wait a week for those tesults. They told me my scan was fine for the trial at the time. Once my AMH levels were back I had screening app with Ali, basically a mini medical and that was it! I know it has differed from person to person apart from the AMH blood test.
Good luck for Thursday and do let us know how you get on x

Thank you so much for the info! Did you get your call this morning? How are your embryos doing? You must be so excited! Dr Carbys secretary has requested some info from my previous fertility clinic, i think it's to get the background on my current fertility status, my previous clinic have asked for £50 before they will release the info and the lady that sends it is away now untill after our appointment so it won't be ready in time for Dr Carby on Thursday - i'm hoping this won't go against us?? What's a good AMH number for the trial? I'm 34yrs old. God it's like the most important test of my life again :) I will definitely let you know how the appointment goes.

Hi Ladies

so AF arrived today meaning I start injections tomorrow luckily my husband is going to work normal time tomorrow so he can help with the first one a little nervous.

Tina when are you due to start?

Dolly how did your news go have any matured? so close now. bet your so excitied apart form the dreaded 2 week wait.

slday Dr Carby is really nice she will talk to you about your history then she will get you to have a blood test and possible an scan. to see if your eligible. I think your AMH levels have to be between 10 and 40. hope it goes well let us know.

Hi, yes got the call. We still had 8 going strong yesterday morning so going to 5 day transfer tomorrow. I'm hopin we have enough to have two in and to freeze some, fingers crossed

Excellent news hnfc, the injections, especially gonal f are really fine x

Fingers crossed for you dolly, you've got a fantastic amount of embryos to work with! Are you freezing any? How many are you having out back?
I only had 3 embryos, had 2 put back. And the last one wasn't good enough to freeze anyway.

Don't worry Hnfc, the injections are really easy... Just try to relax when you do it, I'm sure you'll have no problem :)

Welcome siday :)

If we can we would like two put back and freeze two ideally. That's what we were lucky enough to have last time but I started with more eggs so we shall see

Slday, forgot to say, I'm also 34 and my AMH level was 18.6 so us old folk still have good levels!

I don't think you'll have any problems with having two back, I was worried they'd say no to me, but they just warned us of the risk of multiples and got us to sign to say we understood :thumbup:

I'm only 22, but I have AMH levels of 16. :thumbup:

Hnfc- wow you are starting tomorrow, you must be very excited. My AF is due on Thursday so not too far behind you....that is if it arrives on time.
As the others said the injections are really not too bad. You will be just fine.

Dollyandra- that is fantastic news. Blast transfer!! :0) hopefully you will have some to freeze.

Siday- welcome. I am sure you will be fine. Everyone is very nice at Hammersmith.

Wellsk- how are you doing sweetie?

Yeah it's all go now! In so excited but don't want to get my hope up too much! I just want this month to go quickly did anyone suffer side effects From the injections?

Wellsk how's it all going? how far gone are you now? Are you back at your local hospital now?

Tina not long now then only 4/5 days! Fingers crossed for you it comes on time try not to think about it!

Let us know slday how you get on my Amh level was something like 15/16 as well.

X

Thanks Tina, Hnfc :hugs:
I'm really well thanks. Had a scary time last week as I had a big loss of blood randomly. Rushed to hospital only to find everything was completely normal and baby was fine. The doctors thought it might be something to do with the other embryo leaving... So it might be something for everyone to bear in mind that might happen to them? :thumbup:
I have nausea pretty much everyday and cramping, but I don't mind... I'm just so so happy to finally be expecting! Hopefully it'll be the same for everyone else very soon! :)

Hnfc, yes, I was discharged from hammersmith after my 6 week scan, and I have my first midwife appointment in Coventry this week :)

Wellsk - I am soooo glad everything g is going well. It was defiantly work all those trips from coventry.

Hnfc- yeah not long to go for me but my AF was 2 weeks late last month. So have no idea when it will decide to come this time. And I have booked time off work bases on the 18th. So I will be stuck if it comes too late.

Don't worry hopefully you should get in no problem. Where do you live? Xx

Hello ladies, I thought I would join your thread I hope you dont mind! I have been taking to Ali on emails last week about the trial and he said to call today for an appointment they want to see me on 25th, what can I expect from the first appointment and how long did it take for you to find out you are accepted. My amh is 29 and I have had lots of tests already done as I was going to be an egg sharer but that fell through last minute..

After you are taken onto the programme is there a waiting list for treatment or is it pretty fast?

Good luck to you all xxx

hi I did it.... first day done I was a little worried but now I have done it its fine. didn't even hurt so I feel much more confident i'm sure I will have a wobble again when it comes to the second injection....

lamara.foster welcome to the group, once you have the appointment with dr carby she goes through all the initial requirements and looks at your background test results etc so it is handy if you take wit you any that you have had previously. if she feels that you are eligible for the trial then you will have to book in Ali (he can be available quickly I got mine the next day after I found out I was eligible) to have a small medical where he goes through the trial in more detail, he also does an ECG, BMI, and asks you medical history. After that then you can book in for a coordination appointment with the nurse which again they can do quickly. The drugs/injections then take 48 hrs to be delivered, you can normally start when your next AF arrives as you have to start on the second day. so it is really quick. I went to see Ali in June and I have just started I would have started injections last month but was on holiday so wasn't available for scans etc so had to delay it a month.

wellsk - I bet every move and feeling gets you worried im sure if we are successful we will all be feeling the same its just natural after going through all this.

tina - I know sods law it will be late, it always happens to me too im so surprised that for once mine was on time.

dollyandra - how did it go today is it transfer day for you? how are you feeling? have you taken time off to relax or are you planning to just go about your normal routine? Wellsk what did you do? relax or carry on as normal you hear so many conflicting stories?

hope everyone is well
x

Hey thanks for all the info, it sounds like they really push things fast there! Thats reassuring that they dont take months to contact you. I am so nervous that they will not take me on the trial just because I seem to have a problem at every clinic I go to. I am looking forward to the appointment. If Dr Carby doesnt think I am suitable would she tell me there and then or contact me later. I dont want it to be a wasted journey if you get what I mean. Is there anything you have to pay for?

How are the injections? Do they make you feel ill or moody like a period? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->