The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

Hi I just got the phone call so out of 13 that where collected, 12 where suitable, 10 fertilised they said they will call me on Monday to tell me if transfer is Monday afternoon or Wednesday.

So again just waiting but so happy that 10 fertilised a good result!.

Holly

Hi holly

Congrats on you 10 embries!!! That is an amazing number. Hopefully you I'll go to blast :0)

Afm- had my day 5 scan today. I have about 5-6 follicles on each ovary. Have to go back on Monday.
Am starting cetritide today, cnt remember how to inject and make it up. Any tips ladies xx

Siday - hopefully you here from Ali on Monday. It took a while for my results to come too. So don't worry.

To take the Cetrotide. Simply screw the first needle into the syringe filled with fluid. And jab it into the rubber top of the little bottle of powder. Shake it up until the fluid is clear and suck it back up into the the syringe.
Exchange the needle for the little one and inject as you would the gonal :thumbup:

Brilliant number of embies holly, are you going to freeze any?

Thanks wellsk- hope everything is going well with the pregnancy.

Hopefully I will be you in a few months

Xx

Yes, I injected into my stomach for both the gonal and Cetrotide. :thumbup:

Hi Tina,

Make sure you use the bigger needle for mixing up and the smaller one for injecting! In your purple bag or in the packet there should be instructions. I did it in my stomach! It was a bit ichy afterwards and would sometimes come up with a red lump but wasnt too bad!

Yes hopefully if there are some that are frizz able I think we will as we could use them for a next cycle instead of waiting on the waiting list for nhs funding if we need it!

Just want tomorrow to pass now so I know how many have made it!.

Thanks girls for the advise :0)

I did it!! The needle was quite long wasn't it? Did you insert it I fully at 90 degrees? Also only 8 boxes so do we only have to do that for 8 days?

Hnfc-try not to worry, they will be fine. You have 10 that is an amazing number. I think they charge 850 to freeze.
Are you having 2 embries put back?

Xx

Yes having two put back defenatly, I know it's a great number just can't wait for that phone call on Monday, yeah it is something like that but then if I end up having to pay for another cycle it is £1100 instead of £4500 so I think it's worth it and much more manageable I know that's without the drugs but still would be alot cheaper.

I only got that many boxes as well I messed two up as dropped one and my OH squirted loads out when trying to get the air bubble out the only and last time he helped haha!!

I only had to do the evening one Friday through to Tuesday so only 5 days then on the 6th shot I had trigger shot!

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to let you all know i'm not been accepted onto the trial :-( I'm absolutely devestated and just want to give up on everything now. Ali said last night

"Your AMH was 27 pmol/l which is fine for the study, however your ultrasound scan had evidence of endometriosis in both ovaries and difficult access. I understand the IVF doctors would usually recommend a long protocol to more fully suppress your endometriosis rather than the short protocol used in the current study.
Therefore unfortunately you are not eligible for the current study,
however wish you the very best of luck with this in future,

Can't believe it's all over - Dr Carby seemed so positive at the meeting, she knew about my endo too so would have expected a few end cysts and there were only two! I haven't even been advised about the next trial :-( It's ran true to course though - bad news all the way, always has been and always will be :-( Hope all you ladies do really well and get your BFP's soon. Thanks for your support xx

Siday I am very sorry hun. Its not over you should never give up on what your want.

You can see if the NHS will fund you? And save up?

Don't let this bring you down

Xx

I'm so sorry slday I really am. I hope you don't give up. There are other options what about egg sharing? Your Amh is definitely high enough for that. Xxx

I am so sorry to hear that slday! I hope the NHS will fund you and you get your bfp very soon!

Have you had any news yet Lamara? xx

Hi April no news yet I'm afraid. I can't wait to find out though I just worry about my karyotyping I hope it's not going to hold me back. Only a few days for you bet you're getting tired of waiting too. Xxx

Fingers crossed it wont hold you back hun.

I've been ok about the waiting, just happy to be able to have the initial appointment. Worried now tho as I previously was treated for endo when I had my ovaries drilled, so hope it hasnt returned. xx

Oh no I am so sorry to hear that hun! Big hugs. What are your options now? xx

None. I'm out. I don't have thousands of pounds savings its ridiculous the amount it costs. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->