The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

Mud5- welcome my dear. Yes Ali is really lovely, you will really like him. So does that mean you have been accepted? If so that is amazing news.
This is Ivf 2 for me and as wellsk said its not too bad. The worst bit was when I got my bfn, but I am glad to have this opportunity.

Afm- had my ec today, and managed to get 11 eggs of which 9 were mature. So now waiting for tomorrow to see how many fertilised.

Hnfc- I think wed is good to test hun. Am praying you get your bfp .

Great news Tina! Awesome amount! :)
Are you going to freeze any?

Yes if we have any to freeze we will do :0)

Did you? How many eggs did you get? And what day transfer did you do?

Thanks hun xx

No I didn't have any to freeze :nope:
I guess we couldn't have known as we'd never done IVF before. I stimmed really well, etc.
But when I had EC done, I only had 5 eggs and only 3 fertilised. I had 2 put back, and the other was really bad quality.

I had my transfer done at day 5 though. They originally tried at day 3, but for some strange reason I was having bleeding :shrug:

So bit of a rollercoaster, but worked out in the end! :)

Great news about your eggs Tina!
Well I had appointment with Ali and the co-ordination nurse too in the end. As i'm expecting af in the next few days they are trying to get the drugs to me to start this week! Can't really believe this is happening i think i feel more stressed than happy as its all happened so quickly! I now have to read all the stuff and try and feel ready in a matter of hours!!! aaaahhh! I'm scared about the injections. The first one I should be ok with as its like an epipen but the second one I'm not looking forward too. I'm totally all over the place at the moment! any advice would be greatly appreciated! Do we have to diet differently? anything extra i should eat/drink/take? I'll prob post loads more questions when i can think straight!
x

My cycle was exactly the same as yours mud, I had my appointment with Ali on the Monday and started my AF on the Wednesday. The first day of injections was the day I was taught how to do the injections.

Don't be frightened of the injections. Both are really easy! They tell you how to do them, and as long as you try to relax yourself before hand they really do not hurt. I always did mine into my stomach as it was easy.

I kept my diet the same as previous. Which was healthy, low caffeine. And just take your standard pre-natals :)

hi ladies

mud
as wellsk said i didnt change things too much but a balanced diet with lots of protein. also drink lots of water during treatment.

I have been drinking milk but there is also information saying not to so up to you.
argc (advise 1 litre a day) - they have amazing success rates so i just followed it- although i didnt manage that much.

AFM- 7/9 fertilised :happydance::happydance: so am happy. will have to wait till thursday to hear when transfer is

Hi ladies,

Mud that's great news welcome on board!

Tina yay would you like 3 day or 5 day transfer I had 5 day transfer on day 3 still had 9 going strong by day 5 had two clear embryos that where better than the rest then none suitable for freezing good luck with your little eggs they'll be out of boarding school soon and back where they belong! (One of my friends said his to me! Lol)

I took a test this morning at 6dp5dt :bfn: cried all the way to work! I know this doesn't mean it hasn't worked as there's lots of people who don't get :bfp: till later on still its the first time I've felt really down and lost hope! Wish I hadn't tested now! Fingers crossed it will still work! Any thoughts?

Awesome news Tina :) hopefully one (or two!) of those embies will be your future LO! :)
Like Hnfc said, they tend to see if 2 of the embryos really show to be the better ones, and if they are then they'll usually do transfer at day 3, but if they're all progressing well, they'll wait till day 5.

I'm really sorry to hear about your BFN Hnfc, but you're definitely not out yet! :hugs:
Fingers crossed its just that your HCG is a slow riser!

Hello ladies, I was just having a spare moment so thought I'd catch up.
Tina, great number of embryos for you to work with!
Hnfc, way to early to lose hope, 6dp5dt is very early, fingers crossed for you guys

Good luck to others who are just about to start, it will fly by!

hnfc- hun stay positive it is early days yet. praying you get your bfp. you still have 5 days till otd right?

wellsk and hnfc- i will like a day 5 transfer if possible, however last time we had a perfect blast but it failed to implant :cry:
hopefully this time will be different. i will have 2 put back.

Dollyandra- how are you hun? i hope you are ok now, i know how hard it is to get a bfn big :hugs::hugs: to you. have missed you on here.

xxxx

Thanks Tina, I'm ok thank you. Have review app with dr carby on Friday, have scaped myself up and am looking forward to the next cycle.
I really hope it works out for you this time, I'll be looking out x

Hello to all of you ladies going threw this amazing opportunity). I have just had my first appointment with Dr carby on 1st August. I am so nervous that I will not get on the trial. Fingers crossed for my answer tomorrow. A bit about myself, I'm 29yrs I've had blocked fallopian tubes for 6yrs now and can't get funded threw NHS as I have a previous child. My partner of 7yrs is gutted that we can't have a child together and myself.

Hi syma

Try not to worry, I am sure you will get in!! When are they getting back to you?

keep us informed. The good thing is if you get accepted you can start quite soon.

Xx

Hi Tina, Ali just got back to me and said my AMH is 47.2/pmol which he said was fine. Although probably more consistent with pco, so he said he will check with dc Carby and let me know. I'm gutted that I might have to wait for the next trial. And he said he will arrange for a screening visit for me whatever that means. I feel left unsure. Is there anyone else getting results about being on the trial?

Welcome syma, try not to stress about your AMH levels, even if they are consistent with PCOS; the trial (as far as I'm aware) if due to start very soon. So you won't have to wait too long :)

Plus compared to some of the waiting times on the NHS, it's no time at all :thumbup:

Where about's are you from?

Hi syma. I also went on 1st August and await my results. Did u email Ali?

If I'm lucky ill b on the next trial as have pco. Hopefully it shouldn't be that long till it starts, but will be quicker than saving up for private IVF, which is taking me ages. xx

Thanks wellsk,

I live in South London, so not to far.
The new trial I hope is round the corner. I've waited years so I can wait a month or so lol.

Congratulations with your pregnancy there's no better feeling.
I will keep you posted. X

Ahh, that's great! Not too far at all then :)
Once the trial starts, you'll start really quickly, they really don't mess around! :)

Thank you :) I am one of the very lucky ones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->