The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

Hi everyone,

Welcome everyone who is new hope you have a good experience and get your Posiives,

I had my beta today and it was negative so I'm out, now to find out how to join the nhs waiting list fingers crossed it isn't too much of a wait goig to call them tomorrow. and hopefully one day we will get there.

Good luck everybody.

Thanks very much been good to have people going through the same thing.

Holly

Syma - did ali's email say you were accepted?

Holly - sorry to hear ur news. Still new to all these terms, is beta a blood test and wat is it checking? Least ur able to get a chance on the NHS, fingers crossed its not too long to wait xx

Hnfc, I'm so sorry :hugs:
Fingers crossed your NHS round will be much more successful :hugs: :flower:

Holly, really sorry to hear it didn't work out for you, hopefully your next cycle won't be too far away. Good luck with everything x

Holly sorry to hear your news, hope things get better soon.

Hi April Ali said to email him in a month to sign forms ect for the upcoming study, so I'm guessing I'm on the new trial. But will keep you posted. :thumbup:

Sorry to hear your news hnfc. Hope you get on the NHS waiting list and get your BFP soon x

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone was given any advice on diet etc during their cycle? I had my coordination appointment last week but think I was too overwhelmed with everything else and forgot to ask! I generally have a pretty healthy diet and have cut out caffeine and alcohol but I've read on other forums that some clinics advise lots of protein and milk so just wondered if anyone had any tips? Also, did anyone try acupuncture or anything during their cycle? Thanks :)

I think the advice for diet is pretty sketchy to be honest with you! Someone told me to cut down on dairy!? :shrug:
I would just go with your normal healthy diet. I cut down on caffeine and no alcohol. The only other thing I avoided was soy, it might be totally wrong but I was just worried about the estrogen enhancing ingredients in it.

So many people get pregnant everyday, eating and drinking whatever. So I thought that it wasn't going to harm my chances.

I think I asked Ali if there was anything I could do to improve our chances, and I'm confident he said 'no'. :thumbup:

holly - i am sorry to hear that you got a bfn :hugs:
i know how it feels sweetie, promise that you will feel better xxx hopefully you won't have to wait too long for your nhs cycle and get your BFP

suziebell- i tried to eat healthy and increase amount of protein. drink lots of water and milk. I did get acupunture this time too.

AFM- i had my et on sat. had 2 blasts transferred. so fingers crossed. I managed to get a frostie too. This 2ww is going to drag

xxxx

Thanks wellsk and tina - looks like non-obsessive healthy eating is the way forward!

Tina, do you think the acupuncture helped? I've never had any before but heard its really relaxing and makes you feel great after! How often do you go?

hi suziebell

I started after my last cycle which was a BFN,which was about 3 months ago.
i started having it once a week. then during treatment 2x a week.

I find its quite relaxing but i would much prefer a massage. lol

I can not tell you if it helped will know next week lol, but i am sure it did do something.

It is quite expensive though, but we though we would ry it this time round.

The most important session is before and after transfer so even if you dnt do too many sessions get them in.

good luck hun

Hey ladies,

Hope all is well?
Had my beta done yesterday 14dpt, got a positive and hcg was 2264, which is meant to be very good. Looking forward to the scan now in two weeks.

Good luck to all with the trails, time flys when it starts.

Stacey

Hi ladies
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Well things for me did not go to plan. Was expecting af although just before it arrived I was very ill and ended up in hospital for the day as I was too dehydrated! Not good. I got all upset and said I was due to start a round of IVF in a couple of days and that a nurse had said I would be unlikely to be able to do it. They advised if it was ok with Ali then I should start next cycle instead so I have time to recover. Ali was very understanding and brilliant as ever and I will be starting next cycle! Got the drugs so i'm ready to go when next af arrives. In a way this has given me more time to feel prepared and ready and (due to easing up on ttc in the last couple of months and doing what I wanted) I can now get my diet (and appetite first after illness!) back on track. So all in all feeling ok again. Was having a bit of a wobble when I last posted.

Wellsk - I saw earlier you said hope we didn't mind you staying on here. Personally I don't, you've been so helpful please don't leave!!

Holly - sorry to hear you news. Good luck on your future decisions. Hugs

Stacey - congrats on your bfp great news!

Syma and April - Hi hope the wait isn't too long for the next trial to start.

Suziebelle - Hi when are you expecting af? due to my issues you'll prob start before me now but we won't be far apart which is nice to know. We must be the last people accepted.

xx

I'm sorry to hear you've been so unwell! I hope that you've made a full recovery?
Fingers crossed for your cycle! Hopefully being prepared will help :flower:

Thanks so much Hun, I know some ladies find it difficult seeing pregnant women in TTC boards, and literally this is the only one I've stayed on. I hope that I help! And also I hope I give a bit of hope to those starting their cycle that the Kisspeptin can and does work :)

Congrats Sajam!

I hope everyone else is doing well :flower:

Yes almost back to myself now thanks.
Usually it would be hard but I suppose i feel differently knowing you got there the same way i'm trying to! It does give me hope and every now and then I allow myself to get a little excited!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"