The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

It'll probably be quite accurate Hun, I think mine was either the 25th or 27th, and my EDD is the 25th :)
When is your scan?

Hello all

Welcome Anna, nice to see more people here.

Susiebelle You sound the same as me, i'll be too scared to test early too! but my fingers are crossed for you!

AFM... I have done all of my injections now. I was really scared but it wasn't too bad. The gonal was easy but I din't like the cetrotide, that was painful. I had the kisspeptin trigger last night and going for EC tomorrow morning. Will update afterwards. Not looking forward to the bullets but might take the front option.. sorry if tmi... Anyone have any side effects from those or the tablets?

xx

Ooh, good luck for today Mud!!! Will be thinking about you and hoping they catch loads of lovely eggs :thumbup:

I've always used the backdoor for the bullets but this is because I read they can irritate your cervix and cause bleeding and I wanted to be sure that any spotting etc wasn't due to the pessaries. I think it's also less messy but there definitely is the ick factor! Everyone's different though and it's just what you feel most comfortable with. As for side effects, I've had bloating, spotting, cramps, backache, headaches, nausea.... but I guess only time will tell if these are due to the added hormones, impending AF or *whispers*.... pregnancy!

Hi all,

Just to let you know I'm still waiting for the new trial to start, it's driving me crazy. I've emailed Ali and he keeps saying that they are waiting for approvals to come threw.

In between that I've had to watch so many friends and family enjoying the births of there babies,and I so want to be going threw the same happiness.

It's been a stressful few weeks for me and my partner.
But I will keep you all posted. :winkwink:

Hey Syma I am still waiting also, when did you last email Ali. I sent one about 2-3 weeks ago and he said to email him back in a few weeks so was hoping to email him next week and get an appointment booked in

Feel the same with everyone around me getting pregnant or having babies. Just so fed up now feel like giving up haven't felt like this at all in the 2 and half years of trying but I do now. Sorry bout the rant lol

Hi 3Wishes,

I emailed Ali about a week ago, an still the same answer. But hopefully not to long now.

I'm not gonna email until 3weeks, not see what happens. Fingers crossed xxx

3Wishes, stay strong cos your not alone even though it seems like u might be.

I get how your feeling :hugs:

Hi,

I have been TTC to 2 years and started treatment at Hammersmith 9 months ago (clomid did not stimulate my eggs at all and over responded to gonal f so had 2 cycles cancelled. Refused trigger and then did not even ovulate on my own!)

I have PCO and at my last clinic appointment was told I was not eligible for the kisspeptin trials for this reason (I very rarely have a cycle). This Thursday I was very excited to receive an email from George saying I may be considered for the new trials starting end of October/beginning of November and inviting me in Monday to discuss. I have loved reading this forum for the success stories and hope to find other pcoers starting the trials at the same time as me. Good luck everyone xxx

Hey I'm meant to be emailing Ali in a couple of weeks time. Hopefully everything will have been approved by then and we can start this trial. Fingers crossed its like what JJ1983 says and in oct/nov! xx

Hi all, We are still waiting for the new trial too. I really hope it starts soon as im wishing the weeks away!

Hi All

Thought I needed to update....
So I had my egg collection 8 eggs, 7 mature, 7 fertilised.
I had 2 embryo's put in 5dt.
The 2ww was so stressful, i don't know why they tell you to relax!
I was also told not to do a urine test which was so hard and had to go straight for the blood test.

BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My HCG levels were low so had to go for another blood test 48 hours later but my levels were fine and on the way up! I was so worried for a while as its my first pregnancy and i've been symptom spotting like a mad woman! (I really should stop googling!!) I really hope it goes ok and I've wanted it so long I wake up everyday wondering if i'm still pregnant.
So 6 week scan next week and I wish it was sooner!
I'm so glad the kisspeptin works and hopefully will be widely used in future.

Good luck to all you ladies on the PCOS trial I really hope it works just as well for you.

I hope no-one will mind me hanging around on here and checking in every now and then to see how you are all getting on?

Susiebelle... how are you lovely? haven't seen you on here for a while x

x

I'm still waiting to find out if I've been accepted to take part in the pco trials. Had all my tests. Anyone else find out if they've been accepted yet?

Congratulations on your bfp Mud5, great news :)

JJ1983, i spoke to Ali on sunday and he said they were due to get approval to start screening this week but asked me to email Dr Christopoulos to get an updated blood test and ultrasound. We had amh etc done in April for the first trial but im still waiting to hear back with an appointment.

Fantastic news mud! Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months. Having the scans is amazing, despite being nerve-wracking.
Try not to worry about what your symptoms are compared with others and if something does always seem right, as it often works out in the end!

I had lots of spotting at the start of my pregnancy, had the 6 week scan which was perfect. Then had a massive bleed at 7 weeks and baby was measuring no bigger than before. Absolutely terrified me, thinking I would lose her. But now I'm halfway! :cloud9:

To those who are waiting for your study to start, it's frustrating but it'll be worth it in the end! It happens so fast once it starts! From being told I was accepted to getting my BFP was less than 5 weeks! :flower: :hugs:

Thanks Mossops and congrats wellsk and mud5!

I emailed George and am waiting for him to re

Oops submitted before I finished! Meant to say am waiting for a reply but am so inpatient!

Thanks wellsk, its great hearing from people that have been through it and understand it.

JJ1983,im exactly the same. I keep checking my email every five minutes hoping for news!. Ive never had to email George before its always been Ali and hes so quick to respond.

George is lovely and explains things really well. He usually takes a day to respond so hopefully he'll get back to me tomorrow. I've not heard of Ali before. Mossops, will you be having standard ivf soon if you aren't able to do the trials? I am hoping to x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->