The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

The ultrasounds are also before 9am. So depending on how I got there, be it bus or driving. Be prepared to travel at like 5am just to go for 15 minutes.

I found Megabus to be very reasonable! Also don't forget to factor in that it costs around £7 for an underground ticket. :thumbup:

But don't forget, private IVF costs thousands, so a couple of hundred pounds to travel to London regularly is 100% worth it! :)

I love that they say 'you've got time'... We cannot have children naturally, ever! Whether that's right now or in 20+ years time. And right now, I'm fit and healthy and IVF has a high chance of being successful (about 35% I think), why should I wait until a point where my chance is lower than 10%/5%/0.5%?!

9am!!! gosh couldn't it been any erlia! well that just means getting up at 5 am. whats the megabus? i wish they would give us fixed dates so then at least i can book train tickets in advance.. it cost us £40 for both me and my hubby to get to london and back to birmingham with the underground pass whch i thought wasn't bad thats £20 each.pretty reasonable but we lefta t like 11am and then our train returned to bham at 11pm..ridiculus times

Thanks for the information wellsk, now I'm prepared for some early starts! Its great to hear that kisspeptin IVF really works. Just a question on the protocol - I know its a short protocol they are using for stimms, but do they do norethisterone or the combined pill for the cycle before starting or not? Just trying to figure it out with regard to timings etc.

mossops you must have been the couple that saw George before me then. I was there at just before 3pm - me and DH were sitting on the sofa immediately on the right when you walk through the door into the waiting room. George came through and took a couple through at about 3.15pm I'm guessing that was you? Then he saw me after and then another lady who was there on her own who I got chatting to.

Megabus is the cheaper version of National Express buses... So much cheaper than getting the train! I only got the train once, it would've cost more like £1000 if I'd had too!

By the way you'll only need your hubby to go with you for the egg collection and the screening. It's probably easier and cheaper to go alone. Once you've gone once it's easy!

Dale, as you said its short protocol, and no, they don't use any BC or drugs, just the start of your natural cycle... Once your cycle starts on day 2 or 3 you'll start taking Gonal F, then about 5 days later you start the Cetrotide in the evening... Then you go like that having ultrasounds for about a week or so until your follicles are mature. Then you have the trigger, followed by egg collection 36hr later. Then you have one or two put back 3 or 5 days later. That's my experience anyway! I'm assuming it'll be the same for you! :thumbup:

By the way, if you have any questions, feel free to PM anytime, and I'll try to help if I can :flower:

Another couple of things worth mentioning....
You'll need to stay overnight in London the night before the egg collection, but they wil remburse you thus money... While I was there, Ali signed off the full amount of rembursement, which I think £100 per treatment, so that covered the hotel and a small proportion of travel money.

They will also ask if you want to stay in hospital overnight the night of the trigger, if not, you will need to come back at about 7am to have your blood taken. I stayed overnight in the hospital, and they take bloods every 15 minutes to an hour. :thumbup:

A few weeks back i asked ali about the overnight stay and he
Said they wernt doing that anymore..im going to check out mega
Bus.id probably start going alone if the hubby is needed
On all the visitš.

Your husband will only need to be there for the screening and egg collection... That's literally it!

Oh right! I didn't know that about the overnight stays. I'm assuming that's just the hospital one and not the one in the hotel prior to EC? They must've got all the data they needed to show the natural (or not) LH surge :thumbup:

That must have been us Dale,we were sitting at the table on the far side to begin with, I remember a couple on the sofa. It's nice to have people to talk to on here that are going through the same things :)

Wellsk how did you decide how many eggs to put back, was it dependant on what day the eggs we're put back?. We want best chance of bfp but the risk of a twin pregnancy worries me slightly.

Mossops, I was excited by the concept if twins, and wanted the to get the best chance possible of getting pregnant. So I had 2 embryos put back.

I only had 3 viable embryos, one of which was really poor quality. So there was no point in attempting to freeze any, so having 2 put back was the logical answer.

They'll ask you on the day, as long as you have two viable embryos, whether you want one or two. And it's entirely up to you. If you're really terrified if twins, then go with one. Although for me, potentially if I hadn't had the 2, I wouldn't be pregnant now :shrug:

Thank you Wellsk, im not worried by the prospect of twins,more worried about the pregnancy being higher risk. I think we will have to think hard about what to do as we dont want to lessen chance of bfp.

Shorty i have two boys from a previous relationship so twins would make our household very full haha. Saying that though we would be estatic to be pregnant wether single or multiple!

Í think with kisspeptin the chances of multiple birth
Is much lower than traditional ivf but there is nothing
That i want more than a healthy pair of twins boy and girl!

aww it would be nice to have one of each. I really dont mind if we have a girl or boy, like you said i just want a healthy baby.

Has anyone been booked in next week for screening yet? Ive had my scan/AMH done already.

Ali said it would be w/c 21st Oct.

Sadly no news about the screening so far im trying to be patient and not to go harassing george or ali about it!.my period has started today I just hope by my next period we should be starting the trial even though im not looking forward to the injections:nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->