The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

The injections are super easy and mostly pain free. Particularly the Gonal F ones, as it comes in a handy little pen pump :thumbup:
The Cetrotide are a little more difficult and are likr thr standard syringe version you would typically imagine. They sting a little after you've done them. But after the first couple of goes its easy. You just havr to get psyched up and focus on your end goal. I much prefer injecting myself than having someone (even the doctors) do it!

it's rally getting me down that the clinic doesn't keep in contact much, i mean its now two weeks that iv had my amh and bloods done and i have been told that i have been accepted and they just had to get the paperwork and forms ready and they will keep in touch via email about research screen and the coordination visit but no email as of yet.i feel like a pain to email george or ali to ask whats going on and neither have replied:nope: i was told we would be starting in few weeks at the start of novemebr but seems like thats never going to happen:cry:

I'm surprised no one has emailed you back. They're usually really good! Hsve you thought about ringing the clinic and asking if they can contact you?

They could still be waiting for confirmation that the trial can go ahead, ethical approval is a nightmare!

It appears that everyone is in the same position at the minute. So I wouldn't start panicking just yet :hugs:

:cry:yeah its been over two weeks and no reply after numeorus emails iv sent.i just think i got excited for nothing when i was told im accepeted and now i don't know whats going on like there giving us false hope by telling everyone we would be starting the process start of november but then not even keeping in contact.Ali was very good at replying to emails he used to repoly back like in half hour but ever since i have gone for my bloods and scan there is no sign of him:nope: i do understand they all pretty busy but surely thay can't leave a bunch of women hanging waiting for a response

excuse me guys if im depressing everyone but i think im getting over emotional as im on my period.my apologies

Perhaps he's on holiday or something?
If you've been accepted, you've been accepted. Just try not to panic, I'm sure they will be in touch soon :)

Shorty786 - i feel your pain. Ive had my AMH done which was ok (41.8) and George was happy with my scan... he said i was an idea candidate, but wasnt told ive been accepted.

The last email I had from Ali was last Tuesday to say screening will be w/c21st Oct - just a waiting game... im rubbish at waiting too.

Ive had a NHS round and frozen round at Hammersmith - so i if can help with any questions, please ask. x

My amh was 50 and george said im eleigible for the trial and he was just going to get some paperwork ready for me then we should start in few weeks and that he would be in touch with me by email.but nothing so far. :nope:

i have emailed Ali this morning again praying that he will reply with some news of hope.i have read that he was off last week and should be in this week.everyone is saying the screening visit should take place week beginning the 21st but i haven't been told that at all.

Im sure they will be in contact soon... its just a waiting game. The chance of being able to part is this trial would be amazing, a private round is over £5500.

Hopefully we will all be contacted soon. I see on the last non pcos trial the BMI range was <29 im under that so fingers crossed the screening is just a formality.

im so bad at the waiting game they must think im such a pest! i don't find the secretary very polite and helpful tbh

me neither - did you ring them today? Did they say Ali is around?

I havent had any contact yet about the next step. I know they are busy people though and also the trial approvals hadn't come through yet which Ali was waiting on, the approvals process for this sort of trial must be an absolute nightmare to get sorted. Not only does the study involve the creation of babies, but also high risk OHSS candidates so they have to have some kind of protocol in place in case the worst happens. I have had severe OHSS before myself so I'm really hoping that this new drug stops it from developing this time, or at least makes it a milder version!

I still wait to hear from Ali too. I was told I should be suitable for the trial, and back on 9th Sept Ali said they still didnt have approval but to email again in 3-4 weeks which i did and not heard since.
At least the majority of you know you are on the trial, just hope I can join too.
Fingers crossed Ali starts replying to us shortly. x

We are waiting too but im just so impatient, trying to find other things to do to take my mind off it!. Im waiting for George to let me know my latest AMH, just hope its still ok to do the trial. My ultrasound still showed polycystic but does anyone know wether AMH also still has to be high or is one or other to qualify my last AMH was 41 but that was back in April x

Hi ladies,
It's so frustrating waiting cos it's so near.
I can't stop looking online for more info lol.
I came on my period 2day so I re emailed Ali to tell him an also asked if I could still do screening if I'm on. I'm still waiting for response since this morning.
I even thought my phone wasn't getting network lol cos I aint got reply.

It's so nice to see other people going threw same thing.
I gave up smoking for weeks and now with all this waiting I so want a fag, but will wait it out.
Let's hope it all starts real soon.

yes i rang them today and she said if they told they will get in contact then they will.i emailed ali this morning and george and every 5 mins i keep checking my email at work but no reply.

Syma- iv also started period so i hope this doesnt affect the screening.i was
in the frame of mind that my next cycle which is due mid novemeber is when we would start the trial

Have anyone got blocked tubes as well as pcos, I didn't know I had pcos until I had scan @hammersmith in August.

Hopefully our periods don't delay trial even more.
I was so dying not to come on untill at least 22nd, but we can't help these things lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->