The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

Thanks Wellsk. I'm just wondering why I haven't been asked to come in for a screening when I've been told my amh and scan make me eligible. I feel like I'm harassing George keep emailing but surely he knows how anxious I am!

Thank you Wellsk, it's great having advice of what to expect.

JJ1983, sorry you haven't heard yet. I'm sure you will, have you tried Ali as he was arranging the appointments but he said he had a back log of emails.

Thanks Mossops. I've never emailed Ali, it's always been George. What's his full name and I'll try calling him t

Its Ali Abbara (or something along those lines) :)
He's really lovely and helpful, I'm surprised you haven't had any contact with him.

I'm sure its just an accident or misplaced thing thay uou haven't been called hun. I'm sure it hasn't been done intentionally :hugs:

As I've said before, please say if you're not happy with me being here! I'm genuinely only here to try and help and wish everyone well with their trial. :hugs:

But I know there has been points when I wad TTC where I found it tough with those who haf got their BFP, and admittedly still do sometimes :blush:

Wellsk, I personally am really happy to have you here as you've been through it so have helpful advice. It's really nice that you want to help those still ttc even though you have your bfp. congratulations and hope all goes well for you x

I'm happy that you are on here too wellsk, it's great to have your advice and be able to ask you things that we'd otherwise have to keep bothering Ali or George with.
JJ1983' I hope you get hold of Ali, his email is [email protected]

yh i felt like i was harassing george and ali.pheww! Looks like i wasnt the only 1..i didn't know that we might not be picked for the trial if the screening doesnt go well.i thought if your amh is high and your scan shows cysts then your able to start the trial:-S i mean im anaemic hope that don't stop me getting on the trial

I think the screening is for hepatitis and HIV etc so hopefully being anaemic won't be an issue for you. I just want an email inviting me in for the screening! I've called and left another message for George today as lady on reception said he's the main man

George just called literally seconds after posting this. Going in next week, phew! Thanks for all your help ladies. I now feel a bit silly for getting myself all wound up!

JJ1983, Glad you got your appointment sorted. Im so excited for next week, i know we have a while to wait before starting but every appointment is a step closer :)

Im just worried now about my two cycles clashing and having to decide which one i should go for the nhs one or the kisspeptin one.mind you the waiting list is up to 18weeks for the nhs one so if the kisspeptin starts first il decide to go with that

The only thing is that if your NHS cycle is local to you, and I'm guessing it is. It will be a hell of a lot easier and cheaper! Its an unmissable chance! And when i had some serious problems in the middle of my cycle and thought it was going to be cancelled and my embryos frozen, I was seriously concerned about having to travel back and to from london again. I seriously doubt that I could do it again!

Have you spoken to your doctor or Ali/George about your worries about the clash?

Not yet but i will when i go up to london for the screening visit. Iv got an appointmeng with my consultant at birmingham womens to be put on the nhs waiting list on jan 7th. I just hope the trial doesnt take two months to sort out the delay im praying that one regulatory body are satisfied asap

Hopefully it doesn't clash for you. you are very lucky to be able to have a chance on the nhs. This trial is my only hope of IVF as my partner already has a child so I cannot qualify for nhs treatment which is so unfair. Maybe like wellsk says the nhs option may be best as you don't have all the travelling. x

does anyone how much it is to park ourside the hospital or near the hospital, were thinking of going in the car as it works out cheaper

I think if I remember correctly it's about £2 an hour :thumbup:

thas not bad it still works out cheaper than using the train and getting tube passes, also we don't have to hang around all day in london just so we can getting on the cheapest train home because its quite expensive at peak time

Yep it's £2.20 per hour but annoyingly if you overpay they don't give change

oh ok il just take enuf change as the screening visit appointment time is 2 hours but it might take longer

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->