The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

do any of u guys spot before a period. the past few months i have started to spot literally just a spot or two 2 or 3 days before my period is due and no blood actually comes out on the pad but if we have intercourse then you can see theres blood inside when we finish ( i know tmi bt im worrid this means something to do with low progesterone) it never used to happen but the last 5 cycles this is whats been happening:blush:

I normally spot before a period... I think it started happening about a year back... I don't know why it happens though, I think most people get spotting. I think it's normal :shrug:
It's always the worse, as you're thinking 'is it IB bleeding or just AF starting?' :dohh:

When you have IVF they give you Progesterone suppositories to combat this, at Hammersmith you have them up until 12 weeks of pregnancy :thumbup:

Hi I have got my screening appointment through for the 5th November, thinking about driving down this time...eek!

I occasionally get spotting before a period, I usually find it happens on months I dont ovulate if I've had a longer cycle.

x

Great news about your appointment dale! Hope it goes well :)

Driving is definitely the easiest way to get there! I think half of my journeys we're driven. Mostly because I wasn't prepared to leave home at 3am to get there! :haha:

Our screening appointment is at 3pm today.. we are only 30 mins down the road so lucky in that way.

I always spot before my period - for at least 5 days, sometimes i ovulate, some times i dont.

Good luck today cjstaun! Look forward to hearing what is involved etc x

I hope the appointment went well cjstaun, I'm looking forward to hearing about it too :)

I hope all went well CJ. I went in today for a scan as they thought I had a polyp on my uterus but luckily I don't so I can get going with the screening now. Have just emailed Ali (finally introduced to him!) to arrange a screening hopefully this week. I have been told it might still be November all being well. I am really excited now!

ps I rarely have a cycle so can't really say about spotting but I did have some spotting after I finished my gonal f injections when I was doing injectables last round. I had to cancel as I produced too many follies hence being put forward for this trial

Still possibly November?! That would be great. Here's hoping ay!

Does anyone know if they give us any drugs to bring on a period or do the injections we have to take do that?

Possibly but I'm not getting hopes up, I think more likely Jan. If you don't get a period on your own (like me) they give you progesterone pills or the pill to bring one on, at least that's what they did for my clomid and injectables cycles

If you have normal cycles, they will just wait :thumbup:
I haven't heard of anyone taking anything to bring on AF :shrug:

With pco you tend to not have normal cycles Wellsk so they have to give you something to make you have a bleed and mimic a normal cycle

That's good, when I was on clomid I was having regular cycles and now I've been taken off it's just a waiting game so frustrating.

Hope all went well yesterday Cjstaun x

Morning All

The meeting went really well with Ali yesterday - it lasted nearly the full 2 hours. First Ali took bloods from me - full blood count etc. Then we went to the research unit. Lots of information on how the drugs work, some lifestyle questions, then my blood pressure, weight and height was taken. Finally a nurse performed an ECG.

I should hear back in a week or so - all going well the co-ordination appointment will be in a few weeks then the trial will start Jan or Feb. He mentioned as everyone will be wanting to start asap - there maybe one cycle delay as they can only have a few ladies cycling per month.

My cycles are around 34 days - but if you dont cycle im sure they can give you provera to induce a period.

A change in the protocol means the progestrone support in this trial in progestrone in oil injections (which have to be performed daily by your partner) for 2 weeks rather than the cyclogest suppostories.

ps - the car park can get full, so arrive early - also you have to pay up front so take lots of change, its £2.20 per hour.

I was getting excited again when i read the erlia postš from jj1983 that it may still be november! I hope that they still run to plan..what are they looking for when taking bloods? Im planning to leave birmingham at 11 hoping to get there for2 hope theres parking space

Jj1983 was u told that it might still be november by someone at the hospital?

The bloods are routine - blood count, thyroid, LH, FSH, HIV etc. Ive had all these done before but it was just to update them.

There is usually a few spaces, so you should be ok for parking.

I think the plan is still Jan/Feb at the earliest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->