The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

I think to get through to screening we have to have the high amh and polycystic ovaries, that's what makes us eligible for the trial. Then as long as ECG is ok etc you are accepted. Don't worry shorty I think everyone is fine if you get to screening, it's only if your bloods or ECG showed something that meant you couldn't take part. I asked if what we had done meant we were accepted and Ali said yes, I'm guessing we get written confirmation via email once bloods are back like Claire did. But Ali was asking me to update him on each of my cycles so he figure out a start date when they are ready :)

I would have thought it is all dependant on ur screening. Suppose if the ECG were to show anything up like a heart defect they wouldn't want to then do IVF incase the defect was passed onto the baby I think.

Does anyone take any vitamins/supplements? Want to start preparing my body and getting it in the best condition I can for IVF. I've been taking folic acid,
Multi vits and zinc. But not sure if over doing it or mixing the wrong things?! x

Shorty, don't worry. George said to me the high amh and cystic ovaries deem you accepted. The screening is just to make sure there are no other unknown health issues or disorders so in theory after this we could be refused but it's unlikely. I assume the results won't be instant as they have to wait for blood results. Hopefully Ali can reassure you more on Monday.

Does anyone tried acupuncture or acupressure? I was going to try it to hopefully help my cycles. I figured it can't hurt since we have a while to wait to start

I had acupuncture last year and was pregnant which ended in ectopic. When the doctors confirmed how far gone I was, it turned out I was already pregnant when having acupuncture. It was very relaxing but I was quite sceptical about it, I was willing and am willing to try anything but just in my head can't comprehend how acupuncture etc would work. Just need to stop being sceptical I suppose! Lol

I feel exactly the same way April but even if all it does is help me de-stress then that's a good thing

Oh and re the vitamins, I take folic acid every day and when we start the trial, I'll take sanatogen pre-natal vitamins that have everything you need

i also have been taking multi vitamins mostly for my iron levels to be within the normal range so hopefully when ali does the bloods tomorrow
my iron levels should be ok.:thumbup: do you guys sign consent forms on the screening day? or is that on a seperate occasion?

Shorty, you sign the consent form at your screening appointment after Ali goes through it all.

JJ I tried reflexology, like April said about her acupuncture I found it relaxing but didn't think it was doing much else. It did make my cycle heavier though as I was worrying it had been quite light. I take pregnacare conception and iron as my levels were slightly low x

On way to london, thankfully we chose to drive and lucky that we did because the radio has said the trains to london are delayed for a few hours because of the wind and rain that would have meant we would have missed our appoinment.

Good luck today! Mine is tomorrow, may leave a little earlier in case any trees on road over night! Had so many down our way today. x

Hey my appointment is tomorrow. Does anyone take metformin? Just wondering if it's ok should be tho. been on them for 4 months.

3 wishes - Ali told me Metformin isnt allowed on this trial...

Has it helped with your cycles?

No ive not been but Dr Carby said I could try it.

When I asked Ali he said it wasnt allowed for this trial. Let me know how the appointment goes.

How many ladies are now on the trial after the screening results?

I'm on metformin, not due to weight issues tho just to help with clomid. No longer on clomid and metformin doesn't seem to make me ovulate on its own but still on it in the hope it works. X

I was never given metformin as I was told I don't have any issues with insulin. They also don't want me to lose any weight as BMI only just 19.

April did you tell Ali about metformin? What time is your appointment mine is at 1:00. I was told I have the insulin side to pcos. No weight issues. Just asked my fertility doctor if I could try metformin and he was happy to prescribe it. Don't mind stopping it. Just hope I can do this trial.

By the way did any one notice the hammersmith hospital post code is OHS at the end (Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome) lol what a coincidence just thought I'd tell you all lol

Lol 3wishes let's hope none of us over stimulate on the trial.

Claire, we were told we have been accepted but not confirmed via email yet. We're your bloods back when Ali emailed you?

Good luck to everyone going tomorrow, it's exciting the wheels are in motion. Just can't wait till Jan/Feb now :)

Hey everyone the appointment went well.we got there bang on time, it took us 3 hours to get there due to the wind and heavy rain.we finally signed the forms and now waiting to get a co ordination appointment..the info that ali give us was alot to take in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->