The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

We r from sunderland so had quite a trek down during the night by bus and headed straight back after appointment. We been looking on internet in preparation if we get to go back.

Ahh right! Hmm, you could always ask Ali if he could explain your results in a little more detail? It basically means (as far as I'm aware) that you have above average ovarian reserve and quality for your age. But I don't know what this means in terms of IVF :shrug:

I think that before I get accepted (I'll be surprised if they say yes first) that my DH also needs a SA again (although he only had one two weeks prior to the appointment) before they consider us again, as his morphology was very poor.

Did Ali say when you'd find out if you'd been accepted?

Clefairy, good luck tomorrow! Let us know how you get on :)

Wow, you did have a long trek. I'm from Manchester and thought that was bad enough! How long did your appointment last for?

wellsk, ali said that my results were 'fine!' still feel a little concerned and i will ask him when he gets in touch next time, just waiting for go ahead from dr carby, ali said he would be intouch as soon as he finds out. fingers crossed you get accepted hun x

clefairy, yes it was quite a trek but hopefully will be worth it if we get accepted, my appointment was at 12:00 and was done within an hour, had a chat with dr carby and then a scan and blood test, fingers crossed for your appointment tomorrow x

Fingers crossed we both find out and get accepted soon!:hugs: Has your DH had his requested SA yet?

Hope so hun, no he's waiting for letter from hospital. hopefully should be ok like last time... My af is gonna arrive this week sometime so i've missed out this month coz theres still alot of tests to do,

Ahh no, that sucks! Hopefully you'll get accepted ready for next cycle!
I'm also waiting to get DH's SA sorted. He's got extremely low morphology, and as far as we're aware, this is the main reason we need ICSI/IVF. Although we're not sure if there are any more underlying issues with me, and this is why Dr Carby is unsure over whether to give me the fertility treatments.

Well you would think they would be willing to take you on due to your dh's results,icsi would hopefully be your answer. it's such a frustrating time ttc, we've been trying for 4 years now i had a misscariage dec 2009, ectopic pregnancy march 2010 with removal of my right tube, if i didnt go to hospital when i did the dr told me i would most probably of died because of the ruptured tube, my gp told me it was constipation:growlmad:, we took a year out officially ttc to give my body time to get over the trauma physically and mentally, had another misscariage in october 2011 and nothing since. af's are a little irregular since my tube removal. We have had basic nhs tests including a hsg which all came back normal. I have 2 ds age 13 and 9 from a previous marriage and the age gap just keeps growing. Hopefully this will be the answer to our prayers if we get accepted :hugs:

I'm sorry for your losses, TTC and infertility are so painful!
I really hope you get accepted and your BFP! You'll have to let us know what they say :hugs:

Hi MRSM good to hear of more people on the trial :) Your storey sounds a lot like mine. I also have 2 DS age 9 & 6 from a previous marriage but my partner now has none. We have been trying for 4 years and also had a MC Dec 09 none since though. It has been really hard. I have had a laporscopy that showed I have blocked tubes so IVF is the only way but as I have sons already they wouldn't give it to me on NHS. I really hope this trial works. I have got my next appointment with Ali on the 15th to sign all the forms and have an ECG then hopefully I will start next cycle. I have just missed one as I finished yesterday.

MRSM - How long is your cycle? we may be starting at the same time. Mine is 26 days.

Wellsk - my fingers are crossed. Hopefully you will get the go ahead.

It sounds so far for all you guys to come. I am lucky that it only took me just under an hour and that was only really because of traffic. It will all be worth it though. It would be so nice if we all got our :bfp: with the trial.

:dust::dust::dust:

Hi Mrs M - I love it when new people join the thread! :hugs:

I've got my appointment tomorrow and just realised I dont actually know where to go, when I get to the hospital. Can anyone help me please?

Are you driving? If you are you can drive past the main entrance and then turn in to the hospital and drive down to the carpark. You then walk back to the front of the hospital and it is your second door I think. :)

Hi cass86, wow we have got similar stories:hugs:, my cycles vary every month between 27 and 33 days. Af showed up this morning so if i do get accepted we going to be going through treatment roughly the same days. Just waiting for dr carby to decide to take me on trial. Hopefully ali will be in touch soon.
We had to travel during the night on a coach for 7 hours as the cost of train travel is soooo expensive, the bus only cost £43.00 return lol and the train would have been about £250 return which amounts to alot if we gota go upto 10 times.

Wow that really is a lot of difference. Will you stay down some of the time? I really hope this all works. It will be nice having someone going through it at the same time :happydance:

I feel so impatient :headspin: I am going to be terrible in the TWW. They should accept you. As long as you fit the criteria I think they want as many people as possible. Your AMH is really high so that should show a sign that IVF will be good for you. It's weird that you do not have PCOS but it is that high? have they ever said why that could be?

xx

Gosh MrsM, that's so far to come! It feels like a long time for me and we only have about 3 hours worth of travelling to get there :wacko:

I think part of my plan will be to stay in London for some of the time, particularly with all the scans being in the early morning! I've found some great cheap hotels in time of travelling up and down previously :thumbup:

Just had an email from the trial, they still want DH to get a SA done... which is probably going to take 5 weeks to get the results :dohh:
Why does everything take so long?!

Hi everyone, got my embryo transfer tomorrow - so nervous! We had 10 eggs (all fertilised - proving the kisspeptin works!) and we had 7 embies on day 3 after egg collection and so it'll be (hopefully if they're still going strong!) a blastocyst (or two!) transfer tomorrow.

This is my second IVF so feel a bit more relaxed about it all.

I hope everyone gets accepted soon!

xxx

Ahh awesome! Best of luck for tomorrow Space :hugs:
Hopefully you'll be getting your BFP in no time :)

spacebunnyx; good luck for tomorrow xxxx
wellsk; I know its a awful travel but I've just received a email from ali and it looks like we gona be doing it a bit more coz they want me to go back down on 15th april for ecg and more tests:thumbup:, hopefully dh sa will be sorted out by then, i'm finding it a little worrying about my amh levels and I've been told in the past I haven't got pcos so god only knows why its so high?? must have good egg reserve for my age :winkwink:
Don't know about staying down during the trial coz we gotta travel during the night and get into London at 6:30ish so got plenty of time to get to hospital and then straight back on bus home, i'm exhausted even thinking about it :wacko: hope you get some positive news soon xx

That's great news MrsM!

Well my appointment went pretty well yesterday, had a chat with Dr Carby for about 30 min. She said she'd be happy to put me forward, but Ali has the final say. Because I used to have irregular periods (they are regular now), I've got to check Ali is happy for me to proceed. I also had a blood test which was fine. Even the ultrasound wasn't as bad as I was expecting, just a little uncomfortable. The only bit I wasn't that overjoyed with, was the old man (who barely spoke English) doing the ultrasound. Wasn't the most relaxing experience! Anyway, its all done now. Next steps, I've got to email Ali in a weeks time for my AMH results.

Good luck SpaceBunny for today! x

clefairy, glad your appointment went well, hopefully u'll get accepted hun x I didn't have the same sonographer as you, mine was 40ish and is involved in the kisspeptin trial but I can't remember his name. hope the week goes fast for you n you get good results x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->