The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

Good luck with your appointment clefairy and 3wishes! You'll have to let us know how it goes :)
I finally got an email back from Ali, my AMH was 16.73. Which I've read isn't that great in general considering my age, but is good for IVF.

What does your AMH have to be to get onto the trial? Also what is AMH? :shrug:

Really hope you get onto the trial Wellsk. x

From what I've read, it had to be over 3pmol/l in order to get onto IVF in general? Although I don't know if this will be different for the trial :shrug:

AMH basically gives you an estimate of your ovarian reserve and it's quality :thumbup:

From what I've read, it had to be over 3pmol/l in order to get onto IVF in general? Although I don't know if this will be different for the trial :shrug:

AMH basically gives you an estimate of your ovarian reserve and it's quality :thumbup:

Thanks for the info. :thumbup: I'll let you know how I get on. Did you have any other tests on the day?

Yes, I had a transvaginal ultrasound to check everything was normal, and then just the blood test for the AMH levels :)

Did the ultrasound hurt? I've never had one before. I'm fed up of all the poking and prodding. :(

No, it's absolutely fine. The probe is quite thin. It's a little uncomfortable in parts.
I have vaginimus (which is a psychological problem causing severe tightening of the muscles when it comes to things like that. It can make BD'ing agony or even impossible!) and I had no problems with the ultrasound... So if I can do it, you can! ;)

Thanks for the reassurance! :) I guess if I can survive a HSG, I can survive the ultrasound. I really hope you get onto the trial and we all get BFP's!

Thanks Hun, fingers crossed and baby dust :)

Hi i am new I have just made an appointment for the trial. I have pcos been trying for 2 years I have a 9 year old son and I am just on my 6th and last round of clomid. Don't think this round will work so hoping I get accepted for the trial

Hi 3wishes! You sound very similar to me, I've got PCOS and just finished my 5th round of clomid. It didn't do anything at all. :nope: I am now being referred for IVF on the NHS, just waiting for my appointment to come through. Are you regular or irregular? My appointment for the trial is this Friday, when is yours? x

Hi clefairy sorry I am a bit slow on replys lol. I am kind of regular lol. My appointment is on the 19th. Do you know what results they want you to bring with you? As I am not sure. when I rang for the appointment the woman said to bring any test results you have had done regarding your fertility so do I just ask for it all from my fertility clinic, would they give it me?

Yes, they should give you your results, although depending on how many there are; you might have to pay for copies.
The more they know about your fertility history, the less time you'll have to go away for and work on more. If that makes sense?

Thanks wellsk I emailed that Ali abbara and he told me if I can get them and if I couldn't then there shouldn't be a problem. He's really quick at responding

Wellsk - Your AMH seems good. Mine is 14.5 which I know is on the low side but not to low.

I think the cut of for the trial is 10 or 12.

Clearify - the scan is fine. You will go through a lot worse giving birth :dohh: I think woman loose all their dignity when going through pregnancy and giving birth :haha:

3wishes - Don't worry to much I didn't take anything with me and they were fine. They done the scan and blood test on the day. They did just say that at some point they would want to see a semen analysis from my partner. I still need to get a copy of that from my Drs.

Ali got back to me today and asked when I am free. He is just waiting for the ok now from Dr Carby and then it's all go. I really can't wait. I don't know to much about IVF yet and am a little nervous. Hopefully everything will work and be ok.

:dust::dust::dust:

Thanks Cass, it's difficult because our AMH levels are on the low side of normal, however they're really good for IVF. But it's seeming less and less likely that I'll be able to concieve naturally. It's looking like IVF is our only option. :(

I'm hoping Ali will contact me today to say that Dr Carby has changed her mind and no more tests are needed before I'm accepted. Please, please!

Yes but don't give up hope. I always hear stories of people conceiving naturally when they had been told they never could.

My fingers are crossed for you. I really hope they accept you. Hopefully they need to get some more people and will just say yes.

xx

Hope you don't mind me joining your thread. I had an appointment with dr carby on 22nd march and have just has a email back from ali yesterday to say my amh level was 44.3 pmol/l. Has anyone got any idea what this means as ali just said he was waiting to here from dr carby to see if she would accept me for the trial. I am 31 years old and have been diagnosed with secondary sub-fertility, we have been ttc for 4 years and have had 3 losses in this time.

Hi MrsM :hi:
You went the same day as me :)
Your AMH level sounds very good generally, although I'm not sure for IVF as it may lead to OHSS, although I'm not sure if it would as the Kisspeptin is trying to avoid this :shrug:
I'm 22 and have an AMH level of 16.73, which is on the lower side of average for my age. But this is good for the trial, but not good if I want to concieve naturally :thumbup:

I hope this makes sense?

Hi wellsk, :wave: Yeah i noticed you were there same day coz i've been following this thread, i know what u mean about ohss and was a bit worried that my levels could also mean pcos although i have been tested for this in the past and they said i didn't have it.:wacko:, just think its quite high and can't understand why we still not managed to concieve naturally, oh has had sa done in past and was fine but dr carby wants an up to date one doing as i have to children from a previous marriage.

Hi Mrs M - I love it when new people join the thread! :hugs:

I've got my appointment tomorrow and just realised I dont actually know where to go, when I get to the hospital. Can anyone help me please?

Hi clefairy, good luck with ur appointment tomorrow... Dr Carby is lovely.
The ivf unit is just to the left of the main entrance of the hospital. we got a taxi coz we had no idea how to use the tube lol. if we go back for the trial we will definately use the tube though.

Thanks MrsM. Haha - I'm the same, I have no idea how to use the tube either. Where abouts are you from by the way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->