The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

Thanks Claire, im fine with needles as long as i dont look :). I guess January is better as we wont have to worry about the clinic not being open when we need them. It has been a long old wait, we first applied in April for the original trial but due to the PCO had to wait. I spoke to Ali and my bloods have come back normal, so we are definitely, definitely able to take part yipee! :happydance:

Hi my appointment with Ali went well. He's lovely first time I've met him just had bloods done ecg then went through the trial. I asked him when it should be starting he's hoping for end of December. He said he will have to work out when people start and to try make it fair. Said some people get annoyed but I don't see how people would be like that they should understand and take whatever they get as they are getting it free.

Hi 3wishes, Glad it went well for you. Ali is lovely, isnt he. That would be great if does happen to be end of December, i guess thats why he wants updates of our cycles so he can plan it all out :)

You're right 3 wishes. I'm sure they'll work out a fair way. We're talking about a difference of a few weeks. Glad everyone's screening has gone well so far. Fingers crossed the luck continues! x

He is so friendly. Wasn't expecting him to be as young as he was.

Going to find it strange emailing him every time I start my period lol

Just want to share something with you all that I was scared of doing this trial as I didn't want to go through all this and to be let down and no baby at the end of it, didn't want to go through that disappointment and being down but then I thought about it if it does then it does at least I've helped with research so this drug can become available and help others

I know. I've already been disappointed so many times with clomid and injectables but maybe this is our magic solution that will finally get us our baby. We have to all be optimistic that it will happen x

I'm the same, I'm nervous of how I'll feel if it doesn't work. But I'm keeping an open mind and have thought about the chance it may not work so I feel prepared whatever the outcome. JJ you are right about staying positive, positive thoughts bring positive things x

Hi all,
I am new to this thread, I am in the same position as most of you. I had my screening visit with Ali yesterday all seems good but I read that done if you have emails advising you had been accepted? How long did it take to revive the emails after your screening visit? A little bit about me I have PCOS and type 1 diabetes my husband has low count, we have been ttc for 8 years we have had 2 failed ICSI attempts at Nurture in Nottingham and we live in Stafford. Xx

Hi Tamla

Welcome :) Great news on the trial. I had my screening on 21st Oct and got the blood results on 23rd. Just waiting on the co-ordination appointment now.

Ive had one fresh and one frozen NHS cycle at Hammersmith so far. The fresh resulted in a chemical pregnancy and the frozen BFN. xx

Hey cjstaun,

It was really very quick on the blood results coming back then. Ali said I should receive a coordination appt in the next few weeks. Hammersmith has been really good so far, it's a long way for us to travel but after meeting with Dr Carby & Ali they seem much more clued up than any other fertility clinics we have been too, which is very reassuring. Hopefully this time round we both get good news with a BFP. :) xx

Ali has emailed me back bloods come back all fine just my iron is a little below average so i guess il have to get iron tablets for that and should be fine.just waiting for the co ordination visit!:thumbup: im quite relaxed now knowing we been accepted

Welcome Tamla! Glad your bloods were ok Shorty. Come on Wednesday! For once I am wishing the wkend away. Happy Halloween everyone also. Keep thinking this time next year hopefully we will all be about to pop! x

Welcome tamla! Can't wait to hear about my blood results. Was just saying to my partner this time next year we will all hopefully be counting down the days till we pop. Fingers crossed this is finally our time girlies. x

Welcome Tamla, nice to see another person on the trial. April, I have everything crossed that we will be waiting for a special arrival next halloween :). Is everyone thinking of having two put back, when I asked Ali he said alot of ladies got their bfp with two but none did when putting one back but the majority chose two anyway?

Hi mossops, April & jj

Thank you all for the warm welcome, it would be so lovely to be expecting this time next year :) given the option I would like to have 2 put back if we have enough when I was at Nottingham they advised I would only be able have 1 put back cause of my diabetes :( I think 2 gives you a better chance of success, it's got to.

Xx

Hi ladies,

Glad to see things are on the roll :happydance:

I'm going for screening visit tomorrow a bit nervous as I don't know what to expect., from the sounds of some of your visits it seems okay.

If I have the choice of having 2 put bk I will.

Good luck to all of you let's pray we all have great results in the end :flower:

We have decided to put two back. It's a difficult decision as there are risks with carrying twins. We would love twins though as then only have to go through this once!

Hya Tamla

Do anyone know how many women have gotten pregnant from this study?

Hi Syma

I don't know the answer to your question but I don't think we can take much from that either way. This is the first trial for pcoers as the first trial specifically excluded people in that group. By virtue of our pco, we are good candidates for ivf as we produce lots of eggs (or so I've been told). Kisspeptin won't increase our chances but should reduce our risk of ohs which is really common in pco (again because of the number of eggs)

Hi syma,

I am not sure about how many ladies have got pregnant from the first study? I know there was deff 1 lady as I remover seeing her on BBC news. In my first ICSI cycle I developed OHSS and my cycle was canceled so I am hoping that this works so I can at least get to egg collection and transfer :)

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->