The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

3wishes mine is at 11-1 so may see you when I leave :).

Exactly same as me I just asked to go on it as saw other people online were trying it. Recently went to my GP to ask for bloods to me done to see what my glucose levels are as the fertility doctors just presumes I'm insulin resistant!

Really not fusse about stopping the tablets as the only thing they are doing for me seems to be helping me loose a couple of extra pounds that I didn't need ;-).

Mossops - We were seen last Monday then had the results/confirmation email 2 days later. I had a copy of the full blood results numbers but no idea what they mean!

Ali told me Metformin was not allowed on this trial at all - so worth questioning that.

Has anyone on the PCOS trial had IVF before - we have had 2 round (one fresh one frozen) at Hammersmith so if anyone wants any info please ask me. The protocol is the same as what ive had before bar the Kisspeptin trigger.

Cjstaun theres alot to remember in terms of injections and when to take them so frm day2 its gonal f then frm day 6 its gonal f and cetrotide then trigger around dayt10 then estrogen tablets 3 times a day and progesterone injection both of these will be continued til 12weeks if ur pregnant..is that all right?

Wow, that is a lot to remember! Are you girls carrying on working full time throughout? It's going to be hard

Jj when ali was talking me through it all i was thinking that i need to try get the whole month off! After day 6 we need to go back to london every other day:-S my shifts at work are very long.i start 7am and finish 8pm

Hi Shorty

The IVF protocol is fairly intensive. Once your period starts, you start Gonal F once per day (from day 2 or 3) then a scan at day 6 - then cetrioide to stop ovulation every day.
On my last round I went for scan on day 6,8,9,10 and 11 then i was ready for trigger. We have to then go in once for the Kisspeptin then twice in 24 hours for bloods, then once for egg collection and egg transfer. So in total 10 times within 3 weeks. Progestrone support starts after egg collection. The progestrone injections have to be given by your partner or friend etc. Its a large needle in the back/hip area - for 2 weeks (once per day) to give the best support for implantation then estrogen tablets each day.

A frozen cycle is longer, as you start down regging from day 21 of the cycle, daily cetrioide for 2 weeks until a period comes, then you stay on those injections for a month to suppress the ovaries, then when ready you start supporitories and patches to build the womb lining. When ready, and another scan they de-frost the embryos ready for transfer. The process takes nearly 2 months all in.

Not all embryos make it - we had to de-frost 3 to get 2 that suvived.. we still have 2frozen at Hammersmith.

Hope this helps.

Time off wise - I only live 20 mins from the hospital so its easier for me.. but I got very tired after the fresh round so after egg collection i was off work for a few days. Then after transfer for 5 days to rest and give the embryos the best chance of implanting.

Thanks CJ that's really helpful. Were your work supportive? I think I'll take leave for egg collection and then for a few days after to rest but should be ok for the scans as I work in London

i have to use my annual leave for any time that i want off but thats if there isn't alot of staff off on annual leave around that time but if there is i have no choice but to get a sick note as i work in mental health and our patients are always kicking off and we have to restrain and run when alarms go off also the patients smoke alot and we have to stand with them while they do so i dont want to expose my self to cigarettes when im not a smoker

I work for a large corporate, so get 5 days for fertilty and flexibilty for scans etc. First time around I had 50 follicles, (mild OHSS) so was feeling very tired. This time ill be on a lower dose of Gonal F (112.5 vs 150) so fingers crossed not so many eggs.

After transfer I will allow 2-3 days resting and working from home to chill/

Just got home after my appointment with Ali. Def a lot of information to take in. Not sure how I will manage with all the travelling every other day, but will get around that some how, can't miss out on such an oppurtunity. Quite tricky with taking time off work as technically getting time off to then have 9-12 months off eventually lol. Work can lump it, will just pull a sicky if need be. Bring on jan/feb x

Exactly. It's more important than work at the end of the day. Glad it went well. I'm really excited for my appt next week!

Claire, do you get really bloated and uncomfortable before the EC?, im really worried about OHSS, do they carry on with cycle if its just mild?

Shorty and April, did Ali give any indication of when it may be starting, just wondered if they have the approvals yet? x

Mossops - yes I did, but that was because I had 50 follicles growing and 30 eggs collected (rather too many) My dose was reduced from 150 to 112.50 to slow things down.
They monitor you really closely to check for OHSS - mine was luckly only mild.

In terms of approvals - it will be a good while yet I think - im sure Ali will keep us updated.

Thank you, i guess they will probably monitor us even more closely than a normal ivf cycle as its a research trial. im quite nervous about the injections but i guess you get used to it. I will be so excited when Ali lets us know its gone through, its like waiting for Christmas haha :)

Once you have done a couple of injections it becomes second nature - dont worry :)

I know - its been a long old wait - I first spoke to Ali in June!

i think Ali is expecting it to start no sooner than jan, but that will be a few women at a time, currently there is about 20 women on this trial.

Oh ok - fingers crossed then.

Tbh i think i would rather wait until the new year - as closures during Christmas will make things tricky.

Ive already had a fresh round and a frozen NHS round this year so the gap is a welcome rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->