The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

guys do we have to consent to having lft over egg or sperm to be usd in training?

No, it's entirely up to you over whether you want your eggs and sperm to be used for training purposes. Any left over eggs that are not used or frozen will be destroyed after the cycle :thumbup:

Did you ladies get confirmation of your co-ordination appt via email before you received it in the post?

Hope you sort out work Shorty

Thank you Wellsk, on the part where it asks about consent for storage is that if you want frozen ones?. sorry for all the questions :)

JJ, i emailed Ali to ask when it would be and he gave me the date on email but said a pack was in the post

Erm, not 100% on that one hun, it sounds about right. It should say about the fact it will incur a charge if you wish to freeze some :)

Ok. I'll wait a few more days then as only had blood results Friday

Thanks Wellsk, it doesnt mention a charge on that part of the question so i might just ask them about it on the day :)

Mossops - ive asked Ali about egg freezing - his reply is below:

If you have spare embryos you can freeze them although you will be liable for the cost of this ( in the region of £850 with one year upkeep).

Does any1 knw about transfering the embryos to your local fertility centre?

I was going to ask about the possibility of transferring them to our local one and cost when at our appointment. Do they count a year from the day they collect them? Because if we were to fall pregnant with this cycle, i dont think I would want to start trying for another baby within the first 3 months prior to the years freeze being up!

Also I have ticked no to the training and research questions.

That's exactly what I thought April! Really we'd have to freeze for 2 years at least which is actually pretty expensive :(

I think this cost is about standard at most London clinics, CRM are £1000 for 2 years then £300 pa.

It also depends on the amount and quality of embryos you have to freeze too. As I only had 3 embryos, two of which were good/okay quality, one which was very poor. I had the two put back, and the other wouldn't have survived the freezing process. And I don't think my other two would've done either as they have to be very high quality (I think!). So it honestly depends on what happens :shrug:

My local clinic charge £150 for a year freezing and hammersmith charge 850! But i dont know if we can transfer the embroyos

I just hope we get a bfp with the trial and some good quality embroyos to freeze for future

Thanks CJ, its so nice having other people going through it at the same time as we can answer each others questions.

I dont think we will freeze any as its so expensive, we will go on to try egg share if this doesnt work out for us. I think we will be in total shock if we get a bfp, you get so used to the bfn month after month.

Yes its really handy to chat on here.

Im also looking at egg sharing at CRM. The results are really good there 41.5% but i have to hurry as im 35 next August.

It is great being able to speak with you girls on here. I am the only one out of my circle of friends that hasnt got a child. Majority of weekends we all meet up and all the kids are there and my step son, and I just sit there thinking why can't i have a child! So frustrating! Lets finally hope that 2014 is our year!

Sorry to hear that april. :hugs:
I can't imagine how painful it must be to sit there with all your friends and their children. I would find that really tough :hugs:
Hopefully you'll get your forever baby come 2014, and they'll be jealous and the broody ones over your beautiful newborn :hugs:

I looked into Crm but they didnt get back to me after i sent them my form. I think we will go with the Lister or bourn hall as they have been really helpful and i read good reviews. Hoping that we dont need to of course :).

April, i know whats its like, i was trying for my first son for four years then had an ectopic and all my friends at that point had newborns. It doesnt get any easier even when you have children and trying for another as its the whole thing of why cant i get pregnant when everyone else around finds it so easy. Infertility is a horrible thing but this trial is fantastic as we all get a chance to try and remedy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->