The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

Thank you JJ1983 I think I will need the screening appointment then. I'm worried about work and time off needed. Anyone else here a teacher? How did you manage it? Can Ali do really early or late appointments so that I minimise disruption to my job? I know I shouldn't be worrying about work but it is a consideration! Anyone had any ideas about how to do this without telling boss?? X

The screening takes 2 hours but hopefully he can fit you in around work. I ended up having to tell my HR lady when I was on the injectables as I ended up stimming for 3 weeks so had to have countless scans. Luckily she was really good about it and hasn't told anyone else and has just covered for me. I think it would be very difficult not to tell anyone at all. Is there anyone you can trust to tell?

I wouldn't worry about you guys being a bit behind, once we have the co ordination appointment we will all be waiting to start and by that point you will both have caught up x

Hi tea party my name is sarah I m 27 my partner is 28 been together 13 years I have one son aged 9, started trying in 2011 found out I had pcos just mainly cysts not much symptoms tried 6 rounds of clomid ovulated each time but never got pregnant. Started metformin in May this year and just recently stopped taking them.

Hey April my period is also late probably to do with stopping metformin don't know whether to wait or get it induced with provera or something. so annoying :growlmad: got loads of cheap pregnancy tests gonna take a few and hope for a miracle :haha:

wow 3wishes you sound exactly the same as me! No symtoms of the pco syndrome, but have cysts. 6 rounds of clomid which i ovulated on each time and then started metformin and now off it.

I lost a few pounds of metformin which i loved, so now really carefully watching what I eat as no weight will quickly pile back on.

I am thinking about testing this weekend in the chance it could be a positive.

Did anyone ask Ali if provera will be used on the trial if our periods are delayed? x

April - yes Ali said they can provide provera if you period is late or absent.

Ive been 34 days for the last 3 months now im day 37 and no signs :-( damn pco

ive been 35 days for last few months and now no sign! CD 57! Pleased to hear we can use provera if need be.

I wish I had any sort of cycle, I have non at all! Yes, Ali said I could take provera to bring on a bleed. I am clomid resistant so only gonal f(fsh injections) make my eggs grow. I also have no syndrome symptoms (other than absent periods) and actually struggle to put on weight. Believe me, I'm not bragging I would much rather have some curves! :)

April- maybe we might catch on at same time wouldn't that be nice lol. I am only cd38 normally start cd 32-33 I think it's because of metformin. Suffering with a UTI at the moment hate it.

Shorty- I think amh is to do with your egg count might be wrong but it something like that and people with pcos normally have high amh which is better than low

Yes, 3wishes is correct. It looks at your egg reserves and quality of those eggs. Its very common for those with PCOS to have high levels of AMH. Your AMH does decrease with age I believe though.
I have low AMH for my age, which kinda means that my egg reserve and quality is poorer or looks older than it should. :thumbup:

my levels of amh is 50 so does that mean i have good quality eggs and good reserve.

Shorty, as far as I understand, if you didn't have high AMH (ie good ovarian reserve) then you wouldn't be in this study as that was one of the requirements x

Mine was 41 in April and had gone down to 34.8 in October but they said my ultrasound findings are enough to take part x

Been to see bf's newborn today. They let slip they were going to try for baby number two as soon as possible. Hubbie doesn't understand why I'm upset. Just feeling blue :(

not sure what my amh is, will have to ask Ali

Hugs JJ! :hugs:
Men just don't get the how much it hurts sometimes to see others get what we desperately want and then happily don't think about it when they want even more!

I get upset when friend's who've already got children and have regularly told me how they have no problems conceiving tell me they're jealous because I'm pregnant... It really frustrates me, as they really don't give a thought about what we have to go through to get to this point... if they really knew what they were talking about and the implications they wouldn't say it! :growlmad:

Hopefully you'll get your BFP soon, before they get theirs! :hugs:

Thanks Wellsk. I guess people just don't think sometimes but it's nice to vent to people who understand. I really hope I pip them to the post with my bfp too. Fingers crossed for us all. Your story is amazing and gives us all hope x

Jj i was feeln da same over past fw days and some people are just insensitive

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"