The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

i know were all counting down to january but we haven't had any confirmation..im just sooo emotional the paste few days not only because the other women in the household is gone into labour and the face that i wouldn't been so dwn if we didnt have this delay i would be busy starting my injection todays:cry: january seems so far away and it might not even be january for definite.im so sick of this waiting:cry: ( sorry for the rant)

I really hope it is January Shorty but i dont think they would be in any rush to do our co ordination visits this side of christmas if they didnt think it would be in January. When i asked Karl that called about our appointment he said January. The waiting is horrible but it will go quickly as its straight after Christmas :)

my s.i.l had a boy just an hour ago,:cry: imtrying to keep a barve face at work but im just filling up with tears, its really tough time for a women to go thru infertility wile others in the house have no problem,a newborn just makes me break down and my husband just gets angry with me that i cant be happy for his brother and his sister in law.if only he understood what i feel.is it just me or does anyone else feel like this too

and mossops they still haven't had any confirmation to say when we can definetly start and thats killing me.i just dont know what to do with myself:shrug:

So sorry your feeling down Shorty, it's upsets me too every month we get a bfn. Our friends have just had a little boy too and while I'm happy for them it's making me sad that's it's not working for us. I've just emailed Ali to ask how approvals are going, I haven't asked him since we went 3 weeks ago so hoping for positive update :)

Hello everyone. Can I join you all? I'm new here and stumbled across you by googling kisspeptin. I've been in touch with Ali for months but because I'm high risk ohss I have been waiting for confirmation of the trial in high risk women. I finally took my first step on the ladder last night as I had an appointment with George. George took one look at my ovaries and said I'm almost certainly suitable for the trial starting in January /February time. I've had blood taken and gave all my history but feeling really excited because I'd counted myself out of ever being able to have treatment again ... I will feel like the luckiest girl alive if I get another shot.

Please introduce yourselves... We're here together and I'd love to get to know you all a little better. A bit about me: I'm 33 and dh is 42. We have a 7 year old miracle and had a terrible round of ivf last march which ended in severe ohss and a stay in intensive care. It was so traumatic and because I came so close to dieing dh and I said we'd never do it again.

Best wishes to all xxx

PS apologies for weird typos but I'm using phone and can only see a little bit of what I'm typing!!

mossops do let us know what ali replies with. and hello tea party im 22 dh is 26 i suffer from multiple cysts in my ovaries but ovulate each month normally dh has low sperm count very low motility and low morphology.

Welcome tea party! Girls, I feel your pain. I'm going to visit my best friend and her new born this wkend. Also just had a pregnancy announcement at work. Finding it tough. We have been trying for 2 years. I say trying but we haven't actually had a chance seeing as my body has ovulated once in that time (also had 4 induced periods). So so frustrating. My hubbie and I are both 30, he has no issues. I also get told off for not being happy about other people's pregnancies! Particularly his sister who already has 1 and said she didn't want another! I feel really optimistic for these trials though x

iv started my period today and i am sooooo tempted to take clomid knowing the riskd of ohss is quite high for me but waiting around doing nothing is making me feel useless

Don't do it Shorty. I know it's really tempting. I have gonal f and the trigger shot in my fridge from my last round of injectables and I have been so tempted but it's not worth the risk.

Welcome teaparty.

Im 34 and my dh is 35. We had one NHS IVF fresh round at Hammersmith which ended with a chemical miscarriage. We had 5 frozen embryos, used 2 on a frozen round which was a bfn.
I had mild Ohss on the first round, i had 50 eggs on the scan 30 collected,22 suitable and 20 fertilised.

Im clomid resistant, only ovulated once in 4 months and had horrid night sweats - yuck.

Looking forward to the co-oridnation appointment in a couple of weeks - and maybe we will see each other at the scan appointments!!

Claire xx

Welcome teaparty! I'm very sorry to hear about your previous IVF experience. How scary! I hope that this will be much more successful! :)
I'm Kathryn, I'm 23 and my DH is 30. I was the one who originally started this thread all the way back around February time. I was not eligible for IVF on the NHS in my PCT due to age, so was lucky enough to come across the original study. I have low AMH levels and we have severe MFI.

Very luckily for me I was accepted in May, and started the trial in May. I had a pretty poor response to the IVF with only 3 embryos, two medium quality and one poor quality. Although the whole cycle was almost cancelled at point of embryo transfer. Luckily for me it wasn't! Surprisingly after all that I got my BFP on father's day. And I'm expecting a little girl on February 25th.

I kinda hang round for support and to answer questions if I can! Plus I'm desperately hoping to see some of the other wonderful ladies get started and get their BFPs! :)

Welcome teaparty! I'm very sorry to hear about your previous IVF experience. How scary! I hope that this will be much more successful! :)
I'm Kathryn, I'm 23 and my DH is 30. I was the one who originally started this thread all the way back around February time. I was not eligible for IVF on the NHS in my PCT due to age, so was lucky enough to come across the original study. I have low AMH levels and we have severe MFI.

Very luckily for me I was accepted in May, and started the trial in May. I had a pretty poor response to the IVF with only 3 embryos, two medium quality and one poor quality. Although the whole cycle was almost cancelled at point of embryo transfer. Luckily for me it wasn't! Surprisingly after all that I got my BFP on father's day. And I'm expecting a little girl on February 25th.

I kinda hang round for support and to answer questions if I can! Plus I'm desperately hoping to see some of the other wonderful ladies get started and get their BFPs! :)

Hi everyone. Thank you for being so welcoming. I know what you mean about finding other peoples pregnancies or babies hard to deal with... Just got off phone to little sister who is twenty weeks and found out she's having a girl today. She's had a hard journey too and I am thrilled for her but it is still a tough reminder that my body doesn't do what it should.

Wellsk, thank you so much for your happy ending story; it bought a tear to my eye because stories like yours help me to believe that miracles do happen.

I'll pop back often to chat. It is lovely to meet you all. Good luck with your appointments xxx xxx

jj im just so depressed today and so emotional partly due to my period today but i just want to try anything.anything is better than nothing:cry:

I know how it feels Shorty. Some days I feel really optimistic and excited and others unbelievably down. I would just say that if you get ohss then you'll be out whilst you recover so just be careful x

Welcome tea party,

Me and my fiancé are both 31,we have been trying for two years. I have two boys from my first marriage but this time around we have a tubal issue as I had an ectopic before my first son and we have abnormal morphology issues, I also have polycystic looking ovaries but not the whole syndrome.This is our only chance of ivf unless we egg share as no nhs funding. So happy to be on the trial.

I emailed Ali and he said they haven't had approval back yet but they hadn't expected back yet and he can give a more definite answer of if we can start in January by December so to keep updating him with my cycles. At least with the co ordination appointment out the way we are all set to go if it is short notice in January xx

I haven't had a coordination appointment - what's that? George said he'd contact me with more info once blood results in next week. So those of you who have done the scan and bloods, what's next? Is it the coordination appointment? I'm definitely behind most of you I think but hope that doesn't matter.

X

Hi tea party nice to hear of another person joining the trial. I'm April 26, partner is 32. He already has a child from a previous relationship so cannot have NHS funding. I have pco but not the syndrome. Have had ovaries drilled and fell pregnant on clomid but ended in an ectopic. So the trial is my next step. Been considering taking another batch of clomid but trying my hardest not too, plus I can't as still no sign of my period. I'm 21 days late now. Really thought my cycles were becoming regular :-(.

Tea party, I'm a bit behind too. I only had my bloods taken last week and am currently waiting for my coordination appt. Most of the ladies seem to know when theirs is already. Basically, once an appt date is confirmed you should get a load of paperwork to complete about what you want to happen with embryos etc. The coordination appt is just to discuss everything I think! Wellsk will be able to tell you more I'm sure

Although if you haven't had your screening yet then that is next. That's where they do an ECG and take bloods again (to check for everything). That's a 2 hour appt with Ali

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->