The Hunger Games

You know, Suzanne Collins has a screenwriting background. I think that will help translate the book into a film. It's a pretty tight story. I think you'd have to work pretty hard to screw it up. So the odds are ever in our favour for a good flick! :haha:

I'm so out of touch, I only heard about the movie today, had no idea it was a book, let alone a trilogy before I read this.
I want to read them now, although not sure when I'll ever get time. Will look on Amazon now.

I loved the books and really enjoyed the movie :D

I got the first book for my birthday in december, everyone was telling me how amazing it was, never read it!! Now the film has come out so I quickly read the first book in a few days and started the second today, its great!! hoping to see the film soon

i enjoyed it, BUT i did feel let down by how much they had watered it down tbh.. didn't approve of a few of the story line changes, and they missed out some of the bits i wanted to see, but all in all it was good :) and its difficult to fit everything into a film, if it had just been a film i would of liked it even more, but as most people know its hard to get everything you wanted from a film when you expected so much from reading the book ! x

I thought the movie was well done.
It could have been closer to the book, but I was glued to my seat watching it.
The story is just so intense; I love it.

No film is ever going to be as good as the book and a few things I dislike already is in the trailer where Katniss gives Primrose the mockingjay pin? And character who plays Peeta :haha: Ah well, I still can't wait. I hate that they're comparing it to Twilight aswell! I love Twilight but this is in a different category altogether.

Oh god I hate it when people compare everything to bloody Twilight. You can't read about Harry Potter without someone spouting crap about Twilight. Don't know why people can't just appreciate they're completely different films :dohh: morons!

I really want to see the hunger games, thinking of going next week :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OjnbRv3krA

LOL that made me giggle so much

I didn't like the ending or how short the whole rue/katniss time together part was. I still enjoyed the movie though :thumbup:

I just read an article on FB that said that the actress who played Rue is getting all sorts of seriously nasty hate mail/tweets/etc because some people don't think Rue should have been played by a black person. :saywhat:
Charming.
I haven't seen the movie yet, but I've heard that she was great.

I really loved the film, it portrayed the book really well imo.
I loved the books too. Well, I loved the first two - Mockingjay was just awful :wacko:

In the books it talks about how District 11 has darker skin colours. :shrug:

Saw the movie! Thoughts:

Disliked how it was Prim who got Katniss the mockingjay pin.

Nailed Peeta for me. :thumbup: He's exactly how I pictured him.

Didn't like how they really glossed over the whole "star crossed lovers" bit. There needed to be far more l'amour iykwim?

Wtf with Peeta not losing his leg???? :shrug:

Really not happy with how they totally didn't go into how upset Peeta was after they won the games and Katniss started to pull away from him. Had I not already read the books, I wouldn't have known that he was heartbroken.

That being said, I found all the characters casted really well! Foxface was almost exactly how I pictured her. Cato kind of bothered me at the end... I don't remember him getting all dismal before he dropped down and the Mutts got him. Might have to re-read the first book.

Completely agree with the spoiler ^^

I went with my OH, he didn't read the books and found bits confusing.
They didn't really show how much Peeta liked Katniss, OH thought that they were both playing for the cameras.
It wasn't gory enough, I know it's a teen movie but the book is really dark. What happened to the killings!
The 'revolt' in district 11, :shrug: Didn't play out well on screen, OH didn't understand why and I had to explain to him the backstory of it all.
I wish they had played more into the Rue and Katniss bit. And also maybe shown the districts tributes together properly. OH didn't get why the District 11 boy let Katniss go :dohh:
I wish they had alot more with Peeta and Katniss, in the book it's played out really well.

Agree that the casting was fantastic (apart from President Snow - I don't think he was slimey and sinister enough)

I just read an article on FB that said that the actress who played Rue is getting all sorts of seriously nasty hate mail/tweets/etc because some people don't think Rue should have been played by a black person. :saywhat:
Charming.
I haven't seen the movie yet, but I've heard that she was great.

weird as when i read the books i saw rue as very dark mixed race :shrug:

I don't even remember if they said in the book or not if she was black, but i thought she did a brilliant job either way :)

I thought rue was black in the books anyway? That's how I imagined her.

In the books it says she has dark skin and eyes. Just goes to show you how ignorant AND illiterate some people can be, I guess. :shrug:
I just find it shocking that anyone would feel that sending racist slurs to a young teen is somehow an appropriate response to their own personal disappointment in a casting choice. So shitty on so many levels.
Looking forward to seeing this film as soon as possible, though! :)

In the books it says she has dark skin and eyes. Just goes to show you how ignorant AND illiterate some people can be, I guess. :shrug:
I just find it shocking that anyone would feel that sending racist slurs to a young teen is somehow an appropriate response to their own personal disappointment in a casting choice. So shitty on so many levels.
Looking forward to seeing this film as soon as possible, though! :)

It's not as if the role she played is defined by skin colour anyway. It's just the part of a young girl! People were acting like a white man played Obama in a biopic of his life!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->