The Hunger Games

Jem_x3

Mummy to Isabella :)
Reaction score
Does anyone else want to see this? I have just read the trilogy of books and I absolutely LOVE it. I cannot wait to see the movie!! I'll be right there are the midnight showing so exciteddd :dance:

Hi, yep I just recently read the 3 books and loved them! I knew there was going to be a film made, do you know when it comes out? :happydance:

How exciting! Will have to take my sis as lent her the books and she loved them too.:happydance:

Can't wait! Think my daughter is actually letting me go with her lol cos none of her mates are into it like we are. We both read the books when they first came out! bit worried they won't do the books justice with a low certificate though.

I can't wait for this movie. I just read all the books and loved them. Im also worried they will ruin the books for me but from the previews i have seen it doesn't seem to bad so far.

No film is ever going to be as good as the book and a few things I dislike already is in the trailer where Katniss gives Primrose the mockingjay pin? And character who plays Peeta :haha: Ah well, I still can't wait. I hate that they're comparing it to Twilight aswell! I love Twilight but this is in a different category altogether.

Nah nothing is going to compare to the books. I'm mostly worried the violence will be watered down for a 12a rating and change the impact of the story.

I'm actually impressed with the casting of peeta, I thought they'd go for a pretty boy like alex pettyfer lol

I know right. The violence adds to the destruction and sadness of the situation they're in and the feeling of how they HAVE to fight for their lives. Nevermind, I'll always have my own movie in my head :haha:

I can't wait but I think it's going to make me hate katniss even more. I honestly hate her character but love Peetas (in the books this is)

I hadn't heard of this but having just read the synopsis online I will be buying the books asap. I love stories like this and the films never compare favourably. Twilight is a prime example, I was hooked on the books but think the films are total garbage!

The trailer looks really good, going to see if the library has the books before it comes out!

It's amazing, I recommend the books to everyone. More Hunger Games fans! :dance: :haha:

im obsessed with these books at the moment! im just finishing up mockingjay atm!

ive read the first 2 books over the weekend. Im gonna start the 3rd tonight :) theyre a good, easy read :thumbup:

I like them cos the characters are very real and far from perfect. I hope that's not lost in the film

I'm looking forward to the film, as well. Casting seems okay - I don't think I've seen any of the young stars in anything, but I haven't gotten out much in the last three years. Something to do with having babies... :haha:
I agree that the sense of threat needs to be an oppressive force throughout the films, but remember you can do that without showing graphic violence. Some of our scariest horror flicks are considered so because they used the power of suggestion and understood that the viewer's imagination was capable of far more horror than actually spelling it out on the screen (think Psycho - all scary music, a couple of quick terrifying images, then a whole lot of blood going down the shower drain. It scared the pants off of people, yet you never saw a thing). So there is hope that the filmmakers of The Hunger Games managed to keep the stakes high without being gratuitous.
And as for Twilight.... the books were marginally better than the film. Still don't understand the popularity of that story when there are so many much much better fantasy vampire novels out there. To each her own, though! :flower:

I dont understand the twishite hype either!

I dont understand the twishite hype either!

Oh Blah! You ARE terrible! :haha: :rofl: :winkwink:

"Twishite" is so beautifully concise. If I ever let loose my real feelings on that horrific trilogy, I'd probably be banned from BnB. :blush: Not just because of the obscenities - because I had jammed the server with a trillion-word rant.

But Hunger Games is well-written and a seriously fun read. I'd much rather Katniss as the new It Girl than that insipid Bella.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->