The Hunger Games

I am very excited to watch this movie and can't wait any more.

In the books it says she has dark skin and eyes. Just goes to show you how ignorant AND illiterate some people can be, I guess. :shrug:
I just find it shocking that anyone would feel that sending racist slurs to a young teen is somehow an appropriate response to their own personal disappointment in a casting choice. So shitty on so many levels.
Looking forward to seeing this film as soon as possible, though! :)

It's not as if the role she played is defined by skin colour anyway. It's just the part of a young girl! People were acting like a white man played Obama in a biopic of his life!!

So true.

FWIW, I think the actress did a BRILLIANT job as the main character.

Katniss, Peeta, Prim and Gale were bang on! Effie's looks were different than what I pictured, but her mannerisms and dialogue were bang on. Ditto for Haymitch, didn't look how I expected him to look but his actions and words were really good!

Katniss, Peeta, Prim and Gale were bang on! Effie's looks were different than what I pictured, but her mannerisms and dialogue were bang on. Ditto for Haymitch, didn't look how I expected him to look but his actions and words were really good!

I thought Effie's makeup would be far more elaborate and eccentric! Haymitch was very different to what I expected, but it was a nice surprise.

Favourite casting was Katniss. I just can't imagine anyone else could have done it better. Really enjoyed Clove too!

I watched it last week and I've got to say I thought the casting was spot on too. Love Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss she was fab. Loved Rue's casting too! I thought that bit was done really well though I would of liked to see their relationship in more detail. I think for what it was it was great I just wish movies could be 4 hours long :haha: It's not something that I came out thinking "Omg this was brilliant" either. It wasn't some teen-hype film, it was depressing to be fair but also brilliantly portrayed.

its weird they didnt spend more time on the katniss/rue relationship because its SO important in the 2nd and 3rd books :shrug:

They did brush over the relationship. Bet they didnt look at other books before film x

its weird they didnt spend more time on the katniss/rue relationship because its SO important in the 2nd and 3rd books :shrug:

I find it even more weird with Peeta's leg. Not sure how they're going to get around that either!

I think they figured they'd get around it by having it be District 11 that riots after Rue dies in the movie. I think it was like District 6 or 8 that riots during the Games? But you don't find out about that until the 2nd book anyways. :shrug:

I'm not sure about this film but the critics have been raving on about it and saying it will have the success of Harry Potter. Would love to hear what you think of it.

defo not as big as harry potter but poss as big as twilight.

I loved the book & the film although I thought they dragged out a lot of the beginning & then rushed the actual games x
Katniss was spot on with regards to casting x

Off to buy the 2nd book now x

I KNEW there would be a thread about this! I'm currently addicted to the 2nd book! Running on even less sleep than usual because i have no self control and can't put it done at night and go to bed when I should :) I read all the Twilight books and have to say I like this series more so far. Never read Harry Potter.

I loved the book but felt the game was very rushed. Especially towards the end.I liked the casting though :)

I too felt that the games were rushed as well. Not enough time was spent (IMHO) building the Katniss/Peeta love thingy, ditto for the Rue/Katniss angle.

DH and I recently read the books and fell in love. We'd avoided reading them for so long because of how often they were compared to Twilight, but were glad we finally gave them a whirl. :thumbup:

Going to see the movie tonight!

Books were way to rushed. I wish the author was more descriptive. Could of been so much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->