The importance Of Reduced Fetal Movements And Movement Guidelines

Thank you hun. I am glad all is ok. This is a very important post. On how quick they reacted was truly amazing. You had awesome care

wow how scary!!!!
I hope that my body will tell me when there is something happening.....
That is what is terrifying me the most at the moment.... not knowing that something is happening.. :(

OT- glad to hear that you and your baby are all ok now....

ALWAYS get checked girls. I have been in for fetal monitoring and scans SO many times due to reduced movements and even though I've been in loads and the hospital is far away I do it because my daughter is the most important thing to me in this world.

I always feel silly when i panick and go to the hospital , like the midifes think im over reacting.. but I don't care I would rather feel silly going and leving feeling calmer than anything being wrong with my self or my baby.

thats opened my eyes a lot more! glad everything is fine now x

I recently had two days of reduced movement and told myself I'd call the next day but your comments reminded me that the next day could very well be too late if there is truely a problem, thanks!

thank you very much for sharing this....good luck to u and ur baby

thanks for posting this. although i have major trust issues with my local mat unit (long story) i have rung them and got to ring back at 12 once eating incase that stirs him up, he's not moved since tea last night.

I also had an abruption. Luckily I was in hospital at the time.

I had pain in my uterus, which they put down to ligament pain (even though it felt like my bump was a bit of wood) and he hadn't moved since early morning.

I didn't push enough to get his heart rate checked and every day of my life I regret that.

I felt relieved when I felt one weak little kick when really it was nothing to feel relieved over, it just meant he was alive, not that he was well.

At 5pm I had a bleed, but internally I had been bleeding from 9am (the cause of the pain). There was a 10cm clot behind the placenta and by 6.45pm when DS2 was delivered he had suffered from oxygen starvation at some point during or leading up to his birth.

He has cerebral palsy, and it haunts me that had I just been that bit more pushy and asked for his heart rate to be checked it would have been picked up sooner and my little boy would have walked much earlier, he would be able to talk at 4 years old (which he is still unable to do) and so much could have been different.

So go, get your babies bombarded with soundwaves to wake them up!

I had reduced movement last week. I waited 24 hours because I didn't want to be overreacting, but when I went in, they were SO kind to me, and they said they were happy that I went in, because it is very important!!! Turns out after about 30 mins being hooked up to the monitor, he started moving again! YAY!! They thought I could have been in labour because it was picking up all my BH, but I wasn't. lol......
If you ever have the doubt, or the 'not so right' feeling, go into the hospital, the staff should be very understanding! Everything was okay with me, but it's better to be safe than sorry :)

Wow what a story. Reading that birth story actually made me cry what an incredibly traumatic time it must have been!

Makes me feel better about worrying over my silly 25w reduced movements. I didn't go to hospital as she was still kicking a bit but I had a nurse friend come a check me out and she perked back up again. I was very embarrassed and not wanting to make a fuss but if it happens again I will suck it up and just go in.

Thank you ladies for sharing your stories. I know I'm tri-hopping but it's certainly changed my attitude a lot!

I had this didnt go in and he died and had to give birth to him a few days later

you need to keep and eye on them and i so wish i'd gone in earlier and he might be here with me x

Yes, my friend was 37 weeks and had Preeclampsia. She just didn't feel the baby as much. It was a Friday night and she waited until Sunday to go in. She is alright (alive) but had to deliver the baby and then say goodbye. I feel so terrible for her, thank you for allowing me to share this story. It is so sad.

At how many weeks would you say to monitor this from? I feel baby everyday but today has been nothing..... OH told me not to worry but I am worrying.

At how many weeks would you say to monitor this from? I feel baby everyday but today has been nothing..... OH told me not to worry but I am worrying.

My doctor told me about the counting at around 28 weeks. I'm not sure if everyone is told the same though. :hugs:

If you're worried just call the midwife. The worst that can happen if you do go in is that you;re unlucky and get an unsympathetic member of staff dealing with you. But if there is a problem you will be so glad you went. If you don't go I think we are all too aware just what the worst case scenario could be...

I called when I was 18 weeks and was treated seriously - by my own midwife at least. The sister at the hospital was a bit dismissive of me, and questioned whether (it being a 1st baby) I should have been having movements at 18 weeks anyway, but I was and I was so glad when I went and came away reassured all was well. It was just that because I was only 18 weeks the pattern of movements had changed and that's why I wasn't feeling anything anymore.

Be brave hun if you're worried - just call, you'll be glad you did :hugs:

Sam :)

Just go and get checked. ALways better to be safe than sorry x

You should feel kicks everyday. I could still feel him move but could only feel rolls and that was indication on something wrong everyone kept saying they slow down before labour so i didnt think anything of it

I cannot make you understand the importance of slow moving baby and how vital minutes are to keep them alive. I am so desperate for people to be aware so they dont have to go throught the pain and anger that I am going through now, for the sake of a few hour monitoring its worth it. i wished i would have made more of a fuss when i was in hospital but i didnt i want sent home as his HB was fine but i could no longer feel him move. the next day he was dead

please be very aware

love jess x

Thanks for the advice was kept in until today baby had moved as had placenta but I was poorly with high BP and they suspected my blood clot had moved from let to chest (thankfully it happened) but my asthma became uncontrolled so now on new meds.

So thanks for reassuring me to go in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"