The importance Of Reduced Fetal Movements And Movement Guidelines

This is an epic thread, I am truly very much impressed.

I had reduced movements a few days ago, and didnt call the MW, thankfully they picked up and he's back to normal now, but I must admit I did feel like I would be wasting their time with my call, being my 1st I'm not really sure whats normal, and whats not.. I'm keeping a daily kick counter now, so i have something to compare to.

Great thread :winkwink:

Last week I felt my baby move so strongly every single day. It felt amazing I could even feel a little foot poke out from time to time, and I felt the baby's whole body squirm around. We happened to be on a fairly relaxing vacation at the time. Since we have been home again (4 days) I only feel the baby move a few times a day and not nearly as strong as those other days.
It is freaking me out! I do feel more stressed since being home- my life isn't that stressful but we are having some house painting done and I don't like the color it turned out and have to have it re done and for some reason I feel stressed about it!
Anyway- I am a bit nervous that now I am not feeling the baby move as strongly! Is it normal to have periods (days ) of strong activity and then less some at 32 weeks? Like- I just felt the baby move right now but the movements are quite less strong than they were the week we were away.
What does this mean? I don't like it- I would rather be still feeling the stronger movements.

Last week I felt my baby move so strongly every single day. It felt amazing I could even feel a little foot poke out from time to time, and I felt the baby's whole body squirm around. We happened to be on a fairly relaxing vacation at the time. Since we have been home again (4 days) I only feel the baby move a few times a day and not nearly as strong as those other days.
It is freaking me out! I do feel more stressed since being home- my life isn't that stressful but we are having some house painting done and I don't like the color it turned out and have to have it re done and for some reason I feel stressed about it!
Anyway- I am a bit nervous that now I am not feeling the baby move as strongly! Is it normal to have periods (days ) of strong activity and then less some at 32 weeks? Like- I just felt the baby move right now but the movements are quite less strong than they were the week we were away.
What does this mean? I don't like it- I would rather be still feeling the stronger movements.

I have exactly the same as you right now. My baby just hasn't moved as much today so far and had a very quiet night last night, and yet for the past few days (and in fact the past few weeks) he has been very active indeed. His movements are normally quite strong. They tend not to be jabs, except when he kicks my side occasionally (which hurts sometimes, but is a lovely pain if you know what I mean!), but more like strong 'pushes', which turn my belly into amusing shapes, and often fluttering movements further down which I think are his hands/arms moving around. So I am sitting here hoping he will pick up - he *has* moved today, several times, but not as much as usual and as with your baby, his movements have seemed weaker. I'm going to keep an eye on it. Over the past few weeks he has been busy in the evenings, regardless of his activity in the day, so if he's quiet this evening as well, with no strong movements at all, I'm going to give the MW a call.

But from what I've read on this forum, most people, even those with very active babies, experience the odd quiet day here and there. I'm therefore trying to reassure myself that he's just resting up a little today! I'm sure your baby is doing the same :)

I have exactly the same as you right now. My baby just hasn't moved as much today so far and had a very quiet night last night, and yet for the past few days (and in fact the past few weeks) he has been very active indeed. His movements are normally quite strong. They tend not to be jabs, except when he kicks my side occasionally (which hurts sometimes, but is a lovely pain if you know what I mean!), but more like strong 'pushes', which turn my belly into amusing shapes, and often fluttering movements further down which I think are his hands/arms moving around. So I am sitting here hoping he will pick up - he *has* moved today, several times, but not as much as usual and as with your baby, his movements have seemed weaker. I'm going to keep an eye on it. Over the past few weeks he has been busy in the evenings, regardless of his activity in the day, so if he's quiet this evening as well, with no strong movements at all, I'm going to give the MW a call.

But from what I've read on this forum, most people, even those with very active babies, experience the odd quiet day here and there. I'm therefore trying to reassure myself that he's just resting up a little today! I'm sure your baby is doing the same :)

I am 32+5 and exactly the same... I have been in hospital twice recently as I fell (the second time my bump was hurting where I had bumped it so had gone back) and on both occasions her movement/heartbeat has been monitored and is said to be gorgeous... I did mention I get some quiet days and the MW said as long as you get ten movements a day, that is fine (I know some people say don't use that theory but that was the advice I have got from MW). xx

Hi i also had the same as you ladies. A very active baby for about a week then he went very quiet and his movements were very weak. I went up to the hospital yesterday and was strapped to the monitor for an hour....within 30mins he had given me 8 big movements. There were alot more which we could hear and sometimes see but i could only feel a few.
MW also told me to try to count at least 10 movements in 12 hours. Any movements....not just kicks. But if i was at all worried that they were really weak to give them a call.
Ladies if you're worried get yourself checked out. It took an hour of my day and although i felt a bit silly afterwards at least i was reassured that he was fine! Its their job and i didnt exactly put her out yesterday....she put the monitors on then left me to it for the hour, not as if it was alot of extra work for her.
You can never be too safe xx

I am happy to report that once I went to bed last night and really relaxed, my baby's movements totally picked up and I had lots of rolling and tumbling :) I think it was cause I had been stressed out.

GP I was the same.....when i actually sat down still and really concentrated i noticed he was actually moving alot id just been too het up to realise. Poor baba!! x

Im' getting seriously paranoid about baby movements!

I woke up in the morning feeling a bit like cold or flu and later realized that baby didn't move much today. Then I read this thread and rung hospital, went staight away. My baby was sleepy! Thank god for that! We had to wake him/her up with icy water, now is moving like crazy. I'm due in 3 days, and CTG showed regular tightenings, so MW asked if I have any painful contractions. Not yet, although something is starting...

Anyway, thank you for this thread! :)

I had reduced movements a few days ago, and didnt call the MW, thankfully they picked up and he's back to normal now, but I must admit I did feel like I would be wasting their time with my call, being my 1st I'm not really sure whats normal, and whats not.. I'm keeping a daily kick counter now, so i have something to compare to.

Great thread :winkwink:

congratz on you beautiful baby boy, he is adorable :kiss:

Thanks for sharing. God be with you and your daughter :)

Please don't be scared to get checked out as the others have said.

I went to see my obygn when I was pregnant with Devin for my regular appointment at 35 weeks and everything seemed fine, strong heartbeat and everything. However, by the next week at my regular appointment there was no heartbeat. I made the mistake of thinking that after a certain point movements would be significantly reduced because being told they have less room, and what I thought were actual movements were not really him moving at all. I wasn't getting actual kicks just him rolling around in there. Please make sure you get any reduced movements checked. I'm haunted to this day that I never got it checked. :cry:

I haven't felt my little one move much today, a few little kicks here and there. I'm wondering whether it's a good idea to call my midwife? I'm trying not to worry as i had an appointment two days ago and she said everything is fine with me and baby. I'm wondering whether it's normal that when the baby goes head down their movements decrease a little bit because of the position? Thank you for any advice

Oh god.. How many weeks pregnant were you when you had the emergency c section hon?
xx

mariegx - did you get checked yesterday? hope all is well.

mrsjared - I was 33 weeks exactly when I had my c-section x

baby seemed quiet yesterday, and today i've counted 5 or 6 movements, should i call or wait a couple more hours and see if i get up to 10? :wacko:
also who do i call? midwife or hospital? and which part of hospital..antenatal?
Gahh im so clueless :roll: x

baby seemed quiet yesterday, and today i've counted 5 or 6 movements, should i call or wait a couple more hours and see if i get up to 10? :wacko:

its always best to be checked but I will point out that I also felt 'flu like' and my abdomen had a strange hard feeling - I knew it wasn't normal.

It was a weekend and I knew antenatal wouldn't be open so I called Labour ward direct - who were fab! As you are nearly term I would contatc labour ward if you were concerened xx

its always best to be checked but I will point out that I also felt 'flu like' and my abdomen had a strange hard feeling - I knew it wasn't normal.

It was a weekend and I knew antenatal wouldn't be open so I called Labour ward direct - who were fab! As you are nearly term I would contatc labour ward if you were concerened xx

thank you, i rang the day unit and went in and had the monitor on, everything was fine but better safe than sorry :) xx

thank you, i rang the day unit and went in and had the monitor on, everything was fine but better safe than sorry :) xx

That's fab news - definitley better safe than sorry :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->