The Inbetweeners! due date after Christmas but before New Years

Welcome!

So I had my OB appointment today, ive still only gained 3lbs total :growlmad: The one time I actually want to gain weight and I cant! My doctor wasnt concerned at all and said the baby is still growing fine, and im sure it will catch up with me so I guess I will just wait and see! All else is good, I go back in October for my gestational diabetes test my rogram shot and my pertussis shot...joy! :haha:

Welcome halullat!!! Do u know if u are having a boy or girl? Or staying team yellow? On our first page we r keepig track of the genders m due dates :) yay another inbetweener :)!!!!

I just made my glucose test appointment today- they dont me to do it till 28 weeks- and i also made a peditrition interview appoitment for this saturday. Since we will only be here for the first four months after baby im basically picking a PCP based on how they do their circumcisions- ( ps USA girl here and getting one becuz my hubby is circ'd and wants his son to be circ'd too and seeing them done all the time im comfortable with the preocedure). Then once we find out where we are moving for the long haul- ill pick our permenant PCP.

N i picked the car seat n stroller as well this week :) my DH is a runner, hiker ect... So we needed something a lil more heavy duty so we are getting the BOB revolution and the graco stugride 30 car seat with the BOB adapter.... If not in the USA do u have different strollers n car seats to choose from?

Iv been doing crazy research the last few weeks on different baby items lol

Also- i bought a book that i recommend everyone get :) its called baby bargains- it not only helps you find a good deal- they grade different products on not only price but safety and parent satisfaction- i have the 10th edition- they update frequently so make sure u have the newest one. It basically tells u what u need- what is a waste of money on like every product- im loving it- it has especailly helped me pick what car seat, stroller, baby carriers, baby food cribs, playpens, baby proofing house things etc i will be getting. I highly recommend checking it out :)its $14.95 in the USA.

^^^did that sound like an advertisment or what?... But seriously im loving all the info from it :)

Heather and hope- my husband is Muslim and if we were having a boy I would be doing circumcision too. I read that thread and it made me cross
In addition to this my midwife made some really nasty comments about circumcision as it is just not done on the uk apart from religious or medical problem reasons
That thread made me cross!!
Welcome halullat
My GD test is on Tuesday- got to have it as my father has diabetes
Xx

My GTT is at 28 weeks or so, so in October along with my anti-d injection, plus the whooping cough vaccine - although I am really unsure as to whether I want the vaccination or not, but when I've asked the midwife I don't get much information. I wouldn't be so worried about it but I'm not fully vaccinated as I reacted so badly to it as a baby they couldn't give me the follow up shots and I also don't want to have another bad reaction to it during pregnancy! Arrgh!

Hope115 Ha ha! That did sound like an advertisement but it's always good to get detailed reviews as it is so hard to know when something will be worth the money or not!

The ultrasound technician reckoned that it was a boy so we are going with that even though he wriggled so much it was hard for her to see anything clearly! x

My GTT is next Wednesday when I'm about 26 weeks.

My cervical length check went well yesterday... I've been staying stable with just progesterone suppositories and trying to not overdo activity. So it is starting to seem that I might just naturally have a short cervix, not an incompetent or weak cervix, and I'll probably/hopefully be able to carry this baby full term. But I still have three more weeks of cervical checks, so I won't start celebrating just yet. The ultrasound tech didn't really take measurements of the baby, but she did say that she looks about 25 weeks based on her size and that she is definitely growing. She said I am probably just lucky that I haven't packed on the pounds yet and to enjoy it while it lasts, lol. I weighed myself again this morning (25 weeks today, yay!) and still haven't really gained anything from last week. But I am up about 13lbs overall. (I gained almost 10lbs in first trimester.)

Glad to hear everyone's doing well. I've got my glucose test early Oct at 28 wks too. We're having a nightmare trying to decide on travel systems as so many of them seem quite heavy & DH is determined to go for lightest on market.

Re circumcision I have 't thought about it if we have a boy but certainly don't think there's anything wrong with it & many reasons why it makes sense! People can be too opinionated I reckon

Off on holiday tomorrow for a week in turkey - can't wait :)

K x

Bell- im glad everything is looking good :)
Key- im getting the graco travel one- i think it is a lil heavier but the lighter ones werent as stable n since it gonna be our primary crib the fiest four months since we r moving- i went with the safer one- the book i talked about also talks about different travel items :) and have fun on ur trip- a friend of mine went last year n loved it :)

I get my glucose test early Oct as well when I'm 28 weeks. I was given my paperwork today and was told to go a few days before my next appt. I've heard a lot of people talk about that test and not everyone is told to fast for 12hrs prior. It's writen right on my paper stating for the 12 hrs prior I'm only allowed a small amount of certain liqiuds. I'm a little nervous since lately all I want is everything with a hint of sweetness to it.

I cant eat or drink anything starting at midnight and my test is at 0830 AM- so hopefully im not starving... I think i am allowed water though :)- i should prolly check on that.

Mine says I can have a protein breakfast like eggs and milk but nothing sugary or sweet, then when I get there I have to drink their special stuff and wait there for an hour then they will draw my blood and give me the results at my appointment 2 days later. Since I am A- blood type, they need to give me my shot 48 hours after my glucose test since they will be messing with my blood. Next appointment= 2 shots...yippie :haha: all part of being a mama!

I've got to schedule mine next week but it will be for week 28. It says I have to fast for 12 hours....that seems so difficult!! They gave me the drink already and said to refrigerate it and drink it with a straw which will make it easier to go down. Hopefully that helps!

We have just decided to circumcise our baby. DH is also circumcised. We were really thinking hard about it and had actually decided not to do it but after months of research and talking to our doctor we have decided to do it. We got a lot of grief when telling our parents and other close family members when we weren't going to do it. Us deciding to do it had nothing to do with their comments/opinions. Tough decisions!!

Are any of you ladies having a baby shower? I am so excited for mine even though it is so far away. It is planned for the Sat. after Thanksgiving (Nov. 30th)! I have already registered...I feel like I go on every day and change amounts or add and remove things haha!!

Heather mine is October 19th too!! We still have to register though, Im thinking sometime next week we will!

Baby showers aren't as common here in the UK. They sound fun though. My sister is preggo too so we may get together with a few friends since I haven't seen them much since I got pregnant, mostly due to not feeling great.

I'm not having a glucose test either. I think only people who fit a certain criteria have one in the UK (or at least in my area).

Another question for you ladies. Has anyone noticed that their memory is getting worse?? Mine is terrible! I'm so dippy lately!:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->