The Inbetweeners! due date after Christmas but before New Years

Yay i made it to 5 weeks and my bean is the size of an apple seed!!! Yay, does anyone know how far along until it would no longer be considered a chemical pregnancy? My last was a chemical so its on my mind alot this time but i think last time i only made it till 4w3d.

Yay i made it to 5 weeks and my beQuestion:

Hope... I found this... not sure how legit it is, but thought it was interesting..

Up to How Many Weeks Is a Miscarriage Considered a Chemical Pregnancy?
Answer:
A chemical pregnancy is a confusing term for an early miscarriage in which the pregnancy stops developing before an ultrasound would show a gestational sac, thus meaning that the pregnancy can only be proven by checking hCG levels.

In a normally developing pregnancy, a transvaginal ultrasound would show a gestational sac by about 5 weeks after the last menstrual period, assuming a 28-day cycle. So, pregnancies that stop developing before about 5 weeks of gestational age would be considered chemical pregnancies. It is possible for a chemical pregnancy to draw out slightly longer than 5 weeks, however, if the pregnancy has stopped developing but the miscarriage bleeding doesn't begin right away.

Source:

Pagidas, Kelly and Lucia Larson. Medical Care of the Pregnant Patient. ACP Press, 2007. Accessed 1 Dec 2008an is the size of an apple seed!!! Yay, does anyone know how far along until it would no longer be considered a chemical pregnancy? My last was a chemical so its on my mind alot this time but i think last time i only made it till 4w3d.

Hope... I found this... not sure how legit it is, but thought it was interesting..

Ducktales / Heather I know what you mean about the cramping - I'm still getting it a lot and am 5+5 today but like you I'm taking it as a good sign that things are just progressing normally.

Re appetite - I seem to be able to eat a lot more than normal and never seem to feel completely full at the moment! Does anyone else have that?? I don't know if that's the pregnancy or steroids I'm on for NK cells. At this rate I'm sure I'll be massive before I even get to 12 weeks!!

I heard after 18dpo it's no longer a chemical but would be a miscarriage- not sure of the validity of that. I've been cramping ever so mildly for past week off and on. It's funny- when I cramp I worry, when I don't cramp I worry lol.

I feel the same way about the cramping- nervous to feel it but worried when it goes away, but at least my bbs still hurt when the crampig stops which makes me feel better :)

Same thing here, I cant wait for a couple months from now and we are all in the clear. FX for sticky beans for all of us!!

Have we all experienced some kind of loss? I think we are so nervous (i know am) because I don't want to go through it again. A tad bit more nausea for me keeps me thinking positive. Not vomiting, but waves that come and go. Tryin to eat smaller more frequent meals. I haven't had camping, so now I am nervous that I don't and you all do :/
Once in a while a get a "pulling" feeling, depending on how I move and it freaks me out. I feel like if I stretch too much and the little bean isn't all the way attached, like I might dislodge it or something...Does that sound crazy?

I'd like to join as well. :)

As of right now, my due date is 12/29/13 but we're waiting for the first appointment to double confirm.

I'm so nervous, my last pregnancy was ectopic and I had to have methotrexate to end it :( I'm obsessively looking up symptoms on the net and worrying. Last time I had told family and a few friends and work but this time I'm keeping it just for me and my hubby until 12 weeks.
Last night I woke up completely drenched in sweat and I still have this tension headache! My symptoms seem different to others! I do have sore boobs, Occassional waves of nausea and a tummy that I didn't think I would get till 5 months lol.

I really hope all our beans stay put xxx

Amylou, I think your symptoms sound great
I think the chances of it being ectopic again are remote but I know it is hard after you have had a mc
Keep positive, if it is an ectopic you will know
How far along are you and do you have a reassurance scan booked?
Xxx

Hi ducktales

I am 5+2 - tbh I'm not planning on going to the GP for another 2 weeks. That may sound silly but in my mind that way when I go
and get my early scan there should be something DEfinately there. I'm worried that if I go soon and have one there might be nothing there but then I won't know if it is just too early. If I wait till 7 or 8 weeks I will know there should be something, does that make sense???
Last time was complicated and my hopes were up and the I was down and then up again, I just couldn't stand them saying there isn't a heartbeat but it might be too early and then have to keep waiting to see.

I know this probably seems very irrational!!!

Lol! This pregnancy feels very different to the other.
It's great to have you all to talk to as try as he might my hubby just doesn't understand!!! X

No it doesn't sound silly at all.
We were the same, we had a 7 week scan, only a sac with nothing inside, wait 10 days for a follow up to be told no hope a blighted ovum
This time it is a little ivf baby and they scan you at 6 weeks or so to see if it is all in the right place and is developing before you get signed off for normal midwife care.
I had symptoms with both this and my last pregnancy but as it was over 2 years ago I really don't remember my symptoms although I can't remember feeling this rubbish and sick so am hoping it is all good
I think if you are positive when you ovulated then a 7.5 week scan would show everything

You are right, partners don't get it- but they are not the ones feeling it and counting down the days to find out the news!
Good luck I am sure it will all be fine

Also hi to everyone else including the new joiners
Sorry I am rubbish at individuals but don't have a computer at the moment and find it a nightmare to update from my iPhone

Oh dear - it sounds like you have had a tough time :( my ectopic was almost 12 months ago. Anyway no more doom and gloom we are pregnant!!! And the odds are healthy babies will be here soon :) xxx

Ducktales & amylou so sorry to hear about your experiences last time. But everything sounds good in terms of symptoms this time so fingers crossed you'll have a smooth sailing 9mths. I know it's impossible not to stress I'm counting days until my scan!!

Ducktales where was your ivf? We had a couple of failed cycles at guys but had sucess at lister when we egg shared & they identied my natural killer cell issue

I had 2 early m/c too- but this one tested a definate positive about 5 days earlier than those and the symptoms are all different so hoping :)

So kinda freaking out!!! Just got back from the gym and i have some brown-pink colored discharged. Called the doc but they said there is nothing i can do but lay down and if it stops they will see me in 3 weeks and if it turns bright red they will see me tomorrow to confirm miscarriage :(

Hope115 - spotting can be completely normal and it doesn't sound like a lot so try not to worry (easier said than done). It's a horrible waiting game to see what happens but there is nothing you can do except stay calm. How are you today? Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->