*The Loo-La Ladies*

yes sleeping with your mouth open makes a big difference and ff suggests if you sleep with your mouth open to take your tamp vaginally :) maybe next month if af shows take your temp vaginally and see if there is a difference xxx

here ya go from FF Q&A

I notice lower temperatures when I sleep with my mouth open or when I breathe through my mouth at night. Is this normal? What should I do about these temperatures?

When you sleep with your mouth open or breathe through your mouth at night, you may notice that your basal body temperatures are lower than usual. This is not unusual but there is really no way to correct the chart to account for this. If this happens only occasionally (due to nasal congestion with a cold for example) this should not have much impact on your chart. Simply make a note of the circumstances so that you will remember why that temperature seems out of place. One or two unusual temperature points will not usually affect your chart interpretation. You will still likely be able to see your ovulation pattern

yeah so if af comes ( which im hoping she doesnt ) then after af, try take your temp vaginally but you need to stick with it for the entire cycle and you need to insert it the same depth into your vagina each day xxx

How to take the BBT?
You can either take your BBT orally or vaginally.
Leta3 says:
I took mine vaginally the first cycle, this cycle I switched to orally, my temps are eratic no matter which way I take them. I switched to orally taking them when my waking temps were so high. They ranged from 98.4 - 98.6. That made my cover-line 98.7. I thought with the high waking temps that I had a thyroid problem. Doctor even did some blood work. It was just that I didn't know what a big difference it was between the 2. Taking my temps orally they range from 97.4 to 97.9 post Ovulation. Just wanted to let you know so that if you do, dont be surprised if they are high

EileenB says:
I've done both. I switched to vaginally about 3 cycles ago. I prefer it, first of all because I have a tendency to sleep with my mouth open, which ruins the accuracy of an oral reading right after you wake up (how do you know if your mouth was open or closed if you were asleep?). Secondly, I saw that my temps tended to CREEP up orally, but vaginally I get a consistently quick reading, usually in about 40 seconds. Plus, you can fall asleep without having the thermometer drop out of your mouth! Much more comfortable too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When to take the BBT?
Dawn says:
First thing in the morning. Do not move, do not get up to pee, do nothing but pop the thermometer in your mouth or vaginally, if that's your preference.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What if I wake up early?
Add 1/10 of a degree for every half hour that you wake up earlier than your usual time.

What if I wake up late?
Subtract 1/10 of a degree for every half hour that you sleep over your usual time.

***************** Should I keep that temp or ditch it????????????

I have only been up alittle over 35 minutes and it is 98.2 SHOT ME NOW lol

FF Q&A

I have heard that temping vaginally is more accurate than temping orally. Should I try it?

Most people are able to see their ovulation pattern clearly enough while temping orally. When temperatures are very rocky and ovulation cannot be detected, it is usually due to poor temperature-taking habits (especially not taking the temperature at the same time). If you are certain that you are taking your temperature accurately and you are still getting a great deal of fluctuation, you may find it helpful to take your temperature vaginally. If you plan to take your temperature vaginally, wait for a new cycle to start. Do not change from oral to vaginal readings within the same cycle as this will disrupt your interpretation since vaginal temps are typically higher than oral temperatures. To take your temperature vaginally, just insert the tip of the thermometer into your vagina in the morning and record your temperature as usual.

yeah so if af comes ( which im hoping she doesnt ) then after af, try take your temp vaginally but you need to stick with it for the entire cycle and you need to insert it the same depth into your vagina each day xxx

:thumbup: I think that is my best bet because I am a OPEN mouth sleeper LOL Thanks for the info hun xo :hugs:

FF Q&A

I have heard that temping vaginally is more accurate than temping orally. Should I try it?

Most people are able to see their ovulation pattern clearly enough while temping orally. When temperatures are very rocky and ovulation cannot be detected, it is usually due to poor temperature-taking habits (especially not taking the temperature at the same time). If you are certain that you are taking your temperature accurately and you are still getting a great deal of fluctuation, you may find it helpful to take your temperature vaginally. If you plan to take your temperature vaginally, wait for a new cycle to start. Do not change from oral to vaginal readings within the same cycle as this will disrupt your interpretation since vaginal temps are typically higher than oral temperatures. To take your temperature vaginally, just insert the tip of the thermometer into your vagina in the morning and record your temperature as usual.

If no AF this month next month vaginal it is :blush:

here ya go from FF Q&A

I notice lower temperatures when I sleep with my mouth open or when I breathe through my mouth at night. Is this normal? What should I do about these temperatures?

When you sleep with your mouth open or breathe through your mouth at night, you may notice that your basal body temperatures are lower than usual. This is not unusual but there is really no way to correct the chart to account for this. If this happens only occasionally (due to nasal congestion with a cold for example) this should not have much impact on your chart. Simply make a note of the circumstances so that you will remember why that temperature seems out of place. One or two unusual temperature points will not usually affect your chart interpretation. You will still likely be able to see your ovulation pattern

I am cramping like AF could be here any minute :wacko:

stop taking your temp lol your supposed to go with the first temp and thats it :) i wouldnt mess with the temp tbh i would judt leave it but make sure you put in the time you took it at. like on ff i have my time set automatically for 9am and when i take it earlier or late i change the time from 9am, i dont change it xxx

here ya go from FF Q&A

me too they're so frequent but not as strong as af cramps mine are milder xxx

Thanks again Sarah as I said yesterday your VERY mature for your age and I really appreciate the info you always gather for me,I paid for FF and cant seem to get as much info where do you go on there 2 get this info
Hugs

i would love to temp vaginally but i am a nose breather i use vix because my left nostril ALWAYS gets blocked at night but not anymore, i sleep on my belly and i know i dont sleep with my mouth open, but i dont think 1 month of vaginal temping could do me any harm, i may give it a go too :hugs: xxx

here ya go from FF Q&A

me too they're so frequent but not as strong as af cramps mine are milder xxx

yes mine arent as bad as if she were here but they are there and I am stuffy so we will see...COME ON show us those BFP
WOhoOOOoOOOoOO I am also in a great mood this am :happydance:

i would love to temp vaginally but i am a nose breather i use vix because my left nostril ALWAYS gets blocked at night but not anymore, i sleep on my belly and i know i dont sleep with my mouth open, but i dont think 1 month of vaginal temping could do me any harm, i may give it a go too :hugs: xxx

:happydance::happydance: LETS GET THOSE BFP IF NOT WE WILL VAGI TEMP LMAO :haha:

Thanks again Sarah as I said yesterday your VERY mature for your age and I really appreciate the info you always gather for me,I paid for FF and cant seem to get as much info where do you go on there 2 get this info
Hugs

thank you :) and your welcome

here is the link for FF QandA

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/index.html#3

Sarah should I keep that temp or use the one from awake after a few minutes which was 97.4 and now it is 98.3 which is my HIGHEST I am soooooooo confused....... What would u do
My mouth was sooooo dry secong temp I HADNT did nothing but woke up and walk 10 feet to bathroom and checked temp again
I mean that drop was like WOWZA

use your first temp that you took when you woke up, thats what i would do :) just put in the time you took it at xxx

******** I promosed myself NO pregnancy tests so I did an ovulation,After I ovulated it went neg NO LINE at all NOW the line back but only 1/2 as dark
Yep I am addcited LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->