the madhouse!!! All crazies welcome :) x

Well, I couldnt resist the call of the test in the cupboard and.......

:bfp::happydance::happydance::happydance: (12-13dpo!)

Thanks for all the baby dust. PLease pray that this little one sticks tight.

Have to go and finish getting ready for work and get J to nursery. How am I going to concentrate today!?!?!?

xx

Congratulations Shinona
:happydance::happydance::happydance:

CONGRATULATIONS :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: I had a feeling u were!! U will walk around in a foggy haze all day but tmoro u will be a lot calmer but it still dosnt feel real to me and my ic was quite abit darker this morning! :cloud9: congrats again me and u are sooo close together my due date will be 1st october. When was the 1st day of ur last period? Xxx congrats again xxxX

I think you ovulate when the OPK has gone back to negative Lucy Lu xx

That's what I thought too Katie, but I can't find anything to confirm for sure - I think it's because most people are happy just to see the +opk and don't go on testing to see how long the surge lasts! :blush::haha:

EDIT - I just found this actually katie from this peeonastick.com website - so looks like it's one of those things we will never know for sure!

"21. Does ovulation occur while my test is positive, or will the OPK become negative again first?
Ovulation occurs shortly after LH levels peak. However, there is no way to predict whether your OPK will still be showing a positive result during the actual moment of ovulation or whether your OPK will go back to negative first. Remember that it takes time for the hormones in your bloodstream (such as LH) to be metabolized into your urine. By the time your LH surge is reflected in your pee, it has already been peaking in your blood for a short while. Likewise, after your blood levels go down, it takes awhile for your pee levels to decrease.

Because of this "lag time" and the fact that you can't predict how long it will take your body to metabolize LH into and out of your urine, there is no way to know whether your egg follicle actually ruptured while your OPK was positive, or after the OPK became negative again."

You can't take anything for granted in this TTC game can you? :dohh:

Ain't that the truth :wacko: - all my second guessing yesterday and I finally got a very positive opk last night at 10pm, so I just had a really gradual build up of LH this month - really different from usual. Most months, I get a really faint test line followed quite suddenly by a +opk. It's still positive this morning even on FMU so I guess I could ovulate today or tomorrow still.

Love the ticker stacey! And so good to hear your lines keep getting darker. I don't think you will be getting a visit from the :witch: this week :winkwink:

Big congrats Shinona! That is great news.

Jasmine_Rose - hope the time goes quickly and March comes round very soon! Just a thought on the holiday tho - would it be better to start trying sooner so you could be further along in a way by the time holiday arrives, rather than in the early stages with possible morning sickness. :blush: Sorry tell me to bog off - I am a nosey cow! :haha:

I just had a nosey at your chart Katie - it looks like ovulation is coming in a few days don't you think? If you've been putting w in the CM row for the last few days - isn't that the forerunner to getting EWCM? x

Well done on the +opk lucy!!! I'm hoping and preying u will be joining us this month!!!! And everyone else waiting to test or waiting to ov. Good luck
I'm glad u like the tickers girls! Should have my laptop fixed by next week so can post some pics on my tests for u ladies xX :dust: :dust: xx

Very true Lucy
But oh well just dont think were ready yet. Not that Im using anything to prevent so I suppose my offical status would be NTNP at the mo.

Very true Lucy
But oh well just dont think were ready yet. Not that Im using anything to prevent so I suppose my offical status would be NTNP at the mo.

It's got to feel right for you hasn't it, that is the most important thing. Take care hun, glad you and OH are starting to get back on track :hugs:

Well done on the +opk lucy!!! I'm hoping and preying u will be joining us this month!!!! And everyone else waiting to test or waiting to ov. Good luck
I'm glad u like the tickers girls! Should have my laptop fixed by next week so can post some pics on my tests for u ladies xX :dust: :dust: xx

Thanks jacksmummy keep your fingers and toes crossed for me and OH! - well I am officially a sex pest - OH was tired last night and blatantly not up for it, he was laughing at me and said 'like you're going to let me go to sleep!' :blush:.

I am getting much more intense and more days of ovulation cramps and EWCM this month - hope that is all a good sign! I am just impatient for that opk to go negative again now and for my EWCM to clear up so I know we're in the 2ww! I really want to test on Sat 29th as we have a big party to go to, so I'd like to know that day if we have been lucky so I definitely don't drink any alcohol (either way I'm not going to be able to get drunk, as the 'what if' will be hanging over my head) - it's still a little earlier than I wanted to test this month tho - will only be 9 or 10 DPO.

Sorry I keep going on - every other post is from me :blush:- it's just great to be able to offload on here. And so exciting to see all the bfps coming through! :happydance:

If my temp stays the same or even goes up a teeny bit tomorrow, FF will confirm ov happened on Sunday, as I thought. Phew!

My temp is quite likely to go up...I found out today I've been using the thermometer wrong and not waiting for the beeps :dohh:

:dohh: tell them what you have been doing :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry I only really know Katie - I seen that she was here and I wondering if she was telling you guys about the thermometer!! I just think it's hilarious... But Katie probo doesn't...

Congrats to all the :bfp: on this thread and lots of :dust: and :hug: for those still going through this TTC malarchy!!

Hi firstbaby 25 welcome and thanks for the congrats how long have u been trying?
Katie what have u done silly?? Xxx
Lucy I love ur posts they make me laugh and give me something to read!
Jasmine ur best to start trying when it feels rite for u! I hope the docs can help this time xxx

:hi: jacks mummy - I think I stopped by this thread on one occassion before. I am in my third month of trying and I see that was lucky for you :thumbup: in fact the last time I came on this thread you and I were the same DPO but I have been having a longer cycle this time! Have you been POAS loads? I think I will when I get my :bfp: after so many :bfn: you wouldn't believe it... I have my digi's at the ready!

Katie hasn't been waiting for the beeps!! Her temps are wrong and it's very likely she ovlated sunday :happydance: but i thought it funny that she has been all :shrug: :shrug: and then someone was like 'have you waited for the beeps' and she's all like 'NO'

Lucy Lu - here is my chart at FF. It changed back to day 15 this morning when I entered my temp. :shrug: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3225dd/rss8064

Glad you finally got your +OPK - I'm trying to use preseed, but with all my EWCM it's like a tidal wave down there plus DH doesn't like it to slippery. We only got to use it once :wacko:

Shinona - congrats on the BFP - It's so wonderful to hear everyone's success! It gives me hope that my time is coming!

Is anyone trying for a specific sex? I already have 2 girls and so I would love a little boy. Therefore I don't let DH spill the beans until I actually get the +OPK - trying to time those :spermy: close to ovulation...Since i've been TTC for 4 mos, I'm getting impatient and just want that BFP. My DH's best friends both have sons, so i know he has a strong desire for it as well!

:hi: jacks mummy - I think I stopped by this thread on one occassion before. I am in my third month of trying and I see that was lucky for you :thumbup: in fact the last time I came on this thread you and I were the same DPO but I have been having a longer cycle this time! Have you been POAS loads? I think I will when I get my :bfp: after so many :bfn: you wouldn't believe it... I have my digi's at the ready!

Katie hasn't been waiting for the beeps!! Her temps are wrong and it's very likely she ovlated sunday :happydance: but i thought it funny that she has been all :shrug: :shrug: and then someone was like 'have you waited for the beeps' and she's all like 'NO'

Jaynie have you just been round the entire website telling people? :rofl: At least I can laugh about it....:dohh:

Ha katie :haha: it is funny though! I really am chuckling, but for you it's a bit if you don't laugh you will cry!

You're quite right..it is funny. :haha: OH has had a good laugh as well. He's always on about how someone so academically 'intelligent' (I studied Law too) can be so thick!

At least you know your temp would of been higher and not lower...so if you were always ending early your trend would still be the same - just maybe up a few tenth of degrees! Don't worry too much - we all are just too excited and impatient!

:dohh:

Jen jen I would love this baby to be a girl if I'm honest but I'll be happy either way x

:rofl: yeah me and my OH have a saying about me and he'll say 'what are ya?' :haha: and the answer is 'ficker than a fick dog!' Dunno why that's funny just gets me everytime :rofl:

did you really? I never knew... Where etc etc?! Horrible isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->