The MILF Club!

I do feel bad for her, what a horrible thing to deal with....tho it doesnt excuse her acting like a twat!:)

My Dad is back to climbing mountains, skiing and snowboarding, horse riding... So I think he's pretty damn good! :thumbup:

Hope MIL is back to her annoying self soon!

Glad to hear your dad is feeling better, Ellie :)

That's awesome Ellie! What kind of cancer was it?

DH's dad passed in 2004 due to a rare kind of cancer, don't know the name of it but it actually first showed up in his ribs. He was a chemical engineer so he was around a lot of questionable material that could've triggered it.

My Dad had both liver and testicular. He's a trooper. He was also in a bad accident when I was a child, he badly damaged his spine playing rugby and at one point they thought he may never walk again! He's in his 50's now and he's still going strong! He ran a marathon about 2 years ago! :haha:

Sorry about DH's dad Kristin. That sounds very rare alright.

Wow Ellie your dad is super active!

Cancer is my biggest fear too Bev. My grandma had adrenal cancer (very rare) that was undetected and spread to other organs. She put up a very good fight but lost her battle in 2007 at only 64 (just four days shy of her 65th birthday). At one point that seemed so old to me but I'm already halfway there!

It seems everyones lives are affected by cancer somehow. My family are riddled. Very sad.

Wishing good health to all of you ladies and your families.

X

Becky - Glad your date went well :D

HM - Hope your MIL is ok, cancer is a horrible thing :( :hugs:

July - Glad your Dad is better :D Great that he is doing lots of fun things :flower:

Cancer is not as prevelent in my family.....tho its riddled with heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, etc. My grandma has diabetes, kidney failure, and lost her leg three years ago due to the diabetes. So for me diabetes is a big fear.,,,

Your poor Grandma Meli! Sorry to hear that. :hugs: Diabetes is a worry for me too.

Sounds like my family too Meli though my mom's sister was diagnosed with breast cancer a couple years ago but she's doing great.

It sucks but at least preventative screening and all sorts of treatment are available. What might've been a death sentence for someone a few decades ago or more is now treatable. Not perfect but better. Yay science :)

I know. A lot of things are easily treated now once caught in time. I had to have some tests done on a mole/freckle/birthmark thing, it wasn't cancerous but when I read something about skin cancer I was glad I checked it out. Better to be safe than sorry :)

Very true...i always worry about D because he stays away from docs like the plague and in ten years is when we start to do breast or prostate screenings....immnot sure hell go:-(

Hi ladies,

How are we all today?

All i can say is thank goodness its friday!!

So my car exhaust fell off, then my pushchair got a puncture, my washing machine wont drain... And to top it all off... I lost my job today!!!

On a positive note, i have a second date tomorrow :lol: and i did 100 crunches this morning!!

X

Ohhh, im so sorry youre having a crappy day becky! Losing your job sucks:-( why did they let you go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->