The MILF Club!

Hi, welcome nerdymama:hi:

Oh man! Pizza delivered to the room?! Now why didnt i think of that?:haha:

Yeah hospital food isn't so great and why I stuck to yogurt and fruit. The fruit was amazing. Good fresh stuff.

Welcome nerdymama!

Hi nerdymama! :wave:

I would've eaten a stinky old shoe afterwards :haha: I was starving! I had my last meal at 6:30 am on a Tuesday and didn't eat again for a little over 24 hours. The best part - I got to have french toast with loads of syrup! I had gestational diabetes so my breakfasts were eggs and toast each morning - boring!!!!!

With B i didnt even hold her right away, i showered and ate first!:dohh:

Lol guess I lucked out my hospitals menu was just awesome! I think i had turkey and mashed and ice cream! Hehe lucky me ;)

Welcome, NerdyMama!

I actually didn't mind the hospital food at all!

Welcome NerdyMama! :wave:

I'm hoping I don't have to stay in the hosp for long, if I have a normal natural birth how long will I need to stay in the hosp with me being a FTM? Or is it different everywhere?

It's usually one night. Mine was two as I needed a blood transfusion.

One night still sounds horrible, I've heard such horror stories like the nurses wont watch baby while you nip to the loo & theres babies screaming 24/7 cos their mums wont pick them up.. :nope:

None of the midwives would watch my baby either, the just told me to go to the toilet and she'd be fine but it was horrible when I got back and she was crying :(

It's not toooo bad. Most of the midwives are lovely, they're just so busy. It's nice if you can get talking to a mummy in the next bed, it helps to pass the time :)

Yeah, hopefully I get a half decent person in the bed next to me :rofl: failing that I'll come on here using my phone and mither you lot :thumbup:

Here it is 36 hours from birth for natural or 72 for c-section.... although apparently you can leave against medical advice earlier, wish I had known that!

My first thought after birth was a mixture of I want to breastfeed cuz a million ppl told me how important it is to do asap and get me some freakin' ice for my hooha! :) That and please mom do NOT post the pics you just took of me and baby covered in blood on fb. Awesome!

Amy isn't your OH going to be with you at the hospital? He can watch the baby while you pee or shower or whatever.

I was in the hospital 3 nights with the c-section and was still considered as going home "early", had to have a visiting nurse come to my house as a requirement!

I wish I could squat and pop out this one and be out in a day. Then kick MIL out of my house. She has this fantasy that she'll be staying longer to help with the new baby. I've dropped many subtle hints that it won't be necessary but I think I might have to break it down in words she will understand i.e. GO HOME.

I live in alberta and here its 24 hours from birth and i think two or three days for section...amy, hopefully bri can stay with you at the hospital so you can take your time in the bathroom! Bathroom trips after birth can be lengthy!:

Yeah HM but here Bri would be able to stay between 9-9 but if anybody else would wanna come at visiting time (dinner time I think) he'd have to leave. He's not aloud to stay overnight so I think from about 9pm I'd be on my own til the morning. Not 100% sure on the exact times but thats how it works.

I don't fancy having people in my house when I get home either, hopefully your DH will tell her you want family bonding time! If she doesn't get the hint he'll have to be blunt, I swear I'll force OH to boot his mum out if she smothers us, although thats unlikely.. x

Awww, amy that sucks! Ide have hated to be alone my first night!

Definitely sucks! So your OHs get to stay with you? That's ace! My main reason of not wanting to stay in is cos I don't wanna be without Bri our first night as parents :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->