The MILF Club!

Yeah OH's can stay over, at least where I live. Sorry Brian can't stay overnight :hugs:

That sucks that your hubby doesn't get to stay! And that you have to share a room :shock: We get our own room and hubby can stay as long as he wants. Owen won't be there during labor and delivery but he'll be spending the night with us afterwards. Last time we had to go back to the hospital because he was jaundice and OH and I both stayed two nights with him. OH and Owen got to stay with me too when I had my gallbladder removed three weeks after I had him. Our healthcare system has it's ups and downs but I'm so glad we all get to stay together.

It sounds great that they let you all stay together!
The only way I'd be able to get my own room is by paying a hell of a lot of money for private health care. I'll be put onto a ward of about 6 ladies I think, I think you go in a private room for about an hour after birth to recover though, not 100%. X

I get a private room where I go but it's not guaranteed. If we have a surprise influx of laboring mamas, then the private room goes out the window. But they said that having to share a room is extremely rare.

It sucks that they don't let partners stay overnight here. My husband said he would have been happy just sleeping in the chair at the side of the bed but they just wouldn't let him :(

I agree with HM - they should let them stay. The first few nights are so hard. I remember being up with Owen for a five hour nursing marathon the first night :shock: I wouldn't have gotten through it without OH.

Oh god :nope:

I'm hoping I do what OHs cousin did (she was a ftm) she had baby early hours in the morning like 3am and went home around 5/6pm the same day so because she gave birth in the night her OH got to stay with her and they went home and spent their first proper night together.
Might refuse to push til early hours :rofl:

Just keep pushing him back in if he tries to escape early :rofl:

:haha:

Just have OH hide in the bathroom when nurses come to check on you. They won't even know he's there :)

We have free healthcare but we have to pay extra if we want a private room...you only share with one other lady anyways! And thats just after you have the baby...you labor alone thank goodness!

I had my own labour room, but ended up getting rushed to theatre for an emergancy c section, LO was born at 11.30pm, i went back to my own labour room for about an hour with my LO and my mum who was my birthing partner, and FOB popped in to meet LO. Then mum and FOB were made to leave and i got put on a ward of sleeping mums and babies (about 6 of them!) at around 2am. But i was the annoying new comer, because LO cryed every 10mins, and i had to sound an alarm that echoed round the whole maternity ward, to get a MW to pick up LO and pass him to me as i couldnt move from the waste down!

As a first time mum it was incredibly daunting with a 2 hour old baby and no one familiar around me for support. It was very scary. I didnt know what i was doing and was very confused.

Mum came back to visit around 8am. I stayed in one more night and then got discharged.

The MWs were reletively helpful. But to them its a job that they do day in day out. For me it was all new and very scary and i found they made me feel silly for not really knowing what i was doing. But nothing can prepare you for suddenly being responsible for a newborn. My experience wasnt great.

And the food was yukky!!

x

The stories I've heard sound the same as yours Becky, damn I'm dreading the hospital stay!
How's being official going?! :D x

Here DHs can stay no problem, we have a private room and there is a mattress or long chair for daddys. I cannot imagine that first night without him. I gave birth at 9.05pm so it was a long one after that!

I hope you are able to get out of the hospital quickly! :hugs:

Even on my third baby i needed my husband by my side...more for emotional support than anything. There a chair that folds out into a bed beside the hospital bed, not to comfy but does the trick for a night:) but amy dont worry we will all be with you in spirit....and on the internet!

Becky, hows things with mr official?;-)

Mr. Official is just fine :lol:

Its incredibly early days, we have absolutely nothing in common lol, but our relationship morals and values are the same, and we are an exact match between the sheets!!! We have plenty to talk about, its just our music/film/tv tastes are different. He laughs at me, but i give as good as i get! He told me on the phone we share a sense of humour... Because i havent got one!! It took me a while to get it :-(

He also text me yesterday saying "I probably shouldnt say this... But i actually miss you today" I ignored it and got one back a while later saying "Aaaaah i miss you too jon" and i simply said "You take up brain space". I geuss i was trying to say i think about you loads without saying i miss you. But im geussing its a good sign???!!!!!

x

Me and OH aren't into the same films/tv/music either, we get along fine :D
Sounds like things are going well!! X

DH and I aren't even from the same generation so he makes fun of me constantly for not understanding his cultural references.... but if we did have the same tastes it would be a lot less interesting!

DH and I aren't even from the same generation so he makes fun of me constantly for not understanding his cultural references.... but if we did have the same tastes it would be a lot less interesting!

:rofl: Me and OH have 9 years age gap, so its kinda like this! When he talks about his childhood I wasn't even born :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->