• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

!!The Milky Mommy Weightloss Thread!!

I am always gung-ho motivated and than I get a setback. Like I was sick last week so didn't feel like moving, let alone getting on the exercise wagon. So now I'm kicking myself because I basically have to start over. I have been good and got in workouts the past two days. Today I even hopped on the elliptical and that thing seriously kicks my ass every time. But I managed 7 minutes on a level three resistance and that is seriously the longest I've went on that without wanting to die.

I actually think putting a ton of mirrors in our exercise room would help me. Because I'd see my self and be disgusted and than be more motivated. :rofl:

I think the breastfeeding is keeping the weight on for me too. I really do. Because it's NEVER been this hard to lose weight before. I mean, I've been losing it fairly quickly now that I'm actually working my ass off but I am literally working so hard at it. I sweat buckets every time I workout. :sick: It helps that my DH is gone. He is the reason I'm fat too. Seriously that man can eat and I sit beside him and try to keep up. He always wants to go out to eat too. And I could go out right now, eat a big mac, and I would gain five pounds just from that. It's insane. I can put on weight SO easily. :growlmad:

Okay that was my little rant. :haha: I made some lasagna last night and ended up having it for dinner and later I felt snacky so I ate 2 more servings...:blush: Food is really an addiction for me.

Well i guess i had a good day..I didn't end up working out today, my calves were still hurting from the running i did the last two days. So i'm taking a break today and plus i had a job i had to do and i had alot of running around to do, and so i was tired.

I think i need to start eating more then 2 meals a day. I usually have lunch and dinner and thats it, and my lunch is not very big. Well i guess i'll see how i'm doing on Friday and see what i need to improve in. Hope everyone had a good day!!!

I'm the same. Only 2 meals a day and usually a snack in the evening. I started out losing weight by eating a small breakfast every morning too. I pretty much had to force myself to make it. I am NOT a morning person. Emma's breakfast is usually cheerios or oatmeal which takes 1 minute to prepare. :blush: I usually just can't muster the energy to make a real breakfast. So I just don't eat. So I did like a week of making breakfast when I started last month with weight loss. But than something happened. I always find dumb excuses to stop. :haha:

That sounds exactly like me!! hhaah...Well i bought some special K cereal with the red berries and i like that kind so we'll see if i will actually start eating breakfast!!

Hey girls - well I pigged out over xmas and new year :blush:

But..... I've thrown out all the chocolates and cakes now and I'm ready to start fresh. I'll weigh Fri and update - but I reckon I've put on at least a couple of pounds.

Cleckner - I know what you mean about food addiction. If there's a big bag of sweets/biscuits/cakes etc in the house, I can't just have one, or a handful - I have to eat until they're gone!

I'm going to try and go for more walks with LO in the Mei Tai, but I've got no idea how I'll fit exercise in when I go back to work

oh god, i have slowwwly started to make the changes, where i will actually think about what im eating.
ALTHOUGH, i stupidly have moments of weakness where i munch on a couple of biscuits with my tea (a real bad habit), and the odd choc piece. i really need to stop this.

will try and go for a walk today.

I don't know if I'll get much exercise in today. I've got a teething LO, who also happens to have a cold. I got very little sleep last night. Now I feel like I might be coming down with the cold too (courtesy of OH). I'll try to make the effort when LO goes for a nap, but I'm thinking it might be some simple Yoga instead of a full workout.

As for the overeating...I can totally relate to you girls. I've found that when OH is at work, I eat so much more. I snack all day long. I don't do it so much when he's around, because he comments on it, and keeps me in check. He just returned to work this morning, after being off for a week and a half. I'm hoping that because I didn't snack as much when he was here, I can stay in that habit and not over eat today.
Also, regarding breakfast, I NEVER used to eat it. I always felt sick in the morning if I ate it. Now I find if I eat something with a little protein in it (PB and toast), or some whole wheat (bowl of Shreddies), I feel much fuller and won't eat again until lunch time. Where if I have something sugary, or not as filling, I'll snack again before lunch.

I need in. I bought yet another jacket on line that i cant get closed! its my size only i have big boobs and waist. really pissed off . no point on sending it back theres no more in bigger sizes and it was on sale. Last jacket i bought was the same! if i want one that fits its drowns me as apparently I am meant to have really long arms or something the fatter i am. I need to slim in to these clothes. I know I am 15 stone. fat bitch :( I dont even get sleep now and i heard you need sleep to loose weight so thats a bad start!

I'm the same way, Dragonfly! I went to zip up my coat yesterday, and had to suck in my belly! My boobs are about the right size now, because they were small-ish before I started nursing. Now they seem to fit me better. Hopefully they don't deflate too much when I stop nursing!
Don't beat yourself up too much! You're not a "fat bitch"!! You have two beautiful children, who I'm sure are worth every extra pound on your body. You'll lose it, it just takes some work! :hugs:
And you don't NEED sleep to lose weight, it just helps, and makes it easier. If all of us mommies can lose weight being as sleep deprived as we are, then you can too!!

my zip dosnt even meet its miles from meeting! i need to starve myself for this to fit and when i looked at it i thought it looked massive and would defo thing. i am fatter than i think. I hate me like this i was like this years ago then lost loads of weihgt and felt great then put it all on again with having children and more.

I didn't weigh in on Friday - couldn't face it after I was doing so well and I'm pleased I didn't. Got my first AF this morning - I don't really understand how as we are BLW and he is taking more milk than ever and started waking through the night for feeds. Boo

Yeah I think the AF thing is just completely random. People always say it's when feeds drop, etc but I don't think that is necessarily true. Emma has always been a frequent feeder but the bitch got me at 9.5 months. :dohh: Sorry she got you too. :hugs:

Well I have been weighing myself every day. I knew I had gained a pound by yesterday. It's my own fault because I ate all that lasagna and I ate all that fried shrimp for new years eve. But yesterday I did the elliptical and my exercise bike for 40 minutes so this morning I was back down to my last weigh in weight. Thank god. Now if I can actually manage to lose a pound for this weeks weigh in. I want to at least lose a pound a week. I nearly did the same thing yesterday by eating a bunch of pasta when I was snacky at night. I even put it on the stove and started reheating it. But I mentally kicked myself and took it off and put it back. I had crackers and cheese instead. Still not the healthiest snack but it's better than pasta!

I'm doing my best not to start snacking right now.
I've started cutting down my portion sizes, because I'm a massive pig when it comes to eating.
They say it takes a while to get used to the smaller portions, but to stick with it and you'll feel full after a while.
I just ate a smaller portion of pasta for lunch (still bigger than what I'm supposed to be eating, but less than I usually eat) and now I want to eat something else. I'm hoping I'll be able to resist the urge to eat. I know I don't need anymore!!

Yay me!
LO went down for a nap, so instead of snacking (like I REALLY wanted to), I did a 20 minute workout in the elliptical instead! I can't believe how motivated I am today, despite being tired, and having the beginnings of a cold!

you girls have motivated me today! I was just thinking I'm too tired to work out today but if all of you can do it so can I.

70lbs i need off. :( even 50 i be happy.need to stop eating crap. help

70lbs i need off. :( even 50 i be happy.need to stop eating crap. help

Have you set mini-goals for yourself? I try to lose 5 lbs at a time and the reward myself with a non-food related reward for instance a new work out top or a new nail polish or mascara. It makes my goal feel more attainable.

yesterday was not a brilliant day, my sister has come up to visit for a few days and i didnt get my walk in.
im taking her shopping so it WILL happen today.

oh and im making lasagne today :(

Well i had a really good day today!! Ate well and got in a workout!! I'm feeling a little peckish but i might grab a granola bar and a yogurt cause i still have like 12 points left...hahah...Hope everyone is having a good night!!

Well done curlykate!

DF (and everyone else) - try not to put yourself down like that! I believe in the theory that what you tell your brain, it tries to achieve. So if you call yourself fat and worthless, your brain will act as though you are fat and worthless. If you tell yourself that you are successful at eating healthily and imagine yourself at your ideal size, your brain will take steps to make that thought a reality.

I had a form of NLP done by my GP using this method (for one hour) and it helped me give up smoking. He's retired now, or I'd go back and ask him to do the same about food!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->