• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

!!The Milky Mommy Weightloss Thread!!

70lbs i need off. :( even 50 i be happy.need to stop eating crap. help

Have you set mini-goals for yourself? I try to lose 5 lbs at a time and the reward myself with a non-food related reward for instance a new work out top or a new nail polish or mascara. It makes my goal feel more attainable.
I do that as it is way to much :wacko:suppose I could limit it to treats sir weight loose. I get no time to exercise with kids and just grab crap to eat as I am hungry. not buying no more crap food. I have to stick to this.

I have a store like 2 seconds down the rd from me and OH will do whenever I want... which is so sweet but VERY BAD for my ass... LOL

I would love to join! I'm ready to hop on the wagon and get this weight off so I can try for baby #2 in June of this year!

Gah!! WTF???
I did 60 minutes of exercise yesterday, and cut down all my portion sizes. I felt hungry all evening, because I didn't snack, and when I had to get up with LO at 1 this morning, I even felt a little hungry (but not starving).
After all that yesterday, somehow I've gained 5 pounds overnight!!! Now I'm back up to 178!
I don't understand?!?! I felt so good about weighing myself this morning. I knew I wouldn't have lost any, but I was so certain the number wouldn't go up after yesterday, and it did!
This is what I hate. All that work yesterday, for apparently nothing. Which means I'll probably eat more today, after convincing myself it's not worth it. I'm gonna try so hard not to do that.

Curlykate- Could be af coming? We retain water and bloat etc... don't be too discouraged hun! You did well and if you keep on doing that you will lose weight! It takes time :hugs: but on the other hand.... I would have been pissed too!

Don't weigh yourself daily, your weight always fluctuates. I usually weigh in once a week.

The 5 pounds could be water weight or be due to salt or something you ate yesterday, but it doesn't sound accurate. You would have to had eaten 17,500 calories with no exercise in one day to gain 5 pounds.

3500 cals= 1 pound

Curlykate- Could be af coming? We retain water and bloat etc... don't be too discouraged hun! You did well and if you keep on doing that you will lose weight! It takes time :hugs: but on the other hand.... I would have been pissed too!
I'm CD18 today. I'm not actively charting, just keeping track as af just returned a week before Christmas, and I'm wondering how long my cycles are (was on bcp for 9 years before conceiving LO)
Don't weigh yourself daily, your weight always fluctuates. I usually weigh in once a week.

The 5 pounds could be water weight or be due to salt or something you ate yesterday, but it doesn't sound accurate. You would have to had eaten 17,500 calories with no exercise in one day to gain 5 pounds.

3500 cals= 1 pound
I weigh myself pretty much every day. I know that it fluctuates all the time, and only take one day a week as my "official" weight. I'm just curious, and don't want to wait to see my weight.

Don't forget muscle weighs more than fat also. So if you did a killer workout, it just built up some good muscle for you. My first two weeks of losing I only lost like .6 or whatever a week because I was actually building muscle. :hugs: Don't give up hope hun. I know it's frustrating when those scales don't move. I weigh myself every day as well. I'm much too curious not to and it actually helps keep me motivated.

I weigh myself every day as well. I'm much too curious not to and it actually helps keep me motivated.

heh. I'm the complete opposite which is why I only weigh once a week. If I saw my weight everyday I would get discouraged and be more prone to give up.

Another good way to see if you're getting results is to take your measurements. I usually take mine at the beginning of the month and then again at the end to see if I've changed or lost inches. I find it's more accurate than a scale because a scale factors in muscle as well.

If I notice my weight is higher in the week it makes me frustrated for like a second and than I just think 'well I'll just work harder the rest of the week'. So I do get upset but it doesn't last long and I always work out even harder the next day IYKWIM.

I have zero junk food in my house so I don't really have the option to go eat a bunch of food. I have an advantage with DH being gone because once he's back there will probably be candy and all kinds of crap in the house. :dohh: I have a HUGE sweet tooth. But lately if I crave sweets I just drink some of Emma's apple juice. :haha:

I weigh myself every day as well. I'm much too curious not to and it actually helps keep me motivated.

heh. I'm the complete opposite which is why I only weigh once a week. If I saw my weight everyday I would get discouraged and be more prone to give up.

Another good way to see if you're getting results is to take your measurements. I usually take mine at the beginning of the month and then again at the end to see if I've changed or lost inches. I find it's more accurate than a scale because a scale factors in muscle as well.
I measure myself about once every 2 weeks. I tried once a week, but could never remember. I started that because before I got pregnant, I was trying to lose the weight, but actually gained weight due to gaining muscle. I was happy with the weight gain, because I was losing inches.
However, once getting pregnant, the muscle all turned to fat, and I stayed the same weight. :dohh:

hey, I'm back from holiday now (went to Centre Parcs Longleat for a week for new years). I ate wayyyyyyy too much while I was there, but did walk & swim everyday, so that must've counter-acted some of the over-eating (and the odd glass of champagne!), coz even though I've got my Af right now, I just weighed myself & i only put on 2lbs over the xmas period!!!! :happydance: I was expecting a lot more than that. Still puts me 1lb over my start weight (lost 1, gained 2 :dohh: ) but hey, tis all good I reckon.

How's everyone else doing?

CAN I PLEASE JOIN!!! I've given up on the idea that I'm just going to wake up and I will have peed all of the babyweight away!! What do I have to do??? xxx

Hey everyone, can I join in too please?! I'm so fed up of the way I look at the minute it's really getting me down, my poor hubby has to hear me moaning all the time!

I didn't put on that much during pregnancy and had lost it all bar a pound or two straight after I'd had Erin but then my milk supply was really low in the first couple of weeks because I wasn't looking after myself properly so I went a bit overboard and ate, ate, ate! Now I'm suffering the consequences cause I'm always hungry! Hungry now as it happens!

My pre pregnancy weight was 156lbs, current weight is 175lbs and I'd love to get down to 147lbs but would be happy to get to my wedding weight of 150lbs.

xx

<--- has been hiding from here for a couple of days. :oops:

I've been bad. :sigh: My mom (who lives with us) has been pleased with my DH lately so has been spoiling him. 2 days ago she made his favorite -- Monkey Bread. Yesterday she made the best chocolate crumble drizzle cake. :brat: I tried really hard to stay away from it, but I can't!! And stupid Swiss Steak for dinner last night and leftovers I couldn't resist for lunch today. :growlmad:

I dread the scales this week. :argh:

Damnit! I need to get on track!! :hissy:

mackenzie- Just give me your stats and I'll add you to the front.

dragonfly- I need your stats too hun!

broodypants- Welcome hun! I'll update the front post in a bit but gotta start dinner. :haha:

Tigerlady- One bad week just means you'll have to be extra good next week. :hugs: Oh man, if my mom lived with me I would be like 300 pounds. She makes such good food. And is always making sweets like cakes and brownies. *drools*

Man do i ever feel good!!! I know its only the 5th day and hasen't even been a full week yet, but i feel like i'm going to have good results this Friday!!! I really hope so!!! I've worked out 4 outta 5 days and i've been eating excellent, no cheating for me! I'm too determined to really lose the weight!!!

I did 30 minutes on my treadmill yesterday and ended up with blisters all over my heels! :dohh:

I also did 50 squats and 100 sit ups. It's a start.

venus, go you! I feel like I'm gonna hurl after 20 sit-ups!!! a far cry from my competitive days (trampolining) where I'd do 100 like it was nothing at all :(

TL- what';s monkey cake???

Random Q, but how do you know what a 'good' portion size is? I know I have large portions, but it occurred to me I have no idea what a healthy sized portion actually looks like? I'm thinking of maybe buying some smaller plates so it looks like I've got more food than I really have?

I've been very bad yesterday... we ordered out and it was baaaaaaad for me, and I had a huge chocolate craving (started AF full force yesterday!) so yeah.... I feel like a huge lump of flub a lub! Today I've had two pcs of brown and raisin toast and 2 boiled eggs... different times mind you. Toast for breakfast and eggs for snack. Lunch I am lost... don't have much here lunchy, so I am thinking an orange, some cheese and a yogurt or something lol. Supper I plan to make maple brown sugar ham, mashed potatoes and corn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->