• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

!!The Milky Mommy Weightloss Thread!!

Welcome to our new members!!

Tigerlady-don't beat yourself up about a few bad days. I find when I do that, I end up eating worse, because I feel worse. Instead of saying "I was bad", say "I'm going to do better"

venusrockstar-I don't think I could do anywhere NEAR 100 sit ups!! Yay for you! (Mind you, I have a sore tailbone. It's been hurting since I gave birth, and then a few months ago I fell down the stairs, hurting it even more!!)

Flora-google portion sizes, and I'm sure they'll give you some examples. I know you're in the UK, but Canada's food guide usually has examples of portion sizes

I was pretty bad yesterday too. I got snacky in the afternoon. I managed not to snack after supper though, so that's a plus.

I have trouble with portion sizes, too, so am little help there. :dohh: I just try to put 1/2 on my plate compared to what I really think I want and tell myself I'll have seconds later. But then after I eat it, I find I am usually satisfied. :thumbup:

Portion sizes is one reason I do BLW with my kids. I am hoping they will be better at eating when they are hungry and stopping when they are full. FX.

I couldn't do 100 sit ups either. :nope: I used to be able to do 700! :shock: Stupid c-section muscles! :brat:

I vow to be better today, no matter what my mom cooks! :smug:

Oh! Monkey bread.... yummmmmm

You take biscuits (the refridgerated pilsburry kind), quarter them, coat them in cinnamon-sugar, put them in a bunt pant. Then melt loads of butter, cinnamon and brown sugar together in a pan and drizzle that over the biscuits. Then bake.

It is basically sugary, cinnamony, butter, goey, goodness. :munch:

This is why I did BLWing too. I want to do whatever it takes to help Emma learn how to eat better. Breastfeeding, BLWing, etc. I was formula fed, weaned really early, taught that I have to finish everything on my plate, etc. And my mom never loaded my plate in the first place, so as a kid you load it up with so much food and than they'd make me sit there and eat it because I got it so I should be able to eat it. :wacko: So now I can eat SO much food. I can go to a buffet and eat 3 entire platefuls of food. It's ridiculous.

I weighed myself this morning. I'm up .6 from last weeks weigh in. :( But I'm going to work out like crazy today and hopefully even out. I don't expect to lose anything this week but if I can even out I'll be happy. :D

Off to update the front page finally..:blush:

venus, go you! I feel like I'm gonna hurl after 20 sit-ups!!! a far cry from my competitive days (trampolining) where I'd do 100 like it was nothing at all :(

TL- what';s monkey cake???

Random Q, but how do you know what a 'good' portion size is? I know I have large portions, but it occurred to me I have no idea what a healthy sized portion actually looks like? I'm thinking of maybe buying some smaller plates so it looks like I've got more food than I really have?

:blush: I know I don't really fit in here but I do have some help with portion sizes so thought I'd jump in and just answer this one question.

Standard plates are now 12 inches, when they should really be only 9 inches! We used smaller plates (8 inch plates) over Christmas (I had some snowmen ones) and the plates definitely looked fuller.

As for portion sizes a good rule of thumb is for your meat to be the size of the palm of your hand (or about 1/4 of a 9 inch plate), your carb to be another 1/4 of the plate, and your veg to be 1/2 of the plate. I generally weigh my meat (am doing weight watchers) and a standard portion of pork/chicken for me tends to be right around 3-4 ounces :) I don't eat much steak......

:flower: Hope that helps some :)

Monkey bread sounds yummy....but definitely something I should stay away from!
Thanks, Vickie, for the portion info. I know it's out there...just didn't have time to go and look for it atm. I've got an LO who is just learning how to crawl properly, and is ALL over the place! I only get a few minutes at the computer at a time! It might help with the exercise though! Having to jump up every minute and a half to "rescue" him!!

I did 30 minutes on the treadmill again today and 100 more situps.

I know my main problem with losing weight is my food. I've struggled with food all my life and it's always been a problem. I am a huge emotional eater and find every excuse in the book to eat bad. The stupid thing is that I've lost all the weight I put on with my pregnancy, I was just 40-50 pounds overweight to begin with. :dohh:

I ate well and exercised my entire pregnancy. I was in the gym until I was 36 weeks. I think I stuck to it more because I wasn't just doing it for me, it was for my baby...but now that she's here it seems my food has gone out the window again and I eat more crap.

venus- I don't know how but I missed your stats on the front post. Can you give me your stats again and I'll add you? :flower:

Evening all! How's it going? I've been very good today, muesli for brekkie, snack of yoghurt and apple mid morning, carrot sticks and low fat hummous for afternoon snack/light lunch and then pitta bread with home made tandoori chicken and salad for dinner... still feel hungry though but drinking lots of water!

Food is my problem too Venus, hubby and I are biiigggg foodies, we have some amazing restaurants nearby and used to love eating out before Erin was born... that's now transferred to our home eating now but we're both being good at the minute.

Wine is my other vice too, I do enjoy having a glass after Erin is in bed but cutting that out too in the week now.... where's my water....? :)

Ugh. I got snacky again this afternoon. Between 3 and 5 seems to be my worst time. I find it so hard to stay on track. The rest of the day I'm fine...but I seem to get bored, and just want to eat between 3 and 5.
Guess I better be extra good for supper and this evening to make up for it!

Thank you!! I weigh 168, my goal is 147. When is our weigh in? how exciting!!

Weigh ins are on Friday hun! So tomorrow morning if you can, just pop on the scale and let me know. :D

Morning girls!

147.5lb :dance:

I weighed on Monday and I was 149 (Xmas indulgences!) so I'm pleased I've managed to lose what I gained

Good luck for everyone's WI today! :flower:

:nope:
Well, those 5lbs I gained overnight on Wednesday.....they're still sticking around.
:nope:

Despite working my ass off this week, and being good when it comes to eating, I've gained this week. I'm up to 178.

I'm really discouraged. I know I'll start losing soon if I keep up the workouts like I've been doing...but most days I have to force myself to get motivated to do them. It's really hard to find the motivation when you not only can't see a difference in your weight, but it goes up! :wacko:
Today's going to be a hard day. Both in getting the motivation, and in forcing myself not to binge on crap.

154 for me I am still higher than my starting weight which is frusterating but I am down from last week. I think I have hit a plateau thoughbecause I had lost 17 lbs before joining the group and my weight really hasn't moved much. Has anyone else ever had a weight loss plateau? How did you break through it? I eat 23 weight watchers points everyday so I am not sure how many calories that is and I work out about 1 hr per day.

:hugs: CurlyKate. I know how hard it is to stay with it when you need to see results and are not getting anywhere. :brat: You will get there, though. And the exercise is soooooo good for you!

Also, remember muscle weighs more than fat so if you are converting fat to muscle with exercise it will make the scale stay the same or even go up! But you will be healthier and look better in the long run.

MT Rose -- I think I have finally broken through a MAAAAAAJOR plateau. I was at pretty much the same weight for about 2.5 months. :dohh: It was driving me batty. Even now I am only slowly loosing again. I just kept at it -- and weighed myself less often. The muscle weighing more than fat applies to you, too. If you are exercising that much, you are probably loosing fat but gaining muscle. Which is actually a good thing! Stick with it and the plateau will break. :hugs:

Great job, CO!!!! :dance:

208 for me this morning. So, no loss, no gain. I'm actually relieved because I had a really bad week this week. I expected to step on the scale and see a gain of at least 3-5 lbs. :haha:

So, will be working hard to have a better week this week and see the scale actually go down!

I went up too. :(:( I'm up 1 lb from the last weigh in. I knew that lasagna would bite me in the ass. Pasta is NOT my friend. It's ridiculous that I can gain a pound in a week but it's hard as hell to LOSE a pound in a week.

154 for me I am still higher than my starting weight which is frusterating but I am down from last week. I think I have hit a plateau thoughbecause I had lost 17 lbs before joining the group and my weight really hasn't moved much. Has anyone else ever had a weight loss plateau? How did you break through it? I eat 23 weight watchers points everyday so I am not sure how many calories that is and I work out about 1 hr per day.

Have you tried changing up your workout and trying something new? After awhile your body adapts and gets used to your workout so it's not as effective. Changing it up every once in awhile usually can get things going again. Maybe try a workout you've never done before?

I weighed in this morning and to my surprise it said 208. I am down 2 pounds. Hoping it's not a fluke :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->