!!The Milky Mommy Weightloss Thread!!

aahh, these machines you have at home, do you use them much or do they usually end up gathering dust? (this is why i havnt thought about investing in one- and i wouldnt know where to begin!).

my lo is 5 months on the 11th, gawd doesnt time fly.

ok i almost lost my 1.5lb gain from the weekend so 190.6 lbs today.

clecknar yeah i do think portion sizes might be a problem for me too, if i eat less, i still *feel* like i havnt eaten enough.

aahh, these machines you have at home, do you use them much or do they usually end up gathering dust? (this is why i havnt thought about investing in one- and i wouldnt know where to begin!).

clecknar yeah i do think portion sizes might be a problem for me too, if i eat less, i still *feel* like i havnt eaten enough.

I use mine but I also got it second hand from my grandma and it must be 20 years old. It is a treadmill but it doesn't move on its own so its really tiring to walk on.

150.2 for me yesterday I forgot to weigh in this morning and then I already had a bowl of cereal.

I use mine but I also got it second hand from my grandma and it must be 20 years old. It is a treadmill but it doesn't move on its own so its really tiring to walk on.

150.2 for me yesterday I forgot to weigh in this morning and then I already had a bowl of cereal.

I got mine second hand as well, from my sister. It's about 10 years old, and an elliptical.
I seem to go in spurts. I'll use it every day for a couple of months, then it sits idle for a while. Then I'll repeat. lol

Well, I'm still at 174, didn't lose any this week. I'm just thankful I didn't gain. I had a horrible week, and only worked out twice, and ate lots of crap.

Updated! I gained 0.4...Boooo!! Not too bad though so I can't get too upset. I'm going to watch my portions a bit more this week. :thumbup:

Well, we have the equipment at home and the recumbent bike is used every day. The elliptical is used a lot but not every day. Some days I would rather be able to sit and read a magazine while exercising. The treadmill did get used until Emma hurt her hand on it. Now I"m kinda scared about it. DH will use the treadmill when he gets back. He's in the military so has to stay fit otherwise they'd kick him out. So he likes to run on the treadmill. I plan on always working out now. Even after I hit my goal and even after I'm pregnant, I still want to work out every day. I feel better doing it. :D

I wish I had a recumbent bike! I would use it ALL the time! We have nowhere to put it though.

i would be happy with a second hand one. dont fancy spending alot of £s on something which i might not use too much either.

ok guys, why do we get in the eating crap mode? is it cos we get hungry, emotional?

clecknar- i think i might slowly try cutting portion size... too much too soon might make me eat too much. i like feeling full though :|

i need to look up what a recumbant bike is!

clecknar, its good to have you a partner who wants to stay fit.

and are you thinking of getting pregnant sooner than later?
i want to lose weight before i get pregnant again too, and i would like to start trying again later this year.

I'm the same, I love that full feeling. I think that's one of my main problems. I grew up in a household that we had to finish everything on our plate. So if I piled a ton of plate on my food, my parents would make me eat it. :wacko: So I've grown up eating huge portions and it's worked it's way into my adult eating habits.

I think we plan on trying as soon as he gets back. So end of June/early July. I know it won't happen right away so that'll still give me a few more months to lose more weight. My main goal is to at least be the weight I was when I got pregnant with Emma (200 lbs.) So only 24.8 lbs to go until that. Than after that is just a bonus really if I lose more. I really need to get some OPKs and see if my luteal phase has lengthened at all. We tried for 2 months before DH left but I found out my luteal phase is like 8 days. And you need I think a 10-12 day phase for a baby to stick. :( I've read into it a bit and I guess it's a common problem for breastfeeding moms. I just hope I don't have to quit breastfeeding to get pregnant again.

When are all of you girls trying for another?

I don't use OPKs, and I've only had 2 cycles since I had LO, but my leutal phase is only 10 days long. I didn't realize that was because of BFing though.
I was lucky enough to get pregnant with Devin on my first cycle, so I didn't really delve into all the TTC tricks, so I'm not sure if my LP was the same before hand. But I always had shorter cycles, so I'm thinking it was because of the shorter LP.
As for trying for another...we're not sure when yet. I'd love to try now, but I know OH isn't ready yet!

I never used OPKs either but my cycles are completely random now that I'm breastfeeding so I really didn't know when I was ovulating. Before Emma my cycles were exact 28 day cycles. Now they are random. 28-34 days. :wacko: It's frustrating. It only took 2 cycles to get pregnant with my first baby, and two cycles for Emma. So I have no clue how to chart or any of that stuff. It all makes me so confused and stressed. :lol:

Yeah, I lost a pound and a half...I tend to go up and down, but this a.m. I was 135 so I'll take it.

Despite silly af, I still managed to lose!!! I'm now 150 lbs!

Updated!!

I'm so jealous of all you 'losers'. :haha: Some of you seem to be having the weight drop off so quickly!! I do some heavy working out and my weight seems to get stuck all the time. :wacko:

I'm the same, I love that full feeling. I think that's one of my main problems. I grew up in a household that we had to finish everything on our plate. So if I piled a ton of plate on my food, my parents would make me eat it. :wacko: So I've grown up eating huge portions and it's worked it's way into my adult eating habits.

I think we plan on trying as soon as he gets back. So end of June/early July. I know it won't happen right away so that'll still give me a few more months to lose more weight. My main goal is to at least be the weight I was when I got pregnant with Emma (200 lbs.) So only 24.8 lbs to go until that. Than after that is just a bonus really if I lose more. I really need to get some OPKs and see if my luteal phase has lengthened at all. We tried for 2 months before DH left but I found out my luteal phase is like 8 days. And you need I think a 10-12 day phase for a baby to stick. :( I've read into it a bit and I guess it's a common problem for breastfeeding moms. I just hope I don't have to quit breastfeeding to get pregnant again.

When are all of you girls trying for another?

I think we are going to try for another around April or maybe the beginning of Summer. MY goal before I start ttc is to be lighter at the end of my pregnancy then I was pre-pregnancy with Jacob which if I gain the same amount (20lbs) then I would only need to be 146 but I would love to be 136 before we start trying.

Wow you only gained 20 lbs during your pregnancy?! That's amazing!! :flower:

We're ntnp but I've been recording my period & when I notice rack & my cycles all over the place so I imagine it'll be a long time yet which is ok. Gives us more time to save up & enjoy Harry more on his own n stuff. Like cleck said, I'd hate to have to quit bf-ing just to get pregnant again...

I just worked out I'm only 5 lbs off my weight that I was at my 12 week scan! And 10lbs from my pre- preg weight, but still way off my goal weight, lol. Seems easier broken down like that.

Random q but does anyone else feel really sick when they do sit-ups?

I can't do sit ups at the moment.
I hurt my tailbone during birth, and then a few months ago when I fell down the stairs, and landed on my butt. Anything like that just makes it hurt again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->