!!The Milky Mommy Weightloss Thread!!

morning all :) lost another 2lb here :) 11lb in 4 weeks xx

I stayed the same. I'm glad considering I was only able to make it to the gym once this week due to snow etc. I'm happy I've managed to maintain.

So I'm starting to get a bit frustrated. It's my own fault but I was just reading some of the journals on here. Some girls just started trying to lose weight in January and have already lost nearly as much as me, if not more than me in that time. :wacko: I don't understand it. First of all, how is it even healthy to lose that much so fast?!! Secondly, how are they doing this?! :growlmad: I just know breastfeeding is holding this weight on. And I absolutely love breastfeeding Emma. But I kind of resent it sometimes because it makes things so much more difficult. Losing weight & TTC specifically. I think I'm just having a wobble today. :( I hate being so whiny. Ranting over..:blush:

I hope you are all having a good weekend! My weekends are never any different than my weekdays so I didn't even realize it was weekend until I spoke to my parents on the phone today..How sad am I?! :haha:

Thanks! I'm feeling better already after a good nap today. :haha: I'm no good with very little sleep. So I skipped my workout during Emma's naptime today and napped with her instead. I'll have to make up for it tonight after she's in bed.

So does anyone want to post any good healthy recipes that they know of? I want to get more into cooking and I'd love to make casseroles more. I'm not sure how people do it but I know women that make casseroles for the week and than freeze them?? But I'm not sure how to even do this.

I didnt lose any weight.
But I also had a bad week and ate everything I saw
Tomorrow and on I am going to try VERY hard.

I'm finding it frustrating too, Cleckner.
My friend just started losing weight last month, and already she's down 15lbs. I've been trying since October, and am only down 6 total! I'm like you...I KNOW it's the BFing that's keeping the weight on. I'm eating healthier, and smaller portions, and working out 40 minutes a day. But NOTHING changes.
It's just frustrating.

:hugs::hugs: I'm so glad it's not just me that gets frustrated. I know it's wrong to be envious of someone else but I really am when I see someone putting in less effort but getting more results. I think sometimes we just hit roadblocks in weight loss and breastfeeding makes it so much harder because we can't go on strict diets like others can. And our body in general tries to hold onto the fat to make nice high calorie milk. It doesn't help for me, that I'm super sensitive when it comes to weight right now..

Cleckner, hubby does a stew/casserole thingy that we freeze in portions....
We use a tin of chopped tomatoes, some mixed herbs, a stock cube (or 2), some water, some lean cut meat (I dont know if you eat meat? We do though!), and then chop into inch cube sized pieces pretty much any veges we have in the house, which is usually, potatoes, sweet potatoes/yams, peas, sweetcorn, carrots, celery (great way to bulk things up without adding hardly any calories at all), onion, leek & broccoli.... Literally just brown off the meat with the onions in a pan with the teeniest bit of oil, then dump everything else along with it in a big casserole dish & shove it in the overn until; the veges start to go soft (but not mushy).... It tastes delicious & is relatively healthy & very filling, so you get that full feeling but without actually having to eat tons of it. And if you want, you can make dumplings (not so healthy), or dip bread in, which is what harry likes to do- the kid is obsessed with dipping everything!!! Oh and the quantities don't matter- just shove it all in- (bearing in mind that potatoes can add the extra calories rather than the other veges)... xxx

Oh I meant to add- I've been having my 1800 calories a day (not including drinks, which is only cups of tea, water & orange squash anyway) & I have noticed that unless I remember to drink lots (I'm terrible for not getting enough fluid in me!) my milk supply does seem to be affected.... but so long as I drink a lot, it seems ok, so I defo think your body needs those 2000 calories a day that's recommended and does store fat reserves 'just in case' which kinda sucks, but at the same time- I wouldn't quit BFing just to lose more weight, ya know?

So you just portion it out and than freeze and when you want them you heat them up? Do you dethaw it in the refrigerator first before heating on the stove? Sorry if that's a completely stupid question but I'm no good when it comes to dethawing and worrying about food poisoning. :rofl:

I usually get some out of the freezer in the morning & let it partly defrost in the fridge then either microwave it or pop it in a saucepan on a gentle heat to thaw & heat up.
I'm reckless- food poisoning doesn't even cross my mind! If it smells good, gimme it! :rofl:

:rofl: Me too. I very nearly cooked bad chicken tonight for dinner. I had the oven all preheated waiting to put it in to bake it, and than I looked at the expiration date on a whim and it said december 28th. :rofl::rofl: So thank goodness I looked. I almost never look at expiration dates. :dohh: I've given DH food poisoning once and myself food poisoning once. So you'd think I would learn. :lol:

What is a good site for healthy meals that even my OH will eat.
I have found some healthy meals but then OH seems that he needs MANS food or he will melt away. I am at a loose with trying to find meals we both will eat.

I have a hard time making food for all of us too. I would like to eat lower calorie food but I know DH really likes meat and Jacob really needs higher calorie food, and he wont eat much meat, so sometimes I feel like I am making 3 different meals. I am also having a really hard time with lunches. What do you and LO have for lunch that is healthy for both you and them?

:hi: im breastfeeding and trying to lose weight too. im 17st atm, target is 10st so 7 to lose. diet literally only started a week ago and i cant exercise much because i had a csection 2 weeks ago :(

:hi: im breastfeeding and trying to lose weight too. im 17st atm, target is 10st so 7 to lose. diet literally only started a week ago and i cant exercise much because i had a csection 2 weeks ago :(

I think you have the youngest baby on here trying to lose weight.

Good Luck with your journey just make sure you go at it really slowly because with such a tiny one your body needs its calories to just keep up.

Congrats on your little man you must be one busy mama :baby:

Welcome FSmummy!! I haven't seen you around on here lately. Glad to see you had your little man!! :flower: I'll update the list tomorrow. ATM I'm on the exercise bike so kinda hard to type but didn't want to leave you hanging and think I'm neglecting you. :D

Hey ladies :D

Wonder if you can help me lose some weight :nope:

I had Alex on new years eve and am BF. I am eating constantly and just as I was with Caine I have a very very sweet tooth whilst BF too. I just cant help myself and am constantly ravenous :dohh:

I was 13 stone pre Caine and got back to that pretty easy BF with him until 10 months. I am currently 13 stone 12 or 13 I think and want to be about 12 stone. 11 and half would be fab and mean I wouldnt be classed as overweight. I am 5 foot 7 and was 10 st 10 when I met OH :(

Please help me! Having a toddler and a newborn I dont have much time for food prep but any support on here would help. Would love to lose some for a night out in March (belated 20th celebration) and for the summer.

Hope everyone is doing well? Jade xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->