!!The Milky Mommy Weightloss Thread!!

I definitely have my days of feelings like I can't possibly do this anymore. But I have a countdown that shows the days, hours, and seconds before he returns. :lol: So it's nice seeing the numbers go down every day and I just tell myself to go one day at a time and before I know it he'll be back. :thumbup:

Cleck- I am not sure how it works so how long is he home before he has to go back again? Does he have to go back? I don't know how you manage without him being around. Are you a SAHM? Sorry if these seem really personal you don't have to answer if you don't want to.

I don't mind questions. :D He's in the navy so his ship comes and goes as they need. They have certain certifications they have to get qualified for to keep everything up to date so sometimes they have to go out for small things and will just be gone a week and come back or a month and come back. This time is a full deployment so 6.5 months. And they go to different ports so he can get off the ship and skype with me than but any other time we just have email and we can pay for calling cards which are about $1 a minute. :shock: When he gets back in June, he should be back until November when they are gonna leave to do another 6.5 month deployment. So he'll just be back for 5 months and leave out again. :( I'm pretty sure his time on this particular ship is up March of 2012 though so he wouldn't have to be gone for the full deployment, they would fly him off the ship to here. But really the schedule is completely unknown to us. We sometimes hear 'rumors' of when the ship will leave again but it isn't set in stone until much closer to the time of its leaving IYKWIM.

I am a SAHM. I don't think I'd do it any other way bc I'm Emma's only parent so I'd hate for her to only see me a few hours in a day. I'm the one stable thing she has really so it's important for her to have me home with her I think. Some weeks it is SO hard. I mean people complain all the time about their husbands not helping out with the baby but I literally have no one that can distract her or take her for 10 minutes so I can get a shower. Small things like that are the hardest bit. People take for granted being able to wash their hair because they have a husband that can take the clingy kid for a bit in the day. Or being able to TTC when they please. :haha: And I am almost certain Emma gets sick of only looking at my ugly mug all day long. :rofl: But I try to get out and about every day. Always walking and taking her to different parks to keep things different. Everything that goes wrong in this house I just manage and learn to fix things myself. I can change a radiator in a car(I've seriously had to do that alone once) and I'm awesome at opening jars by myself. :rofl:

I don't mind questions. :D He's in the navy so his ship comes and goes as they need. They have certain certifications they have to get qualified for to keep everything up to date so sometimes they have to go out for small things and will just be gone a week and come back or a month and come back. This time is a full deployment so 6.5 months. And they go to different ports so he can get off the ship and skype with me than but any other time we just have email and we can pay for calling cards which are about $1 a minute. :shock: When he gets back in June, he should be back until November when they are gonna leave to do another 6.5 month deployment. So he'll just be back for 5 months and leave out again. :( I'm pretty sure his time on this particular ship is up March of 2012 though so he wouldn't have to be gone for the full deployment, they would fly him off the ship to here. But really the schedule is completely unknown to us. We sometimes hear 'rumors' of when the ship will leave again but it isn't set in stone until much closer to the time of its leaving IYKWIM.

I am a SAHM. I don't think I'd do it any other way bc I'm Emma's only parent so I'd hate for her to only see me a few hours in a day. I'm the one stable thing she has really so it's important for her to have me home with her I think. Some weeks it is SO hard. I mean people complain all the time about their husbands not helping out with the baby but I literally have no one that can distract her or take her for 10 minutes so I can get a shower. Small things like that are the hardest bit. People take for granted being able to wash their hair because they have a husband that can take the clingy kid for a bit in the day. Or being able to TTC when they please. :haha: And I am almost certain Emma gets sick of only looking at my ugly mug all day long. :rofl: But I try to get out and about every day. Always walking and taking her to different parks to keep things different. Everything that goes wrong in this house I just manage and learn to fix things myself. I can change a radiator in a car(I've seriously had to do that alone once) and I'm awesome at opening jars by myself. :rofl:

:hugs: Emma is so lucky to have a mommy like you that is willing to stay home with her to give her some stability

I am a WAHM (child care provider with two other babies one is 15mths and one is 8mths) and it is soo lonely most of the time and I get tired of talking to babies all day so it is such a relief to see DH after a long day. You must be such a strong woman to not go crazy! I always wish I had other friends who had babies and didn't go back to work its too bad you don't live closer! Its nice that your DH gets to be home for a while when you see him next and I think if I remember correctly you are going to TTC again when he gets back? We are TTC in late May or early June hopefully. Perhaps we will be bump buddies as well.

Oh I definitely do go crazy sometimes without adult conversation. I did have a good friend here and we'd visit a few times a week but she moved to Arizona last month so I've been alone now. :wacko: But I skype with my parents a few times a week and they usually distract Emma so I can sit back and get a slight break. :lol:

Yeah we definitely plan on trying as soon as DH is back. He gets back in the middle of June so it depends when I ovulate that month I guess, otherwise it might be July when we start. I'm already using a clearblue fertility monitor because I have a short luteal phase from BFing. So I'm trying to lengthen it with B6 vitamins before DH gets back. Hopefully than my cycles will be back on track. They are so random and all over the place from the breastfeeding. We'll only have 5 months at the very most to try before he deploys again so the pressure is on! I hope your TTC journey is a short one too! It'd be awesome to have a bump buddy. :D

I don't know how you do it, cleckner! I would go insane if OH wasn't here to help out, or even just to talk to! I would have to move back to my home town to be closer to my family if that was the case.
Kudos to you for being a constant in Emma's life. I bet it's much easier for her to have you around, instead of going to daycare. (Not that daycare isn't a good thing!)
How does Emma react when she sees her Daddy? Does she get to Skype with him as well?

I am baking Caine's bday cake and its sooooooo hard not to eat it!

curly- Emma missed him for the first month or so. Always going to the door when I'd say the word daddy. But now she has no clue who he is. She sees him on skype but makes no recognition of who he is. Which honestly I am thankful for bc it was so hard those few weeks when she remembered him. That early part was the hardest bc you could see the disappointment on her face when he wasn't on the other side of that door. I did move back home for his 3 month deployment last year. But honestly I hate living with other people. I would prefer to be on my own. It was nice to have company but there was no privacy really. And I like being able to walk around the house in my undies if I feel like it. :haha:

jms- Oh man I wouldn't be able to stop myself from eating cake. I have no sweets in my house for a reason. If I had a cherry pie in front of me, I could eat the entire thing in one sitting. :rofl:

can i join? i am exclusively breastfeeding, my baby is 4 months. i'm 179lbs now and my goal is 135. i will start ttc when i read 150lbs (my pre-pregnancy weight). i am 5'2.

how many calories are you girls eating a day? i've followed WW off and on in the past and am wondering if i should bother...

curly- Emma missed him for the first month or so. Always going to the door when I'd say the word daddy. But now she has no clue who he is. She sees him on skype but makes no recognition of who he is. Which honestly I am thankful for bc it was so hard those few weeks when she remembered him. That early part was the hardest bc you could see the disappointment on her face when he wasn't on the other side of that door. I did move back home for his 3 month deployment last year. But honestly I hate living with other people. I would prefer to be on my own. It was nice to have company but there was no privacy really. And I like being able to walk around the house in my undies if I feel like it. :haha:
That's too bad that Emma had such a tough time with her Daddy leaving. Although I'm sure Devin would be the same. The few nights that OH has stayed elsewhere, Devin gets really cranky after not seeing his Daddy. It's nice that she's settled down now though.
And I hear you on the living on your own. Even if I just visit my parents for a week, I start to get antsy to get home on my own again.

Welcome to the group, espia!

espia- Welcome!! :wave: I don't count calories so I'm sure one of the other ladies can help you. :flower:

curly- Yeah a week is good to visit someone else and possibly even 2 weeks. But 3 months turns into a nightmare. :haha: I stayed with my inlaws for the 3 month deployment and they kept bugging me to come back to stay again back in November when he first left. I would probably go out of my mind living there for 6.5 months. I love my inlaws but it's not that really. It's just the fact that I am stuck to one room when I am used to ruling over an entire house and cleaning and doing chores and everything for myself. When I stayed there his mom was cooking for me every five seconds. :rofl: Which I'm sure I would've never lost weight if I had stayed home with my MIL around. :lol:

Well, I said I wasn't trying to lose weight this week which was the truth bc I even skipped 2 days of riding my exercise bike. But somehow I still managed to lose 1.6 lbs so I'm writing it down anyways. :rofl: This was one of those 'I don't know how I actually managed to lose weight' weeks. But I'm content with that! I'm gonna measure myself in a second to see if I lost inches at all.

Yay Cleckner its always nice to have one of those weeks where you expect a gain and it is a loss!!

espia- I do WW and it is really hard to follow. Since I nurse only twice a day I only add 2 points to my total but since your baby is soo little still you should probably add all the nursing points on so that you don't lose your supply.

I am down to 154.0 this week :happydance:

i gained 2 lbs :( Bad week. i've got serious PMS & major bloating & cant stop eating. i am craving sweet & salty foods 24/7. :( I'm hoping once i come on next week, things will start to alleviate a bit & i can get back on track. I hope everyone else is doing better?

m_t- well done hun!! :dance:

flora- AF gets me every month and does the same thing making me crave all kinds of foods and it's a serious struggle to avoid gains. I've gained a few months since I've started keeping an eye on it and trying to lose. This is why men have it so easy. They just lose weight and don't have to worry about ovulating and periods. Damn men. :haha:

can i join? i am exclusively breastfeeding, my baby is 4 months. i'm 179lbs now and my goal is 135. i will start ttc when i read 150lbs (my pre-pregnancy weight). i am 5'2.

how many calories are you girls eating a day? i've followed WW off and on in the past and am wondering if i should bother...

:wave: Hiya!! Not cal counting I'm afraid. Dunno how it all works :wacko:

I am down to 154.0 this week :happydance:

:happydance: Congrats!!!!

i gained 2 lbs :( Bad week. i've got serious PMS & major bloating & cant stop eating.

God-damn AF! Good luck for next week!

OMG - I AM RUBBISH!!!!!!!! I can't get my head into gear at all and weighed myself this morning and no loss at all! Maybe even half lb gain. Gonna weigh in properly on Tues - just hope I can pull it back in the next few days. I'm really annoyed with myself TBH.

venus- I must've edited your weight wrong last week than. I had you at 199. :dohh: Fixed it now though! :D

Morning! I have aeaten crap all weekend and went out Saturday night and drank loads alcohol :rofl: I need to get back on track! Luckily I had been really good all week so at weigh in this morning I am 2 pound off again :) Now 13 st 5, so total loss 9 pounds :)

Way to go, jms!
I wish I could lose 2 pounds after having an indulgent weekend!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->