!!The Milky Mommy Weightloss Thread!!

Okay, even after all the exercise I did this week and really not eating a bit of junk, I'm up 1.6 lbs. this week. At first I was upset but now I'm actually happy about it because it gave me motivation to join myfitnesspal and I'm finally going to start counting calories and being more accountable for my eating. I don't really eat junk but I'm thinking maybe I'm not eating ENOUGH with all the exercise I do so that is what is putting my body in starvation mode or something.

Off to finally update the front. I got 12 hours of sleep last night so I'm good to go.. :cloud9:

Oh I would love to join you girls! I just had my 4th baby 3 weeks ago and am going to start doing Weight Watchers tomorrow. I have about 70lbs I want to lose. My name is Christina and right now I am 226lbs and idealy I want to get to 150lbs.

Sorry I haven't updated before now, I've been super busy. I did my weigh in yesterday and weighed in at 197 pounds

I am down a pound and 1/2 this week!

Well done venus! I think I took your pound and a half! :rofl:

:wave: braijackava welcome!! I'll start you a stat on the first post right after this. :thumbup:

Well yesterday was my first day using myfitnesspal and I was actually right about not eating enough. :dohh: I actually struggled to get enough calories in for the day. And it wants you to drink 8 glasses of water so I actually did it and that is an effort for me too. But the effort already paid off bc I lost .2 lbs overnight. I'm sure it's just water weight but I'm not about to complain. :haha:

i really, really need to start using myfitnesspal again. I lost 10lbs using it (having 1800 cals a day & more if i did any exercise & was pretty easy to do..... then me & Oh got lazy & stopped doing it & now we've both put on weight since stopping it. :dohh: And then he bought me not 1 but 2 boxes of chocolates for mother's day today, so I'll have to eat them, lol.... But yeah, I AM gonna start trying again as soon as I'm off my stupid AF.

If anyone else does ity & wants to add me, my username on it is fleurywury.

im on myfitnesspal too. espiachica. i think 1800 cals is what they recommend for bf mamas. how much is everyone else eating?

clecker04- i think not eating enough is my problem too... also not good for supply, though i don't think i'm having any issues. how would i know if i had low supply?

I think your LO would be really fussy at the breast if you weren't making enough. Usually as long as you are drinking plenty of fluids than you should be good with supply. But if you are worried eat oatmeal! :flower:

As for how many calories. Well with the amount that I work out every day, they want me eating 2,183 calories!! :wacko: Yesterday I managed to eat 1800 but today I've only ate 1488. It's really difficult to get enough calories without going over the top with protein/fat/etc. I guess this is how I learn to eat right though! I don't eat veggies really and I need to start. I do eat fruit occasionally but should probably eat more. I've learned in just these 2 days that I eat way too much protein. :blush: But I did better today vs. yesterday.

I really love this site already though. It's making me learn and I'm realizing more what I put in my mouth. Like Emma gets these nutrigrain cereal bars for snacks. Well yesterday she offered a bite to me and I started to take it before I realized I would have to add that bite to my food diary and I didn't want to so I quickly spit it back out. :rofl:

Good evening, ladies! Hope you all had a fantastic weekend!! :flower:

:wave: Braijackava/Christina! I'm a newbie too! Hoping to find some support/ideas on this thread too. Congrats on your new baby! I, too, have four LO's!

Ok.. so, i bit the bullet and wowzers.. eek! Here goes.. 218 lbs. I know at my last weight check right before Madelyn was born, I was at 263 :dohh:. Even at 5'11", I still would like to get down to around 170.. I think I look my best at that weight.

AND, I had a nice little April's Fools -- I had my first AF since Maddie was born.. that was an interesting "GOOD MORNING!" .. threw me off at first, since it'd been a while, had absolutely no signs it was coming and I had hoped that BF would put it off a bit longer.. guess not :haha:... It'll be nice to see where my weight is at after AF is done with me.

I think your LO would be really fussy at the breast if you weren't making enough. Usually as long as you are drinking plenty of fluids than you should be good with supply. But if you are worried eat oatmeal! :flower:

As for how many calories. Well with the amount that I work out every day, they want me eating 2,183 calories!! :wacko: Yesterday I managed to eat 1800 but today I've only ate 1488. It's really difficult to get enough calories without going over the top with protein/fat/etc. I guess this is how I learn to eat right though! I don't eat veggies really and I need to start. I do eat fruit occasionally but should probably eat more. I've learned in just these 2 days that I eat way too much protein. :blush: But I did better today vs. yesterday.

I really love this site already though. It's making me learn and I'm realizing more what I put in my mouth. Like Emma gets these nutrigrain cereal bars for snacks. Well yesterday she offered a bite to me and I started to take it before I realized I would have to add that bite to my food diary and I didn't want to so I quickly spit it back out. :rofl:

:rofl: That's hilarious! Hmmm.. maybe I should have read up on those Twizzlers I was shoveling in earlier...

I'm intrigued by this 'myfitnesspal' you mentioned. I've never heard of it.. I've heard of Sparkpeople, but never myfitnesspal.... I'm going to look into that as soon as I am off of here! :hugs: Thank you!

Catters- 218 at 5'11" isn't bad at all hun! I'm at 213 right now and I'm only 5'8" :haha: I look my best at 170 too. Which is technically 'overweight' for my height but barely. I think my bones just weigh a lot. :lol: I think myfitnesspal is really similar to sparkpeople but from what I've read, myfitnesspal is more user friendly. I'm off to add you to the front!

Well, I've signed up on myfitnesspal.. again, thanks for mentioning it! I really like it.. so far, I've added in my dinner (just to see) and I'm liking the layout .. you are right, VERY user friendly! I'll be interested to see how the week goes! (I had no idea that six pieces of Twizzlers were 150 calories -- that's as much as a can of soda!:haha:)

That's the awesome part about it! I was amazed bc I like to make air popcorn and than melt butter to pour on top of it. The butter I use is SO fattening. :dohh: I mean, I'm not dumb and I knew butter isn't exactly healthy but I didn't think it would be as bad as it was. It was nearly 400 calories for the amount that I used. :blush: Never again!! So now I check the stats BEFORE eating stuff. I totally ate that 400+ calorie popcorn yesterday because I didn't check the calories until after the fact. :rofl:

I've just joined that myfitnesspal too, looks quite good tbh!! Can I change my calorie intake anywhere? It says I should be having 1300 but it should be more like 1800 due to BF i think? I've looked everywhere on the site, but thought someone else might know?

I just made 'breastfeeding' one of my 'snacks' and I add it every day. It gives me 200 extra calories since Emma is older. But you can search breastfeeding and it will pop up with 300 calories since you have a younger child. :flower: It'll make a -300 so you have 300 extra IYKWIM. Just search it in the foods.

I've just joined that myfitnesspal too, looks quite good tbh!! Can I change my calorie intake anywhere? It says I should be having 1300 but it should be more like 1800 due to BF i think? I've looked everywhere on the site, but thought someone else might know?

Hi

Just thought id help you out.
MFP - Go to Goals, Change Goals, Custom.

Can change your calorie in that bit.

Hope that helps :)

See I never knew you could add bfing as a snack or activity on there!!!!! I just changed my calorie goal from the 1400 it suggested to 1800 coz that seemed right in my mind, lol!

I'm having serious trouble meeting the calorie goal today. :dohh: I calculated with dinner and a snack after our walk and it'll only be 1322 for today. Grrr! I could add in another snack somewhere possibly but I don't know when. LOL! I'm already cooking dinner now so not much awake time in the house after this. I have a very strong feeling that this is why I would stop losing and get so frustrated with myself.

I could share some of my Twizzlers with you, Cleckner... :rofl:

I am really diggin' that website! It's incredibly insightful on just how much it's costing me to stuff all this junk into my gullet... it bursts my bubble a bit, but still ... it's pretty neato (and it's making me 'catch' myself before I really do shovel it all in.. :haha:)

I signed back in to myfitnesspal as well, so we'll see how I add up.
Seeing as I'm unable to exercise at the moment, it'd be smart for me to get my eating habits under control now. Then I'm used to eating healthy before I start exercising again.

Catters- :rofl: I'm pretty sure they don't mean those kind of calories. :haha:

Well since I've started myfitnesspal on Saturday, I've already lost 3 lbs! :shock: So I am a firm believer in this site already. I think it helps that I am actually getting my 8 glasses of water a day too bc it's right there and reminds me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->