!!The Milky Mommy Weightloss Thread!!

Can I join too please?? Feeling so depressed about the way I look now, and am now resigned to the fact that BF alone isn't going to melt away the pounds! :(

:wave: I've given that up too, but apparently I am going to see a massive loss around 4-6mnths! FX!

This is so not true. At least in my case :rofl:
I have been bf'ing for almost 9 months and my pounds didn't all of a sudden start massively disappearing :cry:

^^ Agree!! It never happened for me either. I think some of us just aren't that lucky. 4-6 months. What a random number anyways. So your body just suddenly realizes your kid is 4-6 months old and the weight falls off? I've seen that said a few times in the BFing section though. Maybe it's true. I wish it was for me! :( I'm still BFing at nearly 20 months so you'd think I deserve SOMETHING. :haha:

^^ Agree!! It never happened for me either. I think some of us just aren't that lucky. 4-6 months. What a random number anyways. So your body just suddenly realizes your kid is 4-6 months old and the weight falls off? I've seen that said a few times in the BFing section though. Maybe it's true. I wish it was for me! :( I'm still BFing at nearly 20 months so you'd think I deserve SOMETHING. :haha:

Hehe it was the opposite for me. I lost all my preg weight really quick and the at the 6 month I really started gaining. I also lost a ton of hair pregnancy and post-partum is so glamourous:haha:

Yeah. It's amazing the glamorous nature of pregnancy especially. I used to throw up and pee my pants at the same time. :rofl: I had morning sickness all the way through and once she was bigger and pushing on my bladder I couldn't control it when I'd be using all the force to puke. :sick::rofl::rofl::rofl: It's amazing how much I miss pregnancy even after all of that. I think it's the prize at the end that makes it worth it though. :lol:

Add me please! we're finally moving somewhere large enough to have a treadmill. And I'm not as worried about my supply so can start restricting myself more. I gave up my gym membership because there's no time for me to get away from Lucy to work out. Hopefully if I get a treadmill (or something) I can use it during her naps. I lost 100lbs+ before getting pregnant with her, but have gained about 40-50 of it back during pregnancy and after (darn OH giving me extra food so I can make milk :haha:). Not totally sure on my current weight, but we also finally have a working scale--though it's still in the box:blush:.
I'm guessing my current weight is 240, my goal weight is 190 or so as that's what I was pre pregnancy (though I could stand to lose more than that I had to do a VLCD to get there even though I was eating 12-1500cal/day and going to the gym 5x per week, so I'll take what I can get :))

:rofl: No.. it's really all the HAIR that just starts to drop out of our heads at 4-6 months that makes it seem we are losing weight.. hell, I think I lost 2 pounds of hair alone this week. :haha:

Can I join too please?? Feeling so depressed about the way I look now, and am now resigned to the fact that BF alone isn't going to melt away the pounds! :(

:wave: I've given that up too, but apparently I am going to see a massive loss around 4-6mnths! FX!

This is so not true. At least in my case :rofl:
I have been bf'ing for almost 9 months and my pounds didn't all of a sudden start massively disappearing :cry:

Damn it :grr: Girls in the BF section said that is the most likley time that BF kicks up weight loss. And I believed them ...... stoopid Ceri!!!!

Add me please!
:wave:

:rofl: No.. it's really all the HAIR that just starts to drop out of our heads at 4-6 months that makes it seem we are losing weight.. hell, I think I lost 2 pounds of hair alone this week. :haha:
:rofl: I trying to grow my hair so better not start falling out :grr:

Well ladies, I weighed in today to keep on track with the Friday weigh in and ...............................................

3.5lbs OFF :happydance: :wohoo: :happydance:
I am very much liking My Fitness Pal!!!!!! Good work internet program!!

On the myfitnesspal forum section, there is a thread asking girls what they weigh/what their height is/ and their jean size. And funnily enough all the ladies that are my height with the same size were like 40 lbs lighter. :dohh: Just as an example, I was 170-180 lbs when this picture was taken. And 'overweight' according to charts. :wacko: I'm wearing a size 8.(UK 10)

where's this Cleckner? You look fab in that pic by the way, not overweight at all lol, silly charts!!

Yeah. It's amazing the glamorous nature of pregnancy especially. I used to throw up and pee my pants at the same time. :rofl: I had morning sickness all the way through and once she was bigger and pushing on my bladder I couldn't control it when I'd be using all the force to puke. :sick::rofl::rofl::rofl: It's amazing how much I miss pregnancy even after all of that. I think it's the prize at the end that makes it worth it though. :lol:

I was the exact same throwing up all the time but I only peed my pants once.

I am back at 151.6 so up 1 lb but I haven't been very careful this week and have had a really stressful week so I am sure it isn't there to stay.

:wave: TO all the new girls who have just joined!

I never had the weight loss at 4-6 months either. I was really looking forward to it too! I'm not sure if it's a myth, or if it actually does happen for many BFing moms. I know why it didn't happen for me....my little chunky monkey needed the fat from my milk to keep growing, so my body retained all the fat it could! I just wish it would have stopped retaining it once his growth leveled out. :wacko:
And I totally agree with the hair...I swear I was going bald a few months PP. I actually had bald spots, and had to style my hair differently so I could hide them!!

kelly29- :wave: Welcome hun! I was where you are a few months ago. Only I had 60 lbs to lose! :shock: So you are doing better than me already. :haha: Just let me know your actual stats when you can and I'll add you to the front. :flower:

Storm7- Welcome!! :wave: How does slimming world work anyways? I don't think they have slimming world here in the US.

mrs_park- :wave: I had similar hopes but only lost 5 lbs from the day I went in to have Emma. :wacko: Which is a bit ridiculous considering she weighed nearly 8 coming out. :rofl: But at least you are here while your LO is young. I didn't start until Emma was 1.5 years old. :haha: I need your exact stats too to add you to the front. :flower:

CeriB- My 40 minute walks in the evening is with Emma on my back and I tend to lose faster when I do vs. the weeks that I put her in the stroller. :thumbup: Emma weighs 23-24 lbs. but crazily enough she weighs less than the amount I've lost. So I'm basically just carrying around my old body weight when I carry her around. :wacko: Don't feel jealous hun. If anything, I'm jealous of you! Your current weight is my GOAL weight! :rofl::blush:

Cloberella- Welcome hun! :wave: Added you to the front. :flower:

Mummy2Asher- Welcome!! :wave: Added you too!

Ginger1- Hi!! :wave: Added you! I'm the same height and oddly enough I look my best at the weight you are at right now. :haha: But I have totally heavy bones I think. 160 is the lowest weight I've ever been and I had no fat on my body so it's nuts because I was still nearly 'overweight' according to BMI charts. :wacko:

Lot's of new ladies today! Someone must have brought it up in a thread in the breastfeeding section. It's the only explanation I can come up with for the sudden rush of new girls. :haha: It's nice to see some fresh faces! We started out weighing in on Fridays only but you ladies can weigh in whenever you want and I'll update when I get a chance!! :dance:

so what do i need to do? stats being weight :haha: i'm a fatty :haha: well i weighed myself the other day and i was 13st and 5lbs:cry::cry: cant bloody believe it:cry: and i'm 5 ft 4? lol not that matters lol i so need so help and inspiritaton :haha: i'm hungry :cry: always:cry: and what's this fitness pal? i'm really desperate now i want to be myself again and not feel so self conscious all the time :cry: monday the diet will start :thumbup: hello yummy mummies xx

kelly29- :wave: Welcome hun! I was where you are a few months ago. Only I had 60 lbs to lose! :shock: So you are doing better than me already. :haha: Just let me know your actual stats when you can and I'll add you to the front. :flower:

Storm7- Welcome!! :wave: How does slimming world work anyways? I don't think they have slimming world here in the US.

mrs_park- :wave: I had similar hopes but only lost 5 lbs from the day I went in to have Emma. :wacko: Which is a bit ridiculous considering she weighed nearly 8 coming out. :rofl: But at least you are here while your LO is young. I didn't start until Emma was 1.5 years old. :haha: I need your exact stats too to add you to the front. :flower:

CeriB- My 40 minute walks in the evening is with Emma on my back and I tend to lose faster when I do vs. the weeks that I put her in the stroller. :thumbup: Emma weighs 23-24 lbs. but crazily enough she weighs less than the amount I've lost. So I'm basically just carrying around my old body weight when I carry her around. :wacko: Don't feel jealous hun. If anything, I'm jealous of you! Your current weight is my GOAL weight! :rofl::blush:

Cloberella- Welcome hun! :wave: Added you to the front. :flower:

Mummy2Asher- Welcome!! :wave: Added you too!

Ginger1- Hi!! :wave: Added you! I'm the same height and oddly enough I look my best at the weight you are at right now. :haha: But I have totally heavy bones I think. 160 is the lowest weight I've ever been and I had no fat on my body so it's nuts because I was still nearly 'overweight' according to BMI charts. :wacko:

Lot's of new ladies today! Someone must have brought it up in a thread in the breastfeeding section. It's the only explanation I can come up with for the sudden rush of new girls. :haha: It's nice to see some fresh faces! We started out weighing in on Fridays only but you ladies can weigh in whenever you want and I'll update when I get a chance!! :dance:

so what do i need to do? stats being weight :haha: i'm a fatty :haha: well i weighed myself the other day and i was 13st and 5lbs:cry::cry: cant bloody believe it:cry: and i'm 5 ft 4? lol not that matters lol i so need so help and inspiritaton :haha: i'm hungry :cry: always:cry: and what's this fitness pal? i'm really desperate now i want to be myself again and not feel so self conscious all the time :cry: monday the diet will start :thumbup: hello yummy mummies xx

www.myfitnesspal.com

it's a website that you can track your calorie intakes and excersises on, it also has a forum bit, it's quite good lol

hi jellybean i just been on it but what do you put for what you do now? i'm lazy? lol which i'm not !!! but i do sit alot but also walk dog kids etc? is there anything for boobie feeding mummies? or just try fill it out best i can? oh and it say's 1200 cals a day? i just don't wanna mess my milk up!!! lol xx
oh and can you make friends on there? please add me if so my user name is kellywiththebelly:haha::haha: x

Kelly - you can add breastfeeding as a snack every day and you get an extra 500cal. I filled in what i could and what was closest to what i am like now. It took a day or 2 to get used to it, but it is great now!

thank you xxx i'm just trying to do it now!!! lol i'm so thick at time lol and i'm so fed up with having a headache :( xx

CeriB- Don't worry dear, I've seen that said in the BFing section before too. There must be some truth to it otherwise it wouldn't be said so much. :D I'm just making a joke out of it. :haha:

Jellybeann- I'm trying to find that thread again on there. I swear it was in the fun section but I could be wrong. I haven't posted on there at all yet but I think I might jump in eventually. :haha: If I find that thread I'll let you know. It was interesting seeing the sizes of everyone vs. height and weight.

Kelly- what is your goal weight? I'll add you to the front once I get that. :D

Ooo just doing my search on there for height/weight/size thread and I found this website. https://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html You can input what you are or what your goal is and see what others look like at the same height/weight etc. :thumbup:

Crap I was on here and forgot to even say what weight I'm at now. :dohh: I lost 5 lbs this week from myfitnesspal!!! :dance: I'm down to 208.4 lbs. Only 8.4 lbs left to pre-Emma weight!! :dance::dance:

awww well done on weight loss :) just went on that link and it says no one!!! lol x i want to be 10 stone at least!!! please xxx

:rofl: I think it's a fairly new site because it doesn't have that many people yet. There's one more I found too. See if you can find it on this one.
https://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html

omg :( i'm soooooo fat looking at these pics of peeps :( gotta go out now georges footy lol xxx thank you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->