!!The Milky Mommy Weightloss Thread!!

I'm not personally following a plan so I can't really help. I'm using myfitnesspal.com to input what I eat and it lets me know if I'm going over on my daily calories/fat/sodium/etc. But I haven't been doing it for the past 2 weeks. :blush: I need to get back to it. I haven't noticed any dip in supply but I'm also not 'dieting' or cutting anything out so that is probably why. I am just exercising 60 minutes of cardio a day plus a nightly 45 minute walk. I waited until Emma was older to start doing all of this because I didn't want my supply to be affected at all. Now that she is older she doesn't feed nearly as often so I figured it would be safe. But there are a few ladies in this group with younger babies and they haven't mentioned supply dips either so I think it'd be okay as long as you aren't doing extreme diets. :flower:

Hey ladies hope you are all well!

I have an extra incentive now - wedding is booked!

Hoping i have lost a pound this week, fingers crossed! I have not lost for 4 weeks now :(
:happydance: Congrats!!!!!

I am down 2+kg (so 4.5lbs or so) which is pretty good as so far all I've really done is cut the take out down to once a month and make my OH stop bringing snacks home (he's so awful for that). I was disheartened for a bit as I'm only eating around 1500 cal/day (which is normal for my eating patterns). So at least something is happening.
Thats brill!!! Sometimes, weight can come off quite slowly so you may find a bigger loss next week.

im down to 228 now!
:happydance: Congrats!

So, I have started Slimming World again :blush: I had a really good chat with the consultant about my BFing etc and she gave me loads of stuff to read about how SW can help with dieting and BFing and so far so good! Weigh-in Thurs morning, so we shall see!

omg Ive packed on the pounds in the last few weeks. really angry with myself because I was so happy with myself a couple of months ago, was in the best shape of my life and felt really happy in a bikini. Now I feel disgusting and have literally put on about 5kgs...... sigh. so I'm doing it no-carb from now on! Tomorrow is gonna be awful as have just gorged myself on icecream, scones and cinamin buns! Woaaah I'm gross.

2 pound off for me this week.... Finally!! Cleckner please change front total weight loss to 11.5 now thanks xx

Can I join second weigh in with WW this thursday lost 2 pounds last week my first week!

was reading this morning that I should have extra points because of BF is that correct

jms well done hun!! :dance:

I've seriously been completely out of the weight loss mindset the past weeks. I just stopped caring. So today I'm "trying" to track my food on myfitnesspal again and I'll walk and ride my exercise bike again. I've been walking the past few days but not the exercise bike because I hurt my knee the last time and I'm worried I'll do more damage if I don't let it heal. But tonight I'm gonna take my time and lower the resistance if I have to. I don't know how the heck to get my head back into it. I just don't care anymore. I think it's because I'm basically at my pre-pregnancy weight right now so I gave up. When really I still want to lose my gain from the miscarriage in 08 too. So as of today I'm gonna start 'over' so to speak. :thumbup:

Oh yeah, Welcome CelticNiamh :wave:!!! Just give me your stats and I'll add you to the front post. :flower: We should be getting extra calories as BFing women. Since your baby is so young I think you'd need 500 extra calories. Mommies with younger babies, correct that if I'm wrong though. I only personally add 200 calories to my diet but my LO is much older so doesn't BF as often.

cleckner I just found a link today from ww saying I should have been eating an extra 14 points per day :shrug: will have to ask at WI on Thursday! that seems a lot to eat!

I'm currently 182 my goal is 126 so Ive 56 to lose and so far lost 2 pounds last week!

is there a particular day you update :flower:

I tend to have weigh ins on Fridays but lately everyone just weighs in when they want. So just update me anytime you want and I'll change the front when I get a chance. :D

I don't know if it's been mentioned in here, but I did find something that said that each ounce of milk burns 20 calories. Babies not on solids are on 24-30ish oz per day so that is 480-600 cal per day.

hi ladies :) how's every one getting on? well i'm slightly gutted as iv'e only really be dieting propaly for a week but weighed myself yday and i'm still the same!!!! i'm so gutted:cry::cry: i think of all the things i would of eaten but didn't:cry: and the healthy choices i made instead:shrug: i know i still cant do any real exercise as i still have a crappy knee but i do walk here and there!!! sorry! :haha: x

Is this your first week of proper dieting hun? My first week doing it I didn't lose either. Than after I got into it a bit more, the weight started finally dropping. Are you getting enough water as well? Another thing is sodium. Now that I've started watching my sodium, the weight is dropping easier. I don't eat any prepackaged foods anymore if I can help it because it is all SUPER high in sodium. Even the 'healthy' soups that I have in my cupboards. Please don't get too discouraged. If you read back I've went through some seriously rough weeks and have even told myself I was done with this shit a few times. :blush: Just keep at it. :hugs::hugs:

kelly keep at it, it will show :flower: even with out exercise you can lose weight, I was feeling crap during the week as I weighed my self and it said I was up 1 pound! but today at WI I was down 2 :happydance: very happy with that

I was given the extra 14 points per day as well for WW seems a lot but will see what happens this week!

oh my DH is supporting me as well and he has lost 7 pounds last week and I say he might have hit a stone this week :happydance: happy and jealous :haha:

Well done with the loss CelticNiamh!! :dance: Men always lose faster. It's total bullshit imo. :lol:

Off to update your name on the front post. :flower:

Well, we just got back from holiday.... i just weighed myself & i gained 4 freaking pounds!!! So annoyed with myself! :dohh: I'm also 5 days late for my AF, so either I'm about to have a mega one & i can put it all down to bloating & crapness or the NTNP has worked, lol. (you can guess which one i'm hoping for, but I'm assuming I'm just late).

anyways... I'll weigh in properly tomorrow morning. Hope everyone else is having a more successful week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->