!!The Milky Mommy Weightloss Thread!!

I think it was my periods returning. That's the only reason I can think of!

That can happen I always noticed that a few days before AF when I was BF before! that may happen before every AF but it returns to normal :thumbup:

cleckner04 glad im not the only one, I think it helps me keep on track! hey well done on the loss its in the right direction! :thumbup:
my friends DH is heading off on tour to the lebhon the end of the month she is all ready feeling down over it, the longest I was apart from my DH was a month it was so hard so I think you ladys deserve medals

hope im down this week, even though I was good I feel bloated :dohh:

Thanks hun. :hugs: I need a giant medal in the form of a vibrator for all the lonely nights. :rofl::rofl:

Well, I am almost certain that I'll be up this week. I ovulated and I always gain 2-3 lbs for that. Well I only dropped about half of that back off so I'm still up as of this morning. I'm not going to worry about it. I think I should get a free week with DH coming home. :haha:

Hey ladies, would love to join you! My lo is 4 weeks old, I started weight watchers yesterday, I only ended up using half my daily points, they give u an extra 14 a day so that you dont loose more than 1lb a week if ur breastfeeding. If I loose more than that a week will it really affect my supply?

Start weight 151lbs
goal 119 lbs

But ill be thrilled to get to 126lbs

Im only 5"2 so its stil a healthy weight for me x

Morning :flower:

I weighed myself cheekily a day early because I felt 'light' this morning :haha:

2lb lost :happydance: Also I have reached my first mini target of 9stone 7lb. 1 stone to go to my big goal of 8stone 7lb :flower:

Thanks hun. :hugs: I need a giant medal in the form of a vibrator for all the lonely nights. :rofl::rofl:

Well, I am almost certain that I'll be up this week. I ovulated and I always gain 2-3 lbs for that. Well I only dropped about half of that back off so I'm still up as of this morning. I'm not going to worry about it. I think I should get a free week with DH coming home. :haha:

HAHAHA!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: My DH goes off filming sometimes, and it gets pretty lonely, but I can't imagine 6 months at a time!

Morning :flower:

I weighed myself cheekily a day early because I felt 'light' this morning :haha:

2lb lost :happydance: Also I have reached my first mini target of 9stone 7lb. 1 stone to go to my big goal of 8stone 7lb :flower:

YAY!! I'm 6lb off my first target!

Can I join this please?

Starting weight 154lbs
Goal weight 130lbs
Current weight 154lbs
Total loss 0lbs
Left to lose 24lbs

Quick question ladies - have any of you experienced weight loss kicking in around 6 months into bf?

My weight stayed completely static at 9st 12lb for 5 months - nothing I tried would do anything. Now though, even though I havent made any particular changes to my eating or excercise...maybe a little more walking because the weather has been better...I am suddenly losing weight :shrug:

In the past 3 weeks I have gone from 9stone 12 to 9stone 5 the other day...I'm not complaining but I get a bit concerned about my milk supply. Is this a 6 month thing????

Yes I have! I am dieting but over the last few weeks I have not really stuck to plan and still gradually losing. I read online that optimum weight loss is when baby is 3-6 months exclusively bf xx

Quick question ladies - have any of you experienced weight loss kicking in around 6 months into bf?

My weight stayed completely static at 9st 12lb for 5 months - nothing I tried would do anything. Now though, even though I havent made any particular changes to my eating or excercise...maybe a little more walking because the weather has been better...I am suddenly losing weight :shrug:

In the past 3 weeks I have gone from 9stone 12 to 9stone 5 the other day...I'm not complaining but I get a bit concerned about my milk supply. Is this a 6 month thing????

I've also heard that most of the best weight loss comes at 4 - 6 months. But to be honest I'll bet the more frequent walks have helped. For some people the slow burn of a walk works better for weight loss because it doesn't make them hungrier whereas more strenuous workouts do. Even if you think your eating is absolutely steady, our bodies are clever things and no how to trick us into eating more calorific things. In any event, congrats on the loss so far, just keep on doing what you've been doing. :)

Welp, I've been BF'ing for 11+ months and my weight loss has been as slow as a turtle the entire time. Going past 6 months didn't do a darn thing for me.

I gained 2 pounds this week....a bit pissed off about it, but AF came today, so it was probably bloat.

Finally bought myself that treadmill. Very pleased. So exercise here I come. Hopefully it will make some difference. Just thinking that I'd like to be doing some kind of exercise before I get pregnant again as I am woefully out of shape (not that I'm ovulating, but I can dream, right?). When I got pregnant before I was a 3x a week gym person (down from 5x a week), which then dropped off by 2nd-3rd tri due to SPD and being tired.
Weight is still the same. Around 107-108kg. :? I guess I don't expect much though. 15-1800cal per day and BF is not enough for me to lose weight. As much as I'd like to I know it's unrealistic for me, so I can just focus on building muscle and getting in better shape.

Okay, I've been distracted the last few times I hopped on here but I am going to update right now for you all. :thumbup:

I lost 0.8 lbs this week too btw. Which sounds decent but I was down 1.8 and I mysteriously put a lb back on. :wacko:

Hey ladies, would love to join you! My lo is 4 weeks old, I started weight watchers yesterday, I only ended up using half my daily points, they give u an extra 14 a day so that you dont loose more than 1lb a week if ur breastfeeding. If I loose more than that a week will it really affect my supply?

Start weight 151lbs
goal 119 lbs

But ill be thrilled to get to 126lbs

Im only 5"2 so its stil a healthy weight for me x

I joined ww when my lo was 6 weeks I tried one week eating not even half the extra 14 I just could not do it plus I was up a pound rather than down, for me I knew it was to much food! so now I eat my 29 daily pp make sure I eat plenty of fruit and veg and I use the weekly pp if I need more food I have lost from 0.5 to 2 pound max every week I happy with that I don't know why the extra pp didn't work as I know plenty of others it has and does work and they lose 1 pound each week I think because Im very small 4 ft 10 and I was on a very strict diet because of GD was is why. it was more food than I have eaten in a year LOL.

I got a present of a cross trainer for my birthday :happydance::happydance: my MIL surprised me with it this evening :happydance::happydance:

oh I lost half a pound this week!

cleckner :haha::haha: :thumbup: :haha: cracking me up! love the positive attitude

Celtic niamh thanks for answering me :)

Thats interesting to know, I have been thinking that it just seems far too easy, so I will be interested to know what I loose if anything! Im also small though not as petite as yourself! Im 5"2.

I take it you have not found it to have affected your milk supply sticking to only 29? X

Celtic niamh thanks for answering me :)

Thats interesting to know, I have been thinking that it just seems far too easy, so I will be interested to know what I loose if anything! Im also small though not as petite as yourself! Im 5"2.

I take it you have not found it to have affected your milk supply sticking to only 29? X

no not at all its been fine thankfully, I was thinking if it did I eat more so far so good though!

stick with it for now and see what happens and then you can adjust the extra points if needed it took me about two weeks to get used to it but I love it now, Im never hungry and do not feel deprived as with the extra 49 I can have a treat if I want, although took me a while to get used to that Idea after not being allowed any thing nice when I was pregnant because of GD LOL

Good luck and keep us updated :thumbup:

hi ladies sorry its been a while!!! but that's it iv'e started for good this time :) i got some skecher tone trainers though i look like a twat:haha::haha: and i started my 30 day shred dvd:blush::haha: omg so hard:dohh: you wouldn't believe it though to start of with!!! anyone else done it? x

I love the 30 Day Shred!

I started on Atkins yesterday and did an initial weigh in and I've lost 2 pounds in a day already! I'm not counting it as an official weigh in, I'll do another one at the end of the week, but I'm really hoping I finally found something that will work for me.

ooh lucky mare!!! i wanna lose weight!! i need to just watch what i eat i think rather than anything special:dohh: i'm to hungry to stop eating:haha: i cant believe how hard the dvd was:haha: i need to get fit:haha: so do you do the dvd? how often should i do it? i'm guessing i should do it 2m but then again i'm thinking i'm gonna be achey 2m:haha: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->