~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

:wave: sara. Yea, i'm thinking about it at the min. Not sure if shes asking a bit much £50 second hand plus fees :shrug:

That's too much second hand for a BH...is it well used? Is it a custom one? As I said, I will sell you mine if you're interested? x

Laurie - if you are wanting the nippas urgently, they sell them in our mothercare world...one near you might too if you pop in? xxx:hugs:

They didn't have any in there yesterday :-( so I bought pins BUT they have just turned up. I'm keeping the nippas for my white terries but I'm sending the coloured terries back and buying some other nappies :blush:

i thought it wa a bit expenive for preloved!! i've seen a new custom one for around £60 i think :shrug:

i got fluff!!! my slinki minki came !! sooo excited its going in the wash now so i can try it on her!! :wohoo:

it looks bulky tho but apparently they are fantastic for nighttime use tho??

:wohoo:

sara

xxx

:wave: sara. Yea, i'm thinking about it at the min. Not sure if shes asking a bit much £50 second hand plus fees :shrug:

i thought that too - but i'm not really up on bh/th's worth a try to get her to drop her price tho!! i looks really nice !! loving then minkee:thumbup:

sara

xxxxxxxxxx

I've seen them on a site for £52 brand new and a good choice of colours & patterns. She's already dropped the price so not sure if she would again?

That's too much second hand for a BH...is it well used? Is it a custom one? As I said, I will sell you mine if you're interested? x

Thanks hunny. Is yours a babyhawk did you say? Is ita black 1?

Tbh i'm just considerin the whole sling thing, i really don't know if i can justify the spend on soemthing i don't know how much i'd use. I would really like one but i'm just not sure. I'm going to try and have a wander down to my local sling meet when it's back up and running and see how they take my fancy! I also can't decide which would be best for us a babyhawk or toddler :dohh:

i thought it wa a bit expenive for preloved!! i've seen a new custom one for around £60 i think :shrug:

i got fluff!!! my slinki minki came !! sooo excited its going in the wash now so i can try it on her!! :wohoo:

it looks bulky tho but apparently they are fantastic for nighttime use tho??

:wohoo:

sara

xxx

:wohoo: :dance: yay for new fluffyness!

Probably a really dumb question because my brain seems to have taken a holiday and left me behind :blush: but whats a slinki minki?

Oooo...what's a slinki minki? Off for a nosey!

I want some new fluff (naughty I know as I can't use it atm anyway :blush:)....

I need some help choosing! As much as I love some of the 'expensive' nappies, I need to be a little more economical really (trying to be sensible)....

I need;

* Ultra absorbant/option to add boosters
* Prefer pockets (but am open to any suggestions as I've decided I might start using fleece liners to keep moisture away from Deri's bum in all nappies now as he's suffered sooo much)

Erm...I did try Fuzzi's and gave up on them very quickly as they were quite bulky but if I remember rightly, they didn't leak so I'm the idiot for not trying to adjust them more to get the less bulky fit! I'm thinking I might try another...what d'you think? I don't mind bulkier nappies for home use.

Any ideas........? xx

ohhh no, i'm just looking at their site. Why did i do that :dohh: I've just ordered a new nappy and wipes, one more wouldn't hurt? :blush:

i thought that too - but i'm not really up on bh/th's worth a try to get her to drop her price tho!! i looks really nice !! loving then minkee:thumbup:

sara

xxxxxxxxxx

I've seen them on a site for £52 brand new and a good choice of colours & patterns. She's already dropped the price so not sure if she would again?

Thanks hunny. Is yours a babyhawk did you say? Is ita black 1?

Tbh i'm just considerin the whole sling thing, i really don't know if i can justify the spend on soemthing i don't know how much i'd use. I would really like one but i'm just not sure. I'm going to try and have a wander down to my local sling meet when it's back up and running and see how they take my fancy! I also can't decide which would be best for us a babyhawk or toddler :dohh:

I'll move this over to the babywearing thread hun......

moooorrrniing!

Well last night the Little Lamb impressed me... ok it didnt last all night like a disposable but if i had put more soaker things in it may have done, but also changing him didnt disturb him too much anyway.

It lasted from about 7:45 pm till 2am with it only just slightly leaking up the back and i mean only a bit so not bad in my eyes :happydance: only thing was i forgot to take a new one up with me and cause im lazy in the middle of the night ended up with a disposable on lol but in my defence i only have four nappies to rotate at the mo hehe

I have put one on him this morning at about 7:30 and at just before 10 i checked and only needed to change the soaker inside as i had put 2 in.. didnt see point in changing whole thing when it wasnt wet :thumbup:

Really liking the idea of this... although dreading a poo :rofl:

also hubby is a bit hesistant i think, he has said he dosnt mind them but seem more hassle than they are worth.. and i think thats because you put nappy on then a wrap also the washing to which i said well i do lots of washing anyway so whats one more load?

i should be doing washing up but i cant be bothered!

Hey, what are your LL's made of? I have the bamboo ones, which I thought were meant to be the most absorbant, and I have to change Freya about every two hours, which is fine during the day, but not at night!

I'm amazed yours lasted 6 hours!:thumbup:

I'm using other brands at night, have tried FB, BB and Motherease, but none of them last til I change her (she sleeps for about 8/9 hours). They are full of bamboo soakers aswell! She sleeps on her front which I think doesn't help.

Anyone know a reeeeeeeally absorbant night-time nappy? She wees a lot!!!

I haven't tried myself (not brave enough yet!) but i think wee notions night nappies are supposed to be pretty good.

moooorrrniing!

Well last night the Little Lamb impressed me... ok it didnt last all night like a disposable but if i had put more soaker things in it may have done, but also changing him didnt disturb him too much anyway.

It lasted from about 7:45 pm till 2am with it only just slightly leaking up the back and i mean only a bit so not bad in my eyes :happydance: only thing was i forgot to take a new one up with me and cause im lazy in the middle of the night ended up with a disposable on lol but in my defence i only have four nappies to rotate at the mo hehe

I have put one on him this morning at about 7:30 and at just before 10 i checked and only needed to change the soaker inside as i had put 2 in.. didnt see point in changing whole thing when it wasnt wet :thumbup:

also hubby is a bit hesistant i think, he has said he dosnt mind them but seem more hassle than they are worth.. and i think thats because you put nappy on then a wrap also the washing to which i said well i do lots of washing anyway so whats one more load?

Hey, what are your LL's made of? I have the bamboo ones, which I thought were meant to be the most absorbant, and I have to change Freya about every two hours, which is fine during the day, but not at night!

I'm using other brands at night, have tried FB, BB and Motherease, but none of them last til I change her (she sleeps for about 8/9 hours). They are full of bamboo soakers aswell! She sleeps on her front which I think doesn't help.

Apparently Night Notions by Wee Notions are good but I haven't tried them. A lot of people rate Bum Genius V3's for overnight but Deri leaked through those by the time he'd slept from 8-7 (although I think it only started to leak just before I got him out of his cot).....on a site I found, it says that Eco Bubs are night nappies and some others...let me go find out for you....(I have the same issue!!)

xx

Can anyone comment on the sizes of ecobubs? It says large is from 22lbs+ but I was wondering how you girls who have mediums get on? (Jacqui and Sam I know you both have them!)

x

afternoon all,
hope people's new fluff arrives quickly :dance: i'm waiting on a bandanna bib, not as exciting as fluff but still, i thought it was hear when the postie rung this morning, but it was a card instead :dohh:

i brought some washable wipes from bibs n bots - and they seem fab, and were really basic and cheap :) but i might order some weenotions ones when i order nappies from them! i just can't decided what i like :blush:

moooorrrniing!

Hi hun they are the micro fibre ones! :D i was surprised too! i put two liners inside :D

how you getting on with your mio carly? you given it a go yet? x

I have been using the Pop in by close parent at night and its been fab.U get an extra bamboo soaker with them for night time use and they have not leaked on me yet(touch wood!)They are BTP ones too.Like these here.(i didnt buy mine from here just first link I found with a bit of info!!!).My little man is a heavy wetter and BGs were no good at night for us.x

https://www.babipur.co.uk/shop/Washable_Nappies-Pop-In_Nappies_Original_Bamboo/c23_21/index.html

how you getting on with your mio carly? you given it a go yet? x

yessss! we've been using it every day with our other ones honey, i love it! i left some piccies in the cloth bum thread for you too see as a huge thank you from me and maddi :D its fab honey! i love :D xx

Oooo...what's a slinki minki? Off for a nosey!

I want some new fluff (naughty I know as I can't use it atm anyway :blush:)....

I need some help choosing! As much as I love some of the 'expensive' nappies, I need to be a little more economical really (trying to be sensible)....

I need;

* Ultra absorbant/option to add boosters
* Prefer pockets (but am open to any suggestions as I've decided I might start using fleece liners to keep moisture away from Deri's bum in all nappies now as he's suffered sooo much)

Erm...I did try Fuzzi's and gave up on them very quickly as they were quite bulky but if I remember rightly, they didn't leak so I'm the idiot for not trying to adjust them more to get the less bulky fit! I'm thinking I might try another...what d'you think? I don't mind bulkier nappies for home use.

Any ideas........? xx

See post above about the pop in hun,might work for you.xx

Well I think the teething has started for my DD, her bum is sooooooooooooo red and shes never suffered from nappy rash in cloth before :cry: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->