The 'naughtiest' thing you have done

Jennifurball

Mother of 1 and a bump!
Reaction score
This isn't a thread to judge people, just to show that it is hard doing what we are doing and it is normal to 'slip' or make a few wrong decisions and also support each other in trying to stay healthy for baby.

For me when I took my first test, it was after a glass of wine and after I got my positive, I finished the bottle off that night knowing I was preggers. :nope:

Since then I haven't done anything I shouldn't apart from now, I am drinking 'proper' tea again, bad I know but I miss it so much. I seem to be eating a lot of sweet stuff too, which again I know isn't good but my body is craving it. :nope:

Your turn!

Im maybe being a little bit lazy on the days I don't feel as tired as I have done in past days because im enjoying people looking after me :blush:

Also now im past the first trimester my baths tend to be a bit hotter than they should be, at least im not so early that i could have scrammbled my eggs :laugh2::laugh2: xx

This is my 3rd baby and I've been careless. I've had more coffee than I should and eaten deli meats without heating them. Thanks, makes me feel better!

I have a nice warm bath every night to help me relax....well I say warm it's more hot but you know, LO is still there kicking around & he/she has a nice relaxed Mummy too!

Also I regularly have 1 glass of wine a week as a treat & even had one last night on an empty stomach because I was so stressed!

I've had dippy eggs, I didn't realise I wasn't meant to have goats cheese, I've had cold deli meats, without thinking I started to eat cake mix, then realised and stopped!! Toughest has been avoiding the pate!! Especially whenever I go to my mums she seems to have it for lunch!!x

This is my 3rd baby and I've been careless. I've had more coffee than I should and eaten deli meats without heating them. Thanks, makes me feel better!

exactly the same!! Its my third and I've been having more caffeine than I should and each day I say today is the last day and tomorrow I will stick to the limits but its so hard:nope:..also I ate deli meat with out heating it a couple times..I licked raw cake batter once or twice :wacko:
my toddler kicks me in the belly hard almost everyday and it scares me to death but so far everything looks perfect :)

I tried to eat something with a small amount of foie gras in at a restaurant. Unfortunately the nausea got the better of me and I was only able to eat a few mouthfuls of it. I had a lovely glass of champagne last weekend. When I was 5 weeks and had just found out, I was on holiday and I had a couple of drinks then.
I enjoy slightly soft eggs on a regular basis.

I have a couple of glasses of wine , i have hot baths every night and I drink coke.I don't think these things are actually bad though, but I guess some would class them as bad x

I had blue cheese dip with chicken wings and didn't even realise until afterwards....also have a sip or two of wine whenever (2-3 times a week) OH is drinking....um, hot baths as need to wake up in the morning (cannot tolerate the shower at the moment....)

oh, had some lovely gin and tonics before I knew I was pregnant (but I was late, and assumed that it just my usual erratic cycles!)

best wishes

Before I got pregnant I was a 20 a day smoker.. After I found out I cut down and quit in a week... When I was about 16 weeks pregnant me and oh had a massive arguement so I went round to my friends house and we shared a cigerette :( I felt soooo guilty and still do, and was sick after so taught me a lesson! Oh still doesn't know haha! Urmmmm iv also had the odd few hot baths and lifted things I shouldn't xxxx

Most guidelines are over the top if I'm honest.... Also, a mw told me for running eggs too do any damage you would have to eat 1000's.
Most days I have a glass of coke...... Urm....... Eat peanuts, but tbh no one on any side of our familys have allergys.

I feel a bit better now then! lol

Yes another one for me is I have become lazy with my Pregnacare - I feel guilty but then tell myself, well he/she has done the most of their development now. :wacko:

I won't touch wine now but I may have one at Christmas as I will be half way through pregnancy then. I will most definitely be having some on my 30th too, a week before due date, or he/she could be here by then, who knows?!!

I got completly wasted on Smirnoff Vodka 2 days before I found out I was pregnant :dohh: In my defense we weren't actively trying and my period was not late yet!I still feel bad about that.

I keep forgetting to take my prenatal vitamins :(

DITTO! I took prescription folic acid up until 12 weeks but since then I haven't remembered my vitamins many times at all. Oops. Slap on wrist for us.

I'm sure there is worse things we can do though.

Ooowps and I've been in the hotub a few times this week. I have turned the temp right down though.

I keep forgetting my vitamins and I've had a hot bath/shower on a number of occasions.

I took the folic acid until 12 weeks. I am on enough drugs and remembering to take vitamins on top of that is one step too far! Also they give me horrendous constipation. So I am getting vitamins from food. Just like I did before I got pregnant! getting vitamins from food has worked out fine for me for the last 33 years.

God i'm awful! :blush: Erm... Hot baths, poached eggs with runny yolks, deli meats, smoked salmon, i have 1 coffee shop coffee a week, but drink normal tea everyday (not by the pint, but still) I've eaten cake mix raw, lifted stuff i probably shouldn't have, and when i was on holiday i had a glass (or 2) of wine every night of the 4 days we were away, but none before or since. I've not taken any vitamins since 12 weeks either.
So i probably deserve prison for abuse by this point! :shock: However, i have a healthy varied diet, and an active and healthy lifestyle on the whole, baby is perfect in there, and has a strong heartbeat and is very active. I also have food safety and hygiene qualifications so alot of the stuff i've eaten i know exactly the risks i am taking and they are very very tiny to be honest. I'd rather eat a soft boiled egg than eat reheated rice, thats far more risky in my opinion! The only thing i feel slightly badly about is the amount of caffeine i have, i could do with cutting it down, although i'm within recommended levels still. My excuse to myself is that i have an active toddler to keep up with!

I have hot baths now and again. I still drink a cup of tea every day - sometimes 2!! *shock horror* and I eat sweet things even though I've got gestational diabetes.
I'm not trying to test my luck, but I do think there is such a thing as being over precautious. Ultimately, all of my midwife appointments (every 2 weeks) have been fine, they've not tutted at my numbers in the glucose diary, and baby is measuring spot on.
:)
I think there is a fine line between sensible and plain stupid, and all of us know instinctively when we're about to cross it!

I deliberatey got lunch meat from the deli for a sandwich and didn't heat it up. Tasted amazing. I've eaten raw cookie batter before realizing it had raw eggs and I've forgotten my prenatal vitamins lately... Although, baby takes what it needs and vitamins are really for replacing my lost nutrients...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->