The NEVER had a BFP thread. Lets stick together ladies!

:wacko: I'm gonna test again tomorrow... I've never had a cycle this long... thought for sure I was going to start two days ago, had cramping for two days! I'm starting to get my hopes up big time! even though I had a bfn yesterday on one of those cheepie internet strips! :dohh:

Never mind witch got me...

:wacko: I'm gonna test again tomorrow... I've never had a cycle this long... thought for sure I was going to start two days ago, had cramping for two days! I'm starting to get my hopes up big time! even though I had a bfn yesterday on one of those cheepie internet strips! :dohh:

Never mind witch got me...

Sorry AF got you :hugs:

Isn't that always the way? An hour after i write that she shows up and i have to edit myself!

I'm in better spirits because we're headed to the urologist in a minute! YAY answers! Although next time I would Appriciate it if the witch didn't show up late so I don't get my hopes up! It's just rude to be late in general if you ask me! Thanks for the hugs ladies! ;)

Isn't that always the way? An hour after i write that she shows up and i have to edit myself!

I'm in better spirits because we're headed to the urologist in a minute! YAY answers! Although next time I would Appriciate it if the witch didn't show up late so I don't get my hopes up! It's just rude to be late in general if you ask me! Thanks for the hugs ladies! ;)

It is VERY rude to be late! You're right! lol Glad you're able to go to the urologist to get some answers!

I'm seeing "urologist" thrown around a bit in here and wondering what specifically they would do to our DH's when they pay them a visit? I was driving the other day and saw a whole urologist complex and I thought maybe my DH could check it out if we don't get our BFP this cycle ;)

I'm cd 16 today and kinda confused about whether or not I got a true +OPK, so just waiting for temp rise and dtd in the mean time.

Well the first step would be to do a semen analysis, and I think if something comes back with an issue they would take steps to correct that.
Our urologist confirmed my husband's diagnosis of testicular cancer back in May, and later performed that actual surgery. But I'm sure they do much more mundane things as well.

urologists also do ultrasounds (or balltrasounds as I've seen them called :haha: ) to check that everything is good down there

minuet that's so scary that your hubby had testicular cancer! Is everything ok with him since the surgery?

This wait is killing me! I had a spike in temp today (6 dpo) and slept nearly all day yesterday... I hope these are good signs!!

Nurse sorry about AF but what did the urologist say? When will you know about your DH?

Nurse sorry about AF but what did the urologist say? When will you know about your DH?

The urologist wants a more extensive sperm analysis... Since the general practitioner just got a count. So morphology, count, ph, motility. And he's doing a blood panel for all the hormones that can effect it. He said if his hormones are off he'll put my DH on clomid. He was actually great and wanted to know about my cycles too! He seemed optimistic and told us to BD every other day since his counts are low. Our apt to get the results is Tuesday!

As for me I still have to wait till Nov to make sure I'm ok, reproductively speaking! Onto Cycle #6!

I'm seeing "urologist" thrown around a bit in here and wondering what specifically they would do to our DH's when they pay them a visit? I was driving the other day and saw a whole urologist complex and I thought maybe my DH could check it out if we don't get our BFP this cycle ;)

I'm cd 16 today and kinda confused about whether or not I got a true +OPK, so just waiting for temp rise and dtd in the mean time.

Sperm analysis, ultrasound for varicles, and blood work for hormone levels! It's Pretty non invasive for a man in comparison to us!!! That's why we got him checked first!

My DH still has not gotten checked... I made him an appt last month but he cancelled it. If we dont get our BFP next week he agreed to get checked!

My DH still has not gotten checked... I made him an appt last month but he cancelled it. If we dont get our BFP next week he agreed to get checked!

Ya men can be really weird about it! I went with him both times, so there's no backing out! Lol I told him, when this is all over it ends with me in pain for hours or days and weeks of recovery to give us a baby... You can suck it up, do it im a cup and give a little blood!!!! :haha:

That's great you were able to get him to go to the doctor! I know if we end up.doing testing it will be a struggle to get mine to go, I'm hoping my doctor will give me a requisition for him without seeing him. or maybe I'll just finally get pregnant and we won't have to worry!

minuet that's so scary that your hubby had testicular cancer! Is everything ok with him since the surgery?

Yes so far so good. He had to have surgery to remove the cancer, and then a serious surgery called RPLND, as the cancer had started spreading to his lymph nodes. We also had to bank sperm since the RPLND could have caused the same effect as a vasectomy, and in case cancer rears its ugly head again and he needs chemo.
Now he has to do blood every month, and CT scans every few months, and everything is 'working properly' down there, so a very positive result!
But it was very scary at the time!

This wait is killing me! I had a spike in temp today (6 dpo) and slept nearly all day yesterday... I hope these are good signs!!

Lovely spike dear!

The urologist wants a more extensive sperm analysis... Since the general practitioner just got a count. So morphology, count, ph, motility. And he's doing a blood panel for all the hormones that can effect it. He said if his hormones are off he'll put my DH on clomid. He was actually great and wanted to know about my cycles too! He seemed optimistic and told us to BD every other day since his counts are low. Our apt to get the results is Tuesday!

Wow I didn't know they put men on Clomid. That's weird, what effect is it supposed to have on them?

I really find it not cool of men to fight getting checked like that! I mean for petes sake, look what you go through! And he fights doing something as simple as peeing and a needle prick.
You could have been wasting your time all this time with all these invasive procedures and meds, when it could have been him all along. That's not fair to you or your body, let alone the budget. Not cool.

/ end rant

That's great you were able to get him to go to the doctor! I know if we end up.doing testing it will be a struggle to get mine to go, I'm hoping my doctor will give me a requisition for him without seeing him. or maybe I'll just finally get pregnant and we won't have to worry!

Your spouse needs to just man up and go do it, they make it out to be a much bigger deal than it is. As I said to blucky, I don't think it's fair for them to throw such a fuss when women have way more invasive things done to them in the line of testing and treatments!

< this is a pet peeve of mine *tapes hand over mouth* >

haha min it is okay! I agree, I mean I have had surgery, tried various medicines and natural treatments, taken needles to the tummy, and had heartbreak after heartbreak with the BFNs, the least he can do is jizz in a cup and run it to the doc:haha::blush:! I mean he can even do it at home! Well at least we agree that if this isnt our month that he is going.. and maybe I will suggest that the old chubby nurse give him a hand :haha:

Do you think my spike means anything? I mean I am about 6DPO (7DPT) and I dont wanna read to much into it but I do kind of "feel" preggo. As in I am super tired, hungrier than usual, peeing more frequently (I know its kinda soon for that symptom) but I just feel preggo in a way I cant really explain. I dont know. I told my DH that today but also told him that I didnt want to get our hopes up. :shrug: this has been the longest week of my life... and I technically have another week to wait!

Wow I didn't know they put men on Clomid. That's weird, what effect is it supposed to have on them?

I really find it not cool of men to fight getting checked like that! I mean for petes sake, look what you go through! And he fights doing something as simple as peeing and a needle prick.
You could have been wasting your time all this time with all these invasive procedures and meds, when it could have been him all along. That's not fair to you or your body, let alone the budget. Not cool.

/ end rant

Your spouse needs to just man up and go do it, they make it out to be a much bigger deal than it is. As I said to blucky, I don't think it's fair for them to throw such a fuss when women have way more invasive things done to them in the line of testing and treatments!

< this is a pet peeve of mine *tapes hand over mouth* >[/QUOTE]

The clomid increases their sperm count. The studies are varied, but our doc says it increases LH and other hormones for men. He said it is much more studied and effective in women, but that it does in fact work for men too!

As to the men thing. The first and often last step for men is just making a sperm deposit into a cup and getting it analyzed. It's embarrassing for them. My husband practically dragged his feet as I pulled him along cave man style! But I insisted and reminded him my part is far more painful and invasive. Good luck with your men ladies! Put your foot down! ;)

Yeah my husband had to go and do that three times when he was banking due to the cancer. It was embarrassing and uncomfortable for him, but he did it because he loved me and knew how important future children were to me.

Maybe the men just need to be reminded that they love you and know how important children are to you in your lives together! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->