The next time around....

i have seen people birth in their bath before, so i dont think it would be an issue, providing its easy to access, my bathroom is really really cramped but hopefully we will have moved by the time i give birth so wil be looking for somewhere with a suitable bathroom so i can do it, obv you cant sit up like you can in a big one, but it will still help with contractions, when i was in labour with leyla i was in the bath up till i was fully dilated, i actually had to get rushed to hospital in an ambulance, sirens going and everything lol, was told to come in when the pain was unbearable and cos i was hypnobirthing in the bath they didnt get too bad until i was ready to push :dohh:

x

Just found this forum, what a clever question.

I had lovely natural births, so no change in that....

but next time:

try to keep baby Nappy Free from the start. My two went off nappies at 18 months, I want to try from the start.

No spending on a pram, the first one was stollen when 2nd baby arrived, but anyway DS was in the sling for 7 months, then used a buggy sometimes. If I knew I could do that I woundn't by it for DD in the first place...

delaying 1st yr immunisations even further...

getting toddlers used to goat milk at early age, following breastfeeding. My DD can't even smell it, should have start early.

that's what I can thing of now...

Welcome to BNB!!!

Me and Mark had a really long talk tonight and since we are trying for a girl one of the things we are using says May to get pregnant or waiting until end of the year. Plus if I get preg in Jun-July that would put us with another March-april baby which is right when 4 of our 5 bdays fall and I don't want another baby during that time. So we have decided it's best we wait til the end of the year because if I don't get pregnant in May it leaves the chance of getting pregnant unplanned because I wouldn't want to start another BC after getting the IUD out :( I'm really sad though, I know we should wait a few more months but I was getting really excited. Guess it gives me more time to plan, save up for the midwife and all that

The summer will fly by and ull be ttc in no time! I think since I'm not going to uni were ttc next year! Can't wait to do it all over again :) I think the only things I would change are would LOVE a homebirth and would use cloth from birth! OH's quite happy with homebirth now we've looked into it some plus he didn't like leaving me and ry in the hospital last time! I would love a girl this time too but I would love another wee boy too! X

i will definitely be rear facing for as long as possible, i am looking into a car seat that goes up to 55lbs so not sure what age that is but it's pretty big!

x

My very tall, very solid but very slim 5yr old (6 in June) is 52lb. Im getting Theo one that goes to 55lb and hoping Theo goes to at least 4/5 years old in it.
I reckon a 55lb limit seat should do ANY child (unless you stuff them on sweets and they are super fat) to 4 years old

NB if we do a topic about what I would change about my PREGNANCY that would be a whole different ball game :rofl:

Next time I want to have the water birth, I got to labour in the water the whole time this time around and then because the MW didn't believe that I was READY to push, she wasn't checking low enough down for the heartbeat and made me get out and onto the bed so she could find it, by the time she had there was no time to get back in the pool, he was coming out! Unfortunately I'm not sure what the hospitals in australia are like in regards to supplying pools so that should be interesting to look into.
Would like to be in cloth from birth, perhaps do a week in disposables to get past the yucky poo stage and then f/t cloth.
Babywearing will be the same, I did wear Phoenix home from the hospital in a moby wrap and have worn him f/t since then, he's been in a pram maybe 10 times.
BF'ing I'll be much more insistant that I get help from day one. I suffered no end of problems for the first 5wks with a Tongue tie that I recognised within minutes of his birth but that took 5wks and numerous health professionals to decide that yes he did have a full/severe TT. Because of that we had to combi feed and its taken me AGES to get my supply established properly.
Co-sleeping.. um, I don't know, I enjoy it at the moment, and if I can get to a stage where Phoenix can at least nap in his bed (or ours) during the day without me lying next to him, or being able to take him to bed at 8pm and then get back up and spend a couple of hours with my OH then I'd consider it again for the next one, at the moment if I want Phoenix to have a nap in bed then I have to lay with him, and I have to go to bed when he does or he wakes up straight away.

Ellie, just so you know, my cousin had a HB and laboured and gave brth in her standard size bath :)

I think i'm the only one in NP who doesn't co=sleep and never intends to :lol:

Even though I plan to cosleep, Hayden never used his crib, I found girly bedding that makes me want to buy it and a crib just to look pretty lol.

Mommy - I'd be interested in knowing how your healthcare team take to your idea of a VBAC at home.

I had a horrible time in hospital with my first and really want to go for VBAC but dont want to do it at hospital!

Good luck to you!

I contacted a midwife in my area and explained my history. Which is a vaginal birth with my first, csection with my 2nd, VBAC in hospital with my 3rd. And she said that especially with me having a successful VBAC already that it's completely fine to go with a homebirth but she did mention that even without that I'd be fine to try :)

But I know different areas have different "rules" so I would contact one around you, even before you are pregnant and they can answer questions for you so you know what to plan for when the time comes.

I don't have insurance so we are going to save up the $3000 or so between now and getting pregnant so I can just pay them off right away so it's all taken care of before the baby comes.

Home birth :happydance: and cloth from birth and prob the rest the same however i would like to use a sling this time around cos Tabs hated hers. Tabs self weaned at 16 months and that was perfect for me so i just hope i can bf again :)

Ellie, just so you know, my cousin had a HB and laboured and gave brth in her standard size bath :)

I think i'm the only one in NP who doesn't co=sleep and never intends to :lol:

Nah we dont co-sleep either. When i was still BF she would sometimes end up in bed with me cause i would fall asleep but once we moved to FF full time she has been in her own bed. I was always worried about sqashing her! I sometimes bring her in with me in the morning if she wont settle but no way will she sleep - its more fun to poke at mummy!

IF i have another (not sure if i will) - i will definietly be pushing BF more. My BF support group leader told me to contact her when i am pregnant so she can help from day one. Will probably try and BW more, i only got confident doing this when she was a couple of months old but would try from newborn next time. Definitely cloth from birth though. Teeny nappies with fleece liners i can throw away for the yukky first poos. We plan on BLW and if that goes as well as i hope then i would do that next time as well. No CIO, no forced routine, lots of cuddling - yep i love NP!

It''s quite nice to think about next time, however far off that might be! :D

I'd do alot the same:

-breastfeed (hopefully no formula supplementing in the early days but I'd play it by ear)
-labour with just gas and air
-BLW (but I'll do it straight away and not start traditionally because HV had me panicked about weight gain :growlmad:)

I was a very latecomer to natural parenting so this time I'd love to
-cloth nappy from birth
-babywear properly from birth, we only really got into it at about 6 months old

The one thing I wouldn't do is co-sleeping, I'm just not comfortable with it. I really wish I'd done everything else earlier with Aisling but can't turn back the clock :D

co sleeping worries me aswell, thats why shes been in my bed a few times but i mostly have her in her cot right by the bed, so she can see im there if she needs me, but i dont have to wake up 20million times a night to check i havent squished her :haha:

x

lol I have the opposite problem, when he's not beside me I wake up a million times to check he's breathing. I was really anxious in the beginning and wasn't sleeping cos I kept checking on him all night :haha:

Loved my birth this time round, in the midwife led birthing centre- no meds. Labouring in the water as well....

Will co-sleep again, and had abigail in cloth since about 3 weeks (get past the yucky stage and plus her legs were so skinny nothing fitted without leg gape!) so would do the same with next baba!

Only thing id like to do is BF next time round...i had my dream of BF snatched from me when i had severe mastitis and had to be put on strong antibiotics that would make abigail ill :nope: So i had to stop...and will never be at peace by the fact it wasnt my decision to give her the bottle...I fed through hell to keep my milk and was not able to feed her.

I will definitely be BF my next one, i hate that i couldnt for abigail....

congrats on TTC btw!! Really hope you get your girly :)

lol I have the opposite problem, when he's not beside me I wake up a million times to check he's breathing. I was really anxious in the beginning and wasn't sleeping cos I kept checking on him all night :haha:

I'm the same, I was so anxious whenever she was in her moses basket that I just couldn't sleep, turns out she didn't like it much anyway and co-sleeping was Molly's choice. We share a king size between us, OH has his own room now :haha: and Molly has a cot side on her side so... I have no idea why it wouldn't be safe? That said, I'm a very light sleeper and wake as soon as she does and I don't move in my sleep so that might add to my confidence!

Your list is essentially what mine is. I used cloth from birth once he was over the meconium poos (and LO was a month early) so we used wee little prefolds for the first few weeks. Worked perfectly!

Question though - what is the rear-facing seat thing? Never heard of this??

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->