The NO JUDGEMENT 'What did you vow never to do with LO but do now anyway?' thread!

KittyVentura

Autism Mum
Reaction score
Like Ronseal this does exactly what it says on the tin.

What things did you vow never to do as a parent (before you fell PG/While PG/When LO was newborn) that you ended up doing in the end?

Leave your judgement at the door and just fess up. Lol!

I said I'd NEVER give Fin a dummy. Since he made it clear he'll suck his thumb I've been trying to force a dummy on him daily.
I said I'd never put jeans on him while young. That went out the window at about 2 weeks.
When he was new I said I could never EVER (EVERRRRR) leave him to cry... at about 4 weeks old I realised he needed a wind down whinge to be able to nap and my incessant need to keep him from crying actually was keeping him awake and making things much worse. We're lucky and he just has a small whinge and goes to sleep quickly (and STTN) otherwise I would consider CC/CIO in a few months if he didn't.
I said I'd be easy going and not have a strict routine... my routine is so strict now that I get sweaty palms if anyone suggests going out in the evening and keeping him awake past 7:30.

I'm sure I could come up with more too lol xx

i swore i'd never feed him in public, i'm happy and proud to say that i now feed him whenever and wherever. I also said no jeans, he had 4 pairs in 0-3 (but none in 3-6 or 6-9 as the older he gets the younger i dress him!) x

I said I wouldn't breastfeed, the thought made me feel ill. 4 days off my 3 month milestone :happydance:

I said I wouldn't co-sleep as I wanted baby in his own bed to stop problems later on. I have just stopped co-sleeping :haha:

I think that's it for now :)

I said that he would fit into MY routine..... yeah right!!! lol
I sad that he wouldn't be getting into our bed... the little monkey is never out of it these days!!

I said I'd never give a dummy. Poor little mite was poorly when she was 3 weeks old and just couldn't sleep. I bought her a dummy and it made her so much happier. Glad I did it... Just wish I could get rid of it now!

I always thought I wouldn't breastfeed but did for 5 months and loved it (apart from the stress of not being sure if she was getting enough!)

I thought I wouldn't use a dummy but can't manage without one, lol!

Wasn't going to use disposable nappies but do...

I said he wouldn't watch tv until he's a lot older but when I need to do something I pop him in front of Jeremy Kyle and he loves it!! :-/

I said he's always go to bed early but cause of where we used to live it was a past midnight proper bedtime (only just managed to get him to sleep at half 9! So we're getting there!)

I Also said no dummies but he had one from day 3 and I am so glad I did it cause he sttn from that day onwards :)

Ha dummy and jeans like you Kitty! I also said I'd never bottlefeed, or at least not til I was back at work. Wish that one had worked out differently! Also didn't think I'd have him in his own room til 6 months - he was in after 2 months coz we kept waking the poor little man up (well, DH did with his hog-like snoring)

this is a good thread :)

i swore i'd never give jarrett a soother , but the nurses gave him one in the NICU and he loved it so much i let him keep it.

i swore i'd never co sleep, but there's been a few mornings where i've laid in with him and got another half hour sleep

I wasn't going to allow olivia to watch tv, but she now watches 20min of mickey mouse whilst I shower. I wasn't going to co-sleep, but do and don't plan on moving her just yet. I was going to express and let oh give her bottle - I cried the first time and havent expressed since!

I said no dummies but 4 of my children have had them.

I said no co-sleeping but i have.

I said i would never use food jars but i have.

I said I'd never co sleep and now Greg sleeps with me every night :) I kinda love it and happy gregor = happy mama = happy papa! X

I said I'd be very parent led, LO fitting in around our lives, strict routine, not letting baby 'manipulate you' etc. In the end I have turned out to be a very baby led parent, fed on demand, have followed her lead on everything and we fit in around her, not the other way around :)

I said I wouldn't breastfeed(but I tried and expressed instead)
I said I wouldn't use a dummy
I swore I wouldn't use Winnie the pooh stuff, because I hate that bear :rofl:
I said I'd never let her in our bed but she was ill and older so we did, can't say we didn't think it was sweet.
(not sweet when she reckons my bump is a pillow though) :rofl:

I said I'd never spend loads on a theme..... Rainforest anyone?
I said I'd never have another child while alex is so little, because I didn't ever want a double buggy :blush:

I said no dresses before 6 months. The summer was soo hot it was impossible not to!
I said no co sleeping- we do :lol:

I said I wouldn't let Lo sleep in our bed, I bring him in to get an extra hours sleep.

I wanted to BF but had latching problems.

Will add more when i think of anything else.x

- I said I will never co-sleep & he will be in his room by 6 months - He's still in our room & we co-sleep everymorning

- I said I will put him in a routine at a very early age, well it worked until he was 8.5 months, then hen decided to take the lead, & we happily followed him, although it doesnt always fit but until now we'r managing

- I said I will leave him overnight with my mom at least once a month, to get some time with DH, although my mum lives with us since he was 7.5 months, I still cant do it even if it's in the same house

i swore id never lick a hanky and wipe willows face!!

and ive done it twice! poor little thing!!

i HATED my mum doing that to me when i was little!

:rofl:

i swore i would never co sleep but now i do until i move anyway and i swore i wouldnt give a dummy but with all the needles she was having in the neonatal unit it helped calm her

G is 2.5 now but:

I said I would never give a dummy. She had one from 6 months.

I said I would never use CIO. I used it from 6 months

I said I would never smack. I have occassionally smacked her (not hard though)

I said I would never raise my voice. I have found myself having to do so a lot as she entered the "terrible 2's"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->