The NO JUDGEMENT 'What did you vow never to do with LO but do now anyway?' thread!

The biggest one for me was co sleeping. I did with my first and vowed up and down I would not co sleep with Charlie....now we co sleep full time :dohh:

i also said id get rid of the dummy at 6 months.

opps

I said I would NEVER give a dummy! She's had one since 6 wks old.

Said I would let baby whine a bit and cry for a while rather than jump to her. That never happened but I'm glad.

Also I said having a baby woulnt stop us going out etc but I HATE leaving her so at the mo we don't go out in the evenings that often, but she's only 6 months so I'm sure as she gets older we will.

Wouldn't change any of my decisions though xx

I said i'd never let him have a baby walker but he's got one but hasnt used it yet.

I said i would never ever co-sleep :roll: we pretty much do full time now x

i said:

never give him a dummy
have a strict routine
cuddle him all of the time
co sleep (partly)
run to him the minute he cries//moans

i said all this whilst pregnant but it all went out of the window :dohh: lol im glad it did actually i think i expected to much when i was pregnant.

<3

like pp said im glad i never listened to myself now lol

I said I would BF until he was 6 months old... I lasted 11 weeks.
xx

Said I wouldn't use a dummy and we do.

Said I would finish BFing before Christmas. Still doing it.

I said i would never co-sleep! I was very judegemental, narrowminded and rude to people that did ... and now, it's saved our life!

No co-sleeping, but we have co-slept full time since Ivy was 2 months. She has started to go down really well in her cot but when I go to bed I still take her out and bring her into my bed, I loooove the cuddles and shes like my own little hot water bottle :haha:

I actually didn't have many opinions on parenting when I was pregnant so I can't think of anything else!

I was determined that if I did use a dummy it would be in the bedroom only - quickly abandoned that idea! Wouldn't leave the house without it in the bag (just in case!) - baby with dummy in public is a lot better than screaming baby in public!

Also conversely planned to move him to his own room at about 6-8 weeks. Instead we're now trying to work out how we can rearrange our bedroom to squeeze the cot in as I'm just not ready for him to sleep on his own (even in the room 3 feet away with the door open!).

Oh and I said I'd stop breastfeeding at 6 months but I would be sooo upset if I had to stop now!

Said he'd never sleep in our bed........that went out the window at 2 months when hubby went away for a month and bubs sleeping pattern went out the window....now he's in our bed from 3am-7am

i said i would only bf for a few months. still am
i said i would probably go back to work when lo was around 6months. not for me!
i didn't think we'd ever co-sleep. do it every morning
No food jars for my lo. He has had a fair few!

I said I would never bring him into our bed to sleep. Now he wakes at 5am most mornings and if I want all of us to be able to go back to sleep and not start the day at 5am then he comes in our bed, snuggles up next to me and goes to sleep now. DH isnt best pleased about it but I told him get used to it. He'll probably be coming into our room for the next 10 years saying 'mum... dad.... can i sleep w/ you?'

I said I would never give him a dummy (he has a dummy and we relied on it when he was a newborn) I said I would breastfeed for 6 months (I only managed 10 days :( ) I said he would never watch TV - he watches Waybuloo everyday for 20 minites while we eat dinner. I said I would never co-sleep - we coslept for 4 months. I said I would use cloth nappies - I use disposables. :blush:
xx

I said I'd definitely breastfeed for 6 months, then express untill 1 year.
I only BF one week and then expressed until 2 weeks! :cry: It was a nightmare as my supply just cut off over night and I went from being able to express 7oz in 15 mins to 1oz in an hour:cry:
Sooo now I formula feed, which I swore I'd never do!

I wasn't going to give him a pacifier, but at 3 weeks it was obvious he needed one. It was a real lifesaver and he stopped wanting it all on his own at 4 months.
I wasn't going to give him any formula, but I couldn't make enough milk and it was formula or let him starve, so I let him have some formula.

My baby is only five days old and I've already gone back on my no dummy decision. He had that after three days. Every time I change him he screams the house down, so I got one for him because I couldn't bear to see him wailing when I was too busy with his bottom to soothe him. I'm glad to hear that so many other people have done the same!

I said I wouldn't ever co-sleep, but I've been doing it everyday for the past month.

I said I'd exclusively breastfeed for 6 months, but now it looks like I might start weaning a little earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->