The NO JUDGEMENT 'What did you vow never to do with LO but do now anyway?' thread!

No jeans, no dummy, no co-sleeping!!

All out the window by the time he was three weeks old!

I swore my child would not be picked up if he cried because I didn't want him spoiled........ and I was the first to run to him at the slightest murmer :haha:

I said I wouldnt use a dummy and I do :lol:

With Tabs I said I wouldnt co-sleep or use reusable nappies :haha:

LOVE this thread!!!!
i said i'd never use a dummy, molly didn't but charlie had one at around 4 weeks after a trip to the hospital and EVERY nurse,doctor&consultant that sore him asked if he had a dummy becuase he wouldn't stop crying-i thought what the hell if they're asking it can't be that bad, got a dummy and he loves it and so do our ears!! x

I didn't say I wouldn't do anything!
I bought dummies as I knew I'd use them, said I would try BF & I did. I never had any plans on sleeping but bought a moses but we now co-sleep so I guess that is maybe one thing.

Oh yeah, dressing in pink! I had a green, yellow and white wardrobe for Carmen when she was a newborn- now it's been taken over by pink, fuchsia and purple! lol

One thing I found funny was that I was desperate to cosleep AND give him a soother/dummy but he refused both :cry: What baby refuses cosleeping? I swear there are some wires crossed in this kid's brain
Noah also refused dummies and cosleeping after a month old! Difficult child :haha:

I said i'd breastfeed.
I said I wouldn't "be one of those mums that puts hundreds of pictures of their child on Facebook, nobody wants to see that many, I'll just put the best ones up". Also I wouldn't "put a picture of him as my profile picture, why would you do that? Its your profile not your baby's"
Well since having him I decided the amount of pictures that are Facebook-worthy were more than I imagined, they are all his 'best' :rofl: Hundreds on there now. And within hours of his birth I was uploading a photo to Facebook and set it as my profile picture :lol: And still put his best pics to my profile picture now xx

I said he wouldn't watch tv until he's a lot older but when I need to do something I pop him in front of Jeremy Kyle and he loves it!! :-/

I said he's always go to bed early but cause of where we used to live it was a past midnight proper bedtime (only just managed to get him to sleep at half 9! So we're getting there!)

I Also said no dummies but he had one from day 3 and I am so glad I did it cause he sttn from that day onwards :)

Loving the fact he loves Jezza! lol!

One thing I found funny was that I was desperate to cosleep AND give him a soother/dummy but he refused both :cry: What baby refuses cosleeping? I swear there are some wires crossed in this kid's brain
Noah also refused dummies and cosleeping after a month old! Difficult child :haha:

I said i'd breastfeed.
I said I wouldn't "be one of those mums that puts hundreds of pictures of their child on Facebook, nobody wants to see that many, I'll just put the best ones up". Also I wouldn't "put a picture of him as my profile picture, why would you do that? Its your profile not your baby's"
Well since having him I decided the amount of pictures that are Facebook-worthy were more than I imagined, they are all his 'best' :rofl: Hundreds on there now. And within hours of his birth I was uploading a photo to Facebook and set it as my profile picture :lol: And still put his best pics to my profile picture now xx

That sounds like me! I used to be annoyed with moms who did this but I do it too now!

I said he would never sleep in my bed but he's been sleeping in my bed for the past 5 months!

I said I wouldn't give him a sibling until he was at least 4 years old, but ones already on its way!:dohh:

only one thing actually second time around.
said LO would be out of our room and in with her brother at 6mths.
it never happened, in fact LO is still in our room and we sleep on a corner sofa bed in the lounge aand have done so for what, 8 wks?
we only have a two bed place until we move soon and everyone sleeps better with their own space!!

Connor is the same. He has always prefered thumb to any soother, and won't co-sleep. He did a few times when he was really little but won't sleep now unless he is in his crib

I said I would never give formula, but between latching issues and low supply, I have been forced to combine feed.

I said I wouldn't use disposable diapers... went to them at 2 weeks, when I couldn't keep up with laundry. :blush:
Bought pacifiers/dummies for him to use... he hates them. Prefers his fist. :haha:

Not quite about LO, but kinda has to do with it? I said I wouldn't take an Epidural during labor, and at the last part of it, I did. (Proud of myself I got through transition and that with no pain relief, though).

Oh I hear you on the epi. Having never experienced the pain of labour I was like "I'm gonna have a water birth, just G&A if I need it and I'll do my make up before I have any pics done"

... about 4 weeks later and I still hadn't touched make up lol xx

another one here that said no dummy
also never wanted her in pink and yet i love buying pink things lol!

I never 'vowed' anything as such but i did have a few ideas of how my baby would be

he would be calm and happy because i'm calm and happy

he would hardly cry because i would be baby led and he wouldn't need to

i would wear him all the time

having a baby won't affect our marriage in a negative way

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

fast forward to colic, reflux, cried for h o u r s, he hates being worn :cry: and our marriage feels like a pretty huge bomb has gone off.

good job i adore him :cloud9:

Things I have vowed to DO since being pregnant

NEVER EVER comment on anyone's bump size, no-one wants to hear.. OH MY GOD you are MASSIVE!!

And after knowing how difficult it was to decide on a name for our little boy I will never tell someone I'm not keen on their choice of name or that I know someone with a dog called that!!!!!!!

^ :lol: at the last comment.
I like to tell people there huge, but only people who are my actual friends who i know woudlnt take offence to it.

umm i said he would never come in my bed, hit the 4 month sleep regression and baam he came in!

i said 'oh i wont be one of those parents that carry the babies all round the shops' but at times he WOULD NOT and still wont stay in that blinking pram

i also said when he was young, oh i'll never feed him in the pram but now he's older and i've been in a mega rush it was much easier to keep him in the pram and hold his bottle till he'd finished (usually would take like 1 min) or if he wanted feeding on the bus ect.

cant think of any more really but im sure there will be more

I swore that I wouldn't turn into one of those women who only talks about her kids... even my bloke is bored of me talking about them now!

I swore that I wouldn't turn into one of those women who only talks about her kids... even my bloke is bored of me talking about them now!

Me too - I have one topic of conversation... my boy and what he does on a daily basis :haha:

Me too - I have one topic of conversation... my boy and what he does on a daily basis :haha:

YUP! Thats the thing tho, there isn't anything as interesting for us is there!

"Erm... I'm going to have a 100% natural birth with zero drugs, I'm gonna work out by week 2 and get back to prebaby weight by December, and I'm gonna have a perfect marriage still (cause those other girls just exaggerate that they fight) and um, I'm going to instantly breastfeed, cosleep, never use a bottle coz those are evil (along with evil formula) and I'm not gonna let the baby change my life and I'm not gonna be one of those girls who doesn't do their hair or dress up coz they got a baby!!!!"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^LOL :rofl: The answer to the question is: EVERYTHING

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"