The Northern Ireland Crew!!

Sounds like you've had lots of brushes with the TV life there Emy! :haha:

i was on tv once wen i was about 10, my dad used to be a serious runner (still runs to keep fit) and he took my brother and i to see the belfast marathon. it was pishing it down, but u saw the hood of my raincoat! :haha: famoussssss

I'm basically famous. I could go on.

I acted with Daniel Radcliff's cousin, that sounds impressive (but isn't). Had my own article in the Newsletter with picture and all then a couple of smaller ones in other smaller newspapers. Was briefly on songs of praise too about 14 years ago hahaha.

Anyway - dunno where this is going XD, Silas' Dad is starting to get contacts in London that I find much more impressive.

Go on Emy! Tell all!

I was on the big breakfast once. The roadshow was in Portrush when we were on holidays and we went. They cut to the podium some random z-lister was on to play a game of some sort and I was beside it. I think I was 11 at the time and thought I was the bees knees.

Have been in newspapers a couple more times. Once for something to do with my college a couple of years ago and once when I was 6 with a painting of a duck, well, I say that. I got so overwelmed that I'd won this painting competiton (I was a very emotional 6 year old) that I burst into tears and so another child held my pictures for the paper :rofl: ahhh well.

I could get onto 'Freak like me' easy enough I'm pretty convinced. Just don't fancy it :p

OH!

Forgot to mention, there's a 'Regional Breastfeeding Support Event' on Monday 20th from 12.00 till 13.30 in Groundwork, 63-75 Duncairn Gardens Belfast.

Have no idea what's really happening, but i'm going. If you can/want to attend you can send an email to [email protected]. There is going to be free food (for certs) so it's not to be missed.

I was on the local BBC 6 O'clock news! I had bunked off Art College early one afternoon on Valentine's Day and was dandering through Belfast on my home via the pub, when this camera crew and Rose Neill comes rushing across Royal Avenue in my direction. Next thing I knew I had a microphone shoved at my face and was being asked questions about Valentine's Day etc. I was mortified. So, I was eating my dinner of cold baked beans out of a tin infront of the telly that night, when an article comes on about the opinions of the public on romance...first up was my big beaming gob yabbering crap about getting 6 cards from the same person. I nearly choked to death with embarrassment. Next day at lectures I got ribbed mercilessly. I 'll never forget it.

My wee brother Jonny was on Romper Room, but you're all probably way too young to remember that. Ask yer parents!

ETA. I actually did get 6 cards from the same person. I married him and have now been happily divorced from him for the past 6 years with a lovely non-molestation order against him. 'Nuff said.

Well I can't beat Emy's claims to fame, but I've been on TV twice!

When I was a teenager I worked at Hamley's toy store in London, and when they released the Furbys (remember those?!) the 6 o' clock news did a feature on it, and there I was at the till!

You know that TV show Just for Laughs? Back when my husband and I were students, we were walking through Botanic Gardens, and there was a wire across the path, and as we walked over it two "builders" lifted it up and we tripped over it. They were really apologetic, but as we walked past they did it again! Cue more apologies, but I knew something was up and said "You're having a laugh! You're from the BBC aren't you?!" And sure enough, after the 3rd time they started laughing and some woman with a clipboard dashed out from behind a tree and we signed a paper to let them put it on the show!

Who wants my autograph?! :haha:

I remember Just for Laughs! and I had a Furby! Not Romper Room though you have me there.

Most of Just for laughs was done in Belfast and about, always reconised the places - then later on they started to purchase footage from similar American shows and that spoilt it a bit. I've yet to be on a proper show, I'm hoping Deal or no Deal so I can get 20k by pretending the boxes are magic and that Noel Edmunds isn't insane.

Seriously though, he started off ok on that show - now he just goes crazy. You channel flick and he's running around shouting 'BOXES BOXES, RANDOM SELECTION, BAAAAANKER...WE ARE IN THE DREAAAAAAM FACTORY' with a 'i've drunk too much coffee' face on.

I want your autograph Speccy!

girls... i dunno if im gonna make it tomorrow. i have been feeling fine all day, just a bit coughy and spluttery... then like 2 hours ago it just hit me and i feel like death. will wait and see tomorrow i guess. i will be sooooo upset if i cant go.

girls... i dunno if im gonna make it tomorrow. i have been feeling fine all day, just a bit coughy and spluttery... then like 2 hours ago it just hit me and i feel like death. will wait and see tomorrow i guess. i will be sooooo upset if i cant go.

Aaaarrggghhh! Don't you dare be sick! Take hot whiskey (don't care if you don't drink) paracetamol, orange juice, Berrocca, lemons, zinc supplements, blah, blah, blah) I was so looking forward to seeing you again and meeting Barry. Don't doooooooooooooooooooooooooooo this to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Sam - whatcha wearing tomorrow?
I have it narrowed down to 2 outfits... I think.

Is Lindsay about? I'll just wait a mo and see if she's available to fill you in...

Have a feeling this meet maybe having a few problems.

I got a text from her. I'm assuming we both know the same thing?

understatement emy!! So yes, im still sick... And there was something else too... What was it... Oh yeah, EVES IN LABOUR!!! shes been contracting since 2pm, went to the labour ward and they have given her a jab for atticus's lungs and have decided against stopping labour. So this is it!!! Everyone please keep her and atti in ur thoughts. Go eve go!

i need ur number sammo. Theres been so many times wen ive wanted to text u!!

Me too if you please!

:hugs: and :dust: to Eve.

:lol:d at your phone not cooperating Linds! You HAVE to come tomorrow night...

Yeah, few small problems with meet :haha:!

Come on wee man! I'm sure she'll do brilliantly, can't wait to hear the details and just positive thoughts and hoping everything will go smoothly and they'll be a gorgeous little Atticus in his mummy's arms tonight/early morning.

It's steriod injections they give for the lungs (was for me anyway), two shots. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->